Chapter 33

Thank you all so much for 831 reads already! It's been less than a month since I first published chapter 1. In real honesty, I never thought I would get far with this book, but even so, thank you to all you readers who have showered this book with your attention and patience!

'Holy crap! What the heck, Bakugo?' Kirishima and Sero laughed maniacally at their blond friend. 'What's going on?' Y/N walked out into the hall to check out the source of the noise. Her eyes landed on Bakugo with his hair combed back neatly. Frowning, Y/N murmured, 'That's not right. May I?' She asked, pointing a hand at his head. Bakugo grumbled for a bit but eventually agreed. Smiling happily, Y/N ruffled his hair, restoring it to its original state. 'There.' Y/N said with satisfaction. 'Whatever.' Bakugo snapped as Y/N returned to her seat.

'Now, if you wanna talk about those that really changed, it was those four.' Kaminari commented, pointing at Y/N, Shoto, Izuku and Iida. 'Oh yeah! The hero killer!' Sero chimed in, hanging from Bakugo's fist. 'Glad you guys made it back alive, seriously!' Kirishima commented, smiling.

'I worried about you too. Especially you, Y/N.' Momo sighed. 'I'm fine.' Y/N scratched the back of her head, hugging her friend. 'Sorry.' 'You're lucky Endeavor showed up and saved you guys.' Sato spoke up as the class began to gather around them. 'So cool! Just what I'd expect from the number two hero.' Hagakure cried, jumping around. 'It wasn't cool, trust me.' Y/N muttered, lifting up her skirt and showing everyone the stitched wound. 'Half the knife went in.'

The class gasped at the swollen cut. It was a nasty shade of purplish red, standing out glaringly against Y/N's pale skin. 'Did it hurt?' Jiro interrupted, pushing people away to get to her friend. 'Not really. Only after the adrenaline rush.' Y/N explained as she embraced the dark haired girl. 'It's good to see you again, Kyoka.'

'Did you guys hear the news about the Hero Killer?' Ojiro asked, drawing the girls' attention. 'Everyone's been saying he's somehow connected to the league of villains. Can you imagine how frightening it would've been if that creep had been there when they attacked the USJ?'

'He's scary, yeah! But did you see him in that weird video? It's all over the internet.' 'Pikachu!' Y/N's eyes lit up as she got up to hug Kaminari. 'I see you've wisened up!' She teased, ruffling his hair. 'I didn't even know there was a video of him.' Ojiro commented. 'Yeah! Stain's a pretty evil villain, but he's super tenacious. He's almost kinda cool, don't you guys think?'

'Pikachu!' Y/N scolded, smacking the back of his head. 'Oh.' He stuttered, covering his mouth as he realised his mistake. 'Dude-'

'No, it's okay.' Iida replied, lifting his arm. 'You're fine. It is true that he is quite a tenacious villain. I understand why people might think he was cool. But instead of helping the world, his beliefs led him to cold-blooded murder. No matter his motives, killing cannot be condoned. To keep anyone else from suffering like me, well, I promise, I will strive to be the perfect hero!' 

'It's time for class to begin. Everyone, please take your seats!' 'This is your fault for talking about weird stuff.' Jiro chided her boyfriend, shooting him a glare. 'Sorry...' He mumbled as he took his seat. 'I need to keep my mouth shut.'

...

'I am here! Hope you're ready to return to our lessons. Today, it's hero basic training! Feels like I haven't seen you in a while, welcome back! Now then, listen carefully for what's in store. We're going to be conducting a little race. Take everything you've learnt from your internships to this rescue training. 

Iida's hand shot up. 'If it's rescue training, shouldn't we be at the USJ?'

'Ah. That facility specialises in disasters.  As I said earlier, this is a race. So, prepare! You're about to step into field Gamma. Inside is an area full of factories that form an intricate labyrinth, good luck finding your way around. You'll be competing in groups of five, with one group of six. Each person starts from a different location on the outskirts of this makeshift city. I'll be sending a distress signal, and you do what you must to rescue me. Whoever finds me first, wins! But try to keep the property damage to a bare minimum please.' All Might added.