Chapter 66

'Y/N! Y/N! Y/N L/N!' Kaminari's loud, enthusiastic yell punctured the relatively quiet morning at UA High, Class 1A's classroom. 'What?' The sleepy girl jerked up, blinking owlishly at her electric blond haired classmate. 'You're on the news! You're on the freaking news! You and Kirishima's hero names appeared on the news!'

'Wait, what? Are you serious?' All sleepiness was gone from the brunette's system. She snatched Kaminari's phone from his outstretched hand violently, eager to read the article for herself. 'Oh my god! It's true!' She gasped, fingers trembling as she cupped a shaky hand over her mouth while her other hand scrolled furiously. 'I can't believe this!' 'May I see?' A monotonous voice interrupted the silver eyed girl.

Eagerly, Y/N handed Kaminari's phone to Shoto, a proud smile slowly creeping onto his face as he slowly  but surely read the news. 'I'm happy for you.' He stated once he finished, engulfing the girl in a warm hug. 'Soon it'll be your turn.' Y/N whispered, giving her boyfriend a close eyed grin. 'Then we'll be heroes together.'

...

'Midoriya, good morning! You're going to work study today, too?' Kirishima waved as he stood outside the 1A dorm building, waiting for Y/N to show her face. 'They haven't called me in for a while, so it's like I'm finally going in again.' Izuku replied, stepping out of the dorm building. 'I was told we didn't need our costumes, though.'

'Oh? Good morning!' A cheery voice greeted the two boys. Tsu and Ochaco stepped out of the building, smiling happily. 'You two going in today?' 'Yes.' Izuku nodded. 'What a coincidence! We are, too.' Tsuyu took a step forward, to allow Y/N to rush through, her bag flying as it hung loosely on her shoulders. 'I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry! I overslept.' She admitted sheepishly, adjusting her bag straps. 'It's okay.' Kirishima smiled reassuringly, as the girl turned to wave to Shoto.

'Are you going to the station? If you want, we can accompany you.' Two masked heroes interrupted the five teenagers, offering to take them to the station they were heading towards. 'Oh, if that's alright with you!' Ochaco smiled, bowing gratefully. 'Thank you!' Izuku joined Ochaco in dipping his head, showcasing his gratitude. 'There are a lot of heroes.' Y/N leaned over to Kirishima, whispering in his ear. 

'Eh?' Izuku commented as both Kirishima and Y/N stepped in the same direction as he did. 'We're all going the same way? Y/N, Kirishima, aren't you two in Kansai?' 'Well, we're meeting in a place that's different from usual.' The redhead answered, looking utterly baffled for a single second. 'We are, too.' Tsuyu butted in. 'Ah, well, we get to stick together longer!' Y/N cheered, her ponytail flying after her as she skipped forward.

'Everyone on the same train... going to the same station... This is a coincidence!' Izuku muttered, clutching onto his bag as the five UA students sat on the train, the atmosphere relaxed. 'Actually, I don't think this is a coincidence.' Y/N admitted, smoothing incessantly at her brown hair. 'You're always like that.' Ochaco teased, patting the silver eyed girl's knee. 'Well I haven't been wrong, have I?' The girl defended, sticking her nose into the air.

'That's true.' Tsu mused, tapping her chin.

...

'Oh!' As soon as she caught a glimpse of the first year students, Nejire spun around. 'Let's go, shall we? Oh, Y/N, you look so pretty in a ponytail! Ochaco, did you do your hair differently or something? Tsu, you look amazing in your uniform!' The third year babbled, yanking the shell shocked girls after her. 'What's going on?' The brunette questioned, regaining her balance. 'I'm not very sure.' The periwinkle haired girl confessed, her grip on her lowerclassman's wrist not loosening. 'But Ryukyu told us were doing something different and important today.'

