Chapter 58

'So basically you and Katsuki are under house arrest for beating the shit out of each other?' Y/N summarised as she twisted her hair into a braid, all while sitting next to Izuku, whom she had just found out had gotten into trouble the previous night. 'Yeah, that's basically it.' Izuku confirmed, rubbing the base of his neck sheepishