Chapter 14

I changed the results of the obstacle course and some groupings of the calvary battle, hope you don't mind <3

'Amazing! They're what we should watch!' Present Mic slammed his hands onto the table in from of him and declared to Aizawa, who was sitting next to him. 'L/N is an extremely skilled girl who excels in hand to hand and close combat. She used to lack control over her quirk but she has improved a lot within the two weeks. She's always on the move, analysing the scene before her and predicting her opponent's next steps.' 

'Todoroki has extreme precision and power over his ice and can handle it very, very well. However, he prefers a cold, hard and fast fight as compared to Y/N. What sets Class 1A apart from others is that they've learned not to hesitate. They've seen what the real world is like. They've felt the fear of facing those villains. Yet they fight on, trying to overcome that fear. They've grown over time, and they know that they have to act quickly if they want to stay alive.' Aizawa explained.

'Heard it from the man, Shota Aizawa himself, homeroom teacher of Class 1A! And for those of you who thought the first obstacle was easy, let's see how you feel about the second one! Y/N L/N and Shoto Todoroki have already reached!' Present Mic threw his hands into the air

Y/N sighed. 'Looks like we'll have to part ways, Sho. I'll meet you on the other side.' She winked and jumped off the edge. 'Y/N L/N takes a daring jump off the cliff! Will she be disqualified? What does she have in mind?'

The brunette smirked, a clear, aqua blue platform forming underneath her foot. As soon as her foot left the platform, another one appeared and the previous one evaporated, allowing the girl to sprint across the gaping holes effortlessly and effectively. 'All that training definitely paid off.' She thought as she increased her speed.

'She can run on thin air? Unbelievable! What is this girl's quirk?' Present Mic asked incredulously from the commentary box. 'Water manipulation. That's the water molecules present in the air that's supporting her. She's holding them all together with her willpower.' Aizawa chimed in. 'L/N is a manipulative and flexible fighter. I'm sure she's got plenty more tricks up her sleeve.'

Within minutes, Y/N and Shoto were both over, onto the other side. 'Did you leave ice behind?' Y/N asked, cocking her head as they continued sprinting together. Shoto nodded.

'Right. I've got one more trick.' Y/N yanked her arm up in a sharp motion as they ran, the ice crystals following her motion and shooting upwards. 'Release.' Y/N flicked her wrist and the shards of ice fell, cutting through most of the routes, leaving a single unstable, long and winding one for the rest of the students. 

'Y/N L/N and Shoto Todoroki have once again taken the lead! However, it seems that Katsuki Bakugo, also from Class 1A, is catching up!'

'You two suck!' Bakugo yelled from behind them. 'You do too!' Y/N retorted, aiming a blast of water at him, causing Bakugo to veer aside and go off course. 'Run faster! We don't have much time until he's back at us.' She gasped out, increasing her speed once more. 'We're here.' Shoto panted. They both stopped in shock at the sight before them.

'A... minefield? This was designed to slow us down, isn't it? I don't have as much energy as before, it's insufficient for me to run above it. We'll just tread carefully for now and set off any many landmines as we can when others are near.' Y/N leapt as far as she could without stepping on a mine and began slowly but surely inching her way across, Shoto following in hot pursuit.

'The natural athletic abilities and agility of those two are what is keeping them in the first place. Other than the fact that they seem to be working together, but that's not against the rules.' Some spectators began discussing. 'They've got sharp minds too, especially that L/N girl. All the agencies are going to be fighting over the both of them.'