'Gran Torino?' Izuku exclaimed as soon as he stepped into the crowded building, which was simply overflowing with heroes from all across Japan. 'And Mr Aizawa? Dragoon Hero Ryukyu, BMI Hero Fatgum, Rock Lock, Kesagiri Man and Mr Brave.' 'Uh, Izuku? Maybe it's best if you don't start stating every one of the heroes here.' Y/N nudged her green haired friend with the crook of her arm, smiling sheepishly. 'Ah? Oh yeah, uh, sorry!' The boy rambled, blushing in embarrassment.

'Hey, hey, what's this?' Nejire hastily ran up to her mentor and flung her arms around the slender woman, who smiled serenely at her. 'What're we gonna do? Hey, Ryukyu, you said it was a meeting, I know, but what about?' 'You'll find out soon enough.' The Dragoon Hero replied, setting the bubbly teenager down softly. 'Mr Aizawa!' Ochaco and Tsu approached their homeroom teacher, shocked that he would be there. 'Mr Aizawa, why are you here?'

'I was called out suddenly.' Their teacher turned towards his curious students. 'I also heard roughly what's going on.' 'Girls, I told you before, didn't I?' Their mentor called from next to Nejire. 'You two seem like you'll be able to play an active role in that matter. Nighteye, let's get started.' Ryukyu proposed, while the two girls exchanged a confused glance.

'Thanks to the information we received from you all, the investigation has moved forward substantially. We will now have a conference to share what information we have acquired regarding what the small organisation, Shie Hassaikai, is planning.'

'I'm completely in the dark about this.' Kirishima looked to his mentor in confusion. 'Hassai? What's that?' 'They might be thinking of doing something bad.' Fatgum replied, explaining the matter to his befuddled work study student. 'So this is a time for us to discuss it together. You three are very much involved.'

...

'We suspect one of Hassaikai's main resources of income is unauthorised drugs, so I requested help from heroes who are well versed in those matters.' 'I crushed plenty of those guys back in the day!' Fatgum proclaimed. 'And then, at Red Riot and Yui's debut fight that day, a type I'd never seen before was shot into Tamaki. A drug that destroys quirks.'

'Eh?' Mirio abruptly stood up, drawing everyone's attention onto himself. 'What? Tamaki, you're okay, right?' The blond questioned incredulously. 'Yeah.' The indigo haired boy replied softly. 'i recovered after I slept. Look at this cow hoof.' He held up his arm, which had been transformed into a hoof. 'So you had beef bowl for breakfast?' His friend started, but Y/N butted in.

'Togata, no offence, but I think that's not the most important thing right now.'

'I feel better knowing that you can recover from it. So it's not gone for good?' A pro spoke up. 'No. We will hear from Eraserhead on that matter.' Nighteye proposed, holding a hand up for Aizawa to speak. 'It seems to be a little different from my Erasure.' Aizawa began, glancing around at everyone in the room. 'Since I don't attack the quirk directly. The quirk is an extra part with a special function added to a basic human body. These 'extra parts' are lumped together as quirk genes. 'I can only stop them from functioning temporarily, but I cannot directly inflict damage on them.'

'Right after Tamaki was shot, we had the hospital take a look at him, and his quirk genes were damaged. Thankfully, they healed on their own, so he's back to normal.'

'What about the analysis of what was shot into him?' Nighteye demanded sharply. 'There was nothing wrong with the rest of his body. It was only his quirk that received damage. The guy who shot him isn't saying anything either. The gun's in pieces, and the only bullet we had was the one that had been shot. But thanks to Kirishima's brave actions, we were able to get one still filled with the drug.

'That almost shot Y/N!' Kirishima protested indignantly, pointing to both of them agitatedly. 'Kirishima, good job!' Ochaco praised, smiling at her classmate, with Tsu nodding along. 'Hardening, right?' Nejire butted in. 'I know about that! It was the perfect matchup!'

'And after analysing the contents, we discovered something that made me sick.' Fatgum continued, his next words sent a shockwave through everyone present in the meeting room.

'Human blood and cells were inside!'

Human blood... and cells...