Chapter 37

^ The outfit and hairstyle Y/N wears to the mall are the same as the picture above. Hopefully, the girl doesn't bother you guys too much... I couldn't find a suitable blank one. 

I'll also insert a swimsuit picture below, so I'm sorry you guys have to scroll longer to get to the chapter. I don't like cutting off the story just to insert a photo. Please ignore the shoes paired with it. Or, if you want, you can treat it as sandals.

 Or, if you want, you can treat it as sandals

'I guess this is fine.' Shoto grumbled, spinning his girlfriend around to check her outfit from all angles. 'You look nice in that sweater.'

'I know.' Y/N sassed, flipping her hair. 'Don't push your luck. I don't like you hanging out with Kirishima and Kaminari.' The heterochromatic boy warned, snaking his arms around the girl and burying his face into the curve of her neck, inhaling the sweet, faint scent of pine needles. 'Aww, look at that. Someone's jealous.' The silver eyed girl teased, ruffling Shoto's hair. 'Don't worry, Kaminari's taken. As for Kirishima... I ship him with Bakugo.'

'B... Bakugo?' Shoto spluttered in shock. 'Yes.' The brunette nodded proudly. 'I'll be off now, see you tonight.' She smiled, pressing a sweet kiss to his lips. When she pulled away, Shoto was as red as a tomato. 'You've never done that before.' He stuttered, touching his lower lip in awe. Y/N shrugged, grinning cheekily. Turning and leaving, she called, 'I'll see you soon, Sho.'

...

'Hey, Y/N, you made it! We were starting to think you wouldn't come.' Mina waved the girl over. 'Sho didn't let me leave the house unless I covered myself, according to him.' The brunette panted slightly,  her sneakers squeaking slightly as she halted in front of her classmates. 'Aww.' Mina crooned, shooting her friend a sly look. 'He's very protective of you.' Iida noted, glasses flashing. 'Isn't it obvious?' Jiro smirked. 'He likes her.'

'Wow, aren't those UA students?' '1A!' 'Is that... Y/N L/N?' 'I saw them on TV! The sports festival was so good!'

'Um... hi?' Y/N waved awkwardly at the guy who had called her out. He, however, blushed and ran away. 'Did I do something wrong?' The silver eyed girl cocked her head in confusion. 'No, silly. He finds you hot.' Mina giggled, elbowing the baffled girl. 'But... I don't even know him?' The girl echoed blankly, a look of pure bewilderment on her face. 'Besides, I'm not even dressed that fancily.'

Mina sighed. 'Nevermind, we'll just go shopping instead, yes?'

'What are you buying?' Y/N asked Mina curiously as the pink skinned girl looked around her excitedly. 'We're heading to the swimsuit department, of course! We've gotta find a swimsuit for you that's sure to knock Todoroki off his feet.' Before the brunette had time to react, Mina Ashido had dragged her off.

'Mina Ashido, come on, let's go! These swimsuits are all too revealing.' Y/N whined as her friend browsed through the bikini section. 'How are you going to wear that?' The girl ogled incredulously as Mina picked out a baby blue set. 'That barely covers anything!' 'That's the whole point of bikinis, sweetie. Try this one, I'm sure you'll like it. And no, it's not a bikini set.'

Y/N, grumbling, slammed the door of the changing room closed. Once she was inside, she got a better look at the swimsuit Mina had picked out for her. It was an intricate one-piece, with two layers of delicate sash sewn on as a skirt. A black ribbon rested on the hip section of the swimsuit, adding a regal feel to it. 

'Wow.'

'I'm buying it.' Y/N sighed, stepping out of the room. 'I knew it.' Mina snickered. 'That's why I already paid for it. Take it as a gift from me.'

'What?' The silver eyed girl began protesting. 'I can't just do that!' 'Oh, come on.' Mina rolled her eyes, yanking the girl along. 'It's nothing. Besides, I'm sure Todoroki won't be able to resist you afterwards.' Y/N sighed. 'At least let me get you ice cream as a way of thanks.'

...

'Y/N, tell me honestly. What is your relationship with Todoroki? You guys seem way too close even for best friends.' Mina quizzed as she stared at her friend licking her ice cream cone. 'If I tell you, you have to promise not to tell a single soul. At least, not without my permission.' Y/N raised her eyes, making eye contact with the other girl.

'Right.'

'Let's go find somewhere to sit down first.' Y/N suggested, pointing over to an empty table with two seats. Once the girls had settled down, the brunette dropped the bomb.

'Sho and I are engaged.'

'What?' Mina gasped, pausing. Y/N nodded. 'You heard that right. Our fathers arranged the whole thing. It's stupid, really. Both of us were results of quirk marriages, from a family that only desired powerful children. Naturally, they succumbed to their selfish desires and decided to force their children into quirk marriages as well. But since our future is basically written out for us, we might as well just go along with it. At least it's not that bad, I could be engaged to some jerk who doesn't know how to take care of me or something. Besides, Sho and his family are amazing, except his father of course.'

'Endeavor?' Mina questioned with wide eyes. 'Yeah. He sucks, but I should be grateful. He provided me with a place to live and money for me to spend. So I can't exactly complain.' Y/N shrugged, taking a bite out of her cone. 'Y/N! Ashido!' A voice suddenly interrupted them. 'Eijiro?' Y/N cocked her head in confusion. 'Why are you in such a hurry? What's going on?'

'We just gathered. Midoriya's had an encounter with Shigaraki. We couldn't find you two and thought that you guys got captured or something.' Kirishima panted, reaching their table. 'I'll call them now. Oh boy... they're going to be mad.'

'Eijiro! Did you find them?' Momo's voice rang out loud and clear through the phone. 'Yeah, I did.' He replied, holding out the phone to them. 'Y/N L/N! Mina Ashido! You two are absolutely irresponsible! How dare you put us through this much stress! You two come back to the meeting place, right now.' Y/N gulped audibly. 'Uh... sorry.' She mumbled, standing up. 'You better be!' Momo yelled before the device beeped and went flat.

...

'So Midoriya encountered Shigaraki?' Shoto asked as Y/N stood in front of the mirror that night, brushing her hair. 'Yeah. And Mina and I had no idea. They had to literally hunt us down.' Y/N sighed, letting her hair fall loose on her shoulders. 'You should've been more careful.' Shoto grumbled, snaking his arms around the girl. 'I wouldn't forgive him if he did anything to that pretty face of yours.'

Y/N blushed. 'You are such a tease.' She complained, stomping out of the bathroom. 'But I'm your tease, am I not?' He retorted, following closely behind. 'Yes.' The girl groaned, but took his hand. 'I knew it.' A smug voice echoed behind them. Fuyumi rounded the corner, smirking. 'I knew you two were hiding something. So, how long?'

'About one to two weeks.' Y/N mumbled, shuffling her foot. Fuyumi's smirk widened. 'Good job, Shoto.'