Chapter 34

This chapter was hard to write ;-; I suck at my studies so badly... sigh.

Also...I'll be skipping the examination scenes. They don't help much with plot development and let's be honest, exam scenes are awfully boring.

'Well, it's almost time for summer vacation. Don't get too excited. You can't just relax an entire month. You'll be training while camping in the woods.' Aizawa announced, making Y/N L/N pout. 'Damn it.' She sighed, 'I wanted to visit the beach.'

'A big sleepover!' Mina cheered.

'We've been training in cities. This will be very different conditions for us.' Momo remarked, while Y/N continued grumbling about missing her chance to go to the beach. 'However.' Aizawa activated his quirk, scaring the class into a deathly silence. 'Those of you who don't pass the final exams before this semester is over, you'll have summer school.' 'Everyone,  do your best!' Kirishima swivelled to face the class and yelled, while Bakugo growled, 'This is so stupid.'

'You girls better pass this thing!' Mineta cried. 'Oh, I won't be passing it.' Y/N flipped her hair. 'I'll be acing it and shoving it in your face.' 'Alright, that's all for class today. You've only one week left before your finals begin. I'm sure you're all studying constantly, right? Don't forget to keep training. The written exam is only one element. There's also the practical portion to worry about.' Aizawa reminded as he walked out of the classroom, shutting the door behind him. 'Good luck.'

'It's pretty hard to fail in class, isn't it?' Shoto commented while Y/N snickered. 'I agree.' 'Hey, don't worry, you two. I can catch you two up on the important topics if you want.' Momo offered, while Kaminari and Mina cheered. 'Hey, now that we think of it, where did you place, Y/N?' Kaminari asked, turning to the brunette. 'Second.' She admitted, scratching her neck. 'What? How come we didn't know that?' Mina exclaimed, drawing attention to their group.

'The trick is to maintain a regular timetable.' Y/N shrugged. 'I'm able to get in at least one hour of revision each day.' 'I'm afraid I won't be of any help when it comes to the practical though.' Momo sighed. 'Aw, cheer up!' Y/N reassured. 'I'll train you!' She suggested, smiling happily. 'I've been studying... but could you help me out too? I've been having trouble understanding quadratic functions.' Jiro approached her two friends. 'Tutor me, please! Classical Japanese is killing me!' Sero announced. 'Is there room for one more? I'm afraid I'm falling behind a little.' Ojiro walked up to the group of students sheepishly.

Y/N's eyes widened. 'Uh... bye! I don't work well with groups.' She slunk away and began to look for her boyfriend. 'Guess who!' She giggled, slipping her hands over the boy's eyes. 'I don't know.' He sighed, playing along to amuse his girlfriend. 'It's me!' She laughed, popping out behind him. 'Anyway, do you want to study together? Yao's yakking away...' She gestured at the ravenette jumping around and spewing incomprehensible nonsense. 'Sure. My room tonight?' Shoto replied, sitting down on a table. 'Nine?' Y/N proposed as she checked her notebook. 'After combat training?'

'Alright.'

'I'm kinda scared about the practical.' Izuku spoke up at they ate at the cafeteria. 'I have no idea what it's gonna be?' 'Hard to believe they'd give us anything too crazy.' Iida replied. 'The written exam will be the stuff from class, so I should at least be able to do those.' Izuku commented as he lifted his bowl. 'Do you really think it's going to be that simple?' Ochaco stuttered. looking up from her food. 'There will most likely be twists and turns, but ultimately the concepts are still the same.' Y/N explained as she stared off into space. 'But I can't say the same for the practicals. The most we can do is to be physically prepared.'

'It's driving me nuts. I just wanna know what they'll have us doing.' Izuku complained as he chewed. 'It's a comprehensive test of everything we've learnt this year.' Ochaco answered. 'Yep, but that's about all we could get Mr Aizawa to tell us.' Tsuyu remarked as she ate.