Chapter 22

I admit that this scene made me blush. Very hard, at that.

'I said it and I'll say it again, Midoriya. Thank you.'

With that, the cement slabs exploded into tiny pieces. The wind that was stirred up was as strong as a tornado, whipping the audience with the strength of it, going as far as to blast open the door of the waiting room was in, wind overflowing her senses. Finally, when the wind settled, plumes of smoke rose up from the arena, dissipating slowly into the air above. Y/N blinked stupidly, disoriented and confused. 'What just happened?'

'Midoriya is... out of bounds!' Midnight panted, finally managing to get back up on her feet after being blown away like a leaf. Shoto was let standing, half of his PE uniform scorched off completely by the intense heat of his flames. 'Uh...' Y/N blushed hard, hiding her red face despite the fact that no one was there to see her get flustered. 'Todoroki wins!'

'What's the matter? Not gonna tell me to get lost?' Shoto came to a stop when he saw his father. 'You need to learn how to control your left side. It's dangerous to release so much energy like that, but I'm glad you're finally seeing reason. Now that you've abandoned your childish rebellion, we can get back to what's important.' Endeavor held out a hand. 'After you graduate, you'll work by my side. I'll lead you down the path of the mighty, Shoto.'

'I haven't abandoned anything. You are a fool to think that my feelings could be so easily reversed. Instead, out there, in that one moment, I forgot all about you. Whether that's good or bad, whether it's the right thing to do, I don't know. Maybe I don't need you.' Shoto deadpanned, brushing past Endeavor and starting down the corridor, leaving him in the middle, shocked.

'Excuse me.' A cold voice behind them spoke. Shoto turned to see Y/N, a determined yet angry expression upon her normally soft features. 'You're blocking the way. My way.'

'Y/N!' Another voice called out to the brunette. 'What do you want, father?' The girl snapped, her eyes narrowed as she turned around. 'I hope you aren't as rebellious as Shoto is.' Riku panted, holding onto the wall for support. Y/N glared down at him. 'You're awfully unfit.' She remarked, turning around and heading towards the arena. 'And no, this is my quirk. But I don't plan on using it in this match. I'll get the glory with both halves of my quirk. You've had your fun, old man. It's my turn now. And good job, Sho.'

'Next up, we have the supersonic boy with a bright future ahead of him, Tenya Iida of the Hero Course! Versus, the bright little starlet of our school! Despite her tender age of fifteen, she's already practically invincible with all those awesome watery abilities of hers! From the same class, we have Y/N L/N!'

Y/N strode out gracefully, expression serene and peaceful. She faced Iida, head lowered slightly but valour gleaming in her eyes. The crowd whispered. 'She's just as powerful as that Todoroki guy. No wonder they're close.' 'She's just so pretty, isn't she? Look at those big silver eyes! They're to die for!' 'I find her quite scary actually. She's a monster in battle, besides she radiates the same type of cold intimidation as Endeavor's son.' 

'And, begin!' 

Iida charged towards Y/N, but at only half his speed. Eyes focused on the approaching figure, Y/N clenched her fists. As Iida was about to make contact with her, the silver eyed girl stepped aside. Iida barged past her, skidding to a stop, a hairline away from the borders. He turned and attacked again, but the girl only did the same thing.

By the fifth time Y/N stepped aside, Iida was getting irritated. 'How is she dodging every single one of my attempts?' He thought, studying Y/N, whose hair was floating in the light wind, her eyes glued onto a stray petal flying in the air. 'She seems off guard. Now's my chance!' He whispered to himself as he prepared his secret attack. 'Here we go... Recipro... burst!' He yelled, heating his engines to full power and shooting towards the brunette, who stared back at him with dangerously glowing eyes.