Chapter 75

This book is dragging on and on haha

I'm afraid people will lose interest if I finish season 4 and continue with season 5 so unfortunately I won't be including season 5.

The bad news is I plan to write season 4 and wrap this book up, so we're looking at about fifteen new chapters or so until we reach the end.

The good news is I'm going to publish a oneshot book based on this story, it's going to be about Todoroki, Y/N and 1A's adult life. So feel free to check it out! If you're interested, of course. I already have quite a few drafts, so the updates will come pretty quick after the end of 'Peppermint'.

Also, I've received a few comments about Y/N's blood bending ability. All I'll say is, she may or may not unveil that ability of hers in this book. So if you want to find out, do read the oneshot book after this :> 

(I'm totally not trying to get views)

'This is a good way to use quirks.'

'Oh yeah, he actually really likes kids. He's just forcing himself to act like that.' Present Mic added, lightening the mood.

'Hey, after thinking about it, I totally like you now!' Inasa boomed as they walked towards the exit of the training facility. 'Our quirks are good together too!' 'That's great.' Shoto mumbled, turning slightly to acknowledge the taller boy. 'Also, Bakugo, you're actually not bad if you like, shut up.' Camie added, peeking out from behind Inasa's shoulder. 'Try shutting up.' She suggested innocently, eyes wide.

'You shut up!'

'Oh? What's going on, Shishikura?' As the door slid open, the four students immediately noticed Endeavor, All Might, Present Mic, Y/N and the Shiketsu student, as well as an unfamiliar man, most likely the teacher in charge of Shiketsu High, discussing under their voices. 'You chatting with All Might? Seriously, the symbol? That's crazy, what were you talking about? Like, life and stuff? Oh, perhaps about love?'

'We were talking about you, you dunce!' The indigo haired Shiketsu student yelled at the fawn haired girl, while Y/N nodded along solemnly in the background. 'The reality is that the League of Villains has gone after a school that's not UA.' The unknown man interrupted. 'Up until now, we have not had any especially deep interactions with UA, but we were talking about coordinating in the future to share more information. We still do not know why you were targeted, Utsushimi. We are hoping to get a better idea of what they're after by working together.'

'That means joint trainings are also being considered.' Y/N cut in, twiddling her thumbs. 'I look forward to training with you.' She stated, pointing at the three Shiketsu students. 'When you're not being loud as hell and giving me a migraine.' 'Next time, I'll beat you one on one.' Bakugo declared, stepping up.

'You're still behaving and speaking so violently! Know your place!'

'I don't want to hear that from you.' The ash blond grumbled.

'Shoto.' Endeavor's voice pulled everyone's attention onto himself, Y/N and Bakugo in particular. 'Long time no see. You've changed a lot.' He tried to lay his hand on the dual haired boy's shoulder, but the latter smacked it away, gaze fixated solely on his father's face. Y/N noticed the hero's face fall just a little, but didn't interfere.

'Shoto... I'm proud of you, son. So... I'll become a hero that you can be proud of, too. Proud that your father is the number one hero... the most powerful man.'

'Do what you want...' The heterochromatic boy muttered, turning to Y/N who wordlessly took his suitcase into her own hands, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. All of a sudden, Inasa punched himself in the face, hard enough to trigger an enormous trickle of blood from his nose. 'Endeavor!' He declared, striding towards the hero in a very Iida like fashion. 'I'm cheering you on!'

'Thank you. You're bleeding a lot.'

...

Soon, the remnants faded into October. The air became drier, chillier. Occasionally, on extremely windy days, Y/N and Shoto would huddle together and hobble all the way on the short walk to school. On other days, it was relatively warmer, but still the couple would leave their dorms hand in hand, both enjoying the physical contact and the warmth brought by each other.

'It's not that elegant, but calculate the definite integral. L/N, are you paying attention? What's the answer to this equation?' Ectoplasm, after scribbling numbers onto the board, turned around, only to see the said girl not paying attention, but was busy twirling pieces of her hair. 'The answer is 107/28, sir.' She replied, after a moment of hesitation and some hasty scribbling on a spare piece of paper that wasn't her notes. 'Correct.' The teacher sighed. 'Please pay attention next time, L/N. Now, onto the next page.'

After giving a quick apology, the brunette dejected flipped to the next page of her handwritten notes.

'Hey, hey, Y/N, have you seen this?' Just as the silver eyed girl was about to head down to gym gamma with Shoto, Kaminari and Jiro bounced up to them, holding hands. 'No, what?' She turned around, contume tucked neatly under her arm. 'Mt. Lady and Edgeshot have teamed up! Kamui Woods is there, too!'

'Oh, Team Lurkers, right? I think I've heard about them. A lot of heroes are teaming up nowadays, aren't they?' 'Precisely what I said!' The blond yelled, swinging his and Jiro's interlaced hands excitedly. 'Hey, once we graduate, let's team up too!' Mina cried. 'Uraraka, you can make me float, then we can make acid rain!'

'Isn't that kind of cruel?' The auburn haired girl questioned. 'Sero can control me with his tape!' The pink skinned girl proclaimed. 'What are you talking about?' Iida's confused voice drifted into the conversation. 'Koda, Shoji and Jiro will be the scouts. We'll be called, Team Rainy Day!' 'Yeah.' Jiro agreed.

'What about me?' Mineta and Kaminari butted in. 'Don't need you!'

'When you team up, you can't just look at quirks though.' Y/N interrupted, smiling sheepishly. 'You have to look at the compatibility of personalities, too.' 'Everyone, start moving! You'll run out of time to change!' Iida hollered, waving his arm around in the air as he began to leave the classroom.

'Now, let's work on improving your ultimate moves!' Cementoss ordered, the familiar pillars, towers and blocks of cement rising from the flat surface of gym gamma.

Y/N, who still had yet to name her ultimate moves despite having come up with them nearly two months ago, groaned dejectedly as she began tugging at her sleeve, her first instinct whenever someone mentioned ultimate moves. 'If you haven't completed the assignment of having at least two, work on that. If you already have two, work on developing them.'

'Unbreakable!' Kirishima immediately thundered, activating his quirk the first chance he got. 'Rappa, I'll become a man who won't flinch one bit at the sight of someone like you! Bakugo, Sato, Midoriya, please beat me up to your heart's content!' 'People are going to misunderstand!' Sato objected immediately. 'Sorry, I'm working on my own today.' 'Kirishima! Let me shoot my Howitzer!'

Endeavor has like the most character development tbh. He even told Todo that he wanted to be someone that his son can be proud of ahh

Many people think he's a bad character but he's the kind of character I like, especially because of his redemption arc. He's definitely not the best father, but he's trying to make up for his mistakes. Like, genuinely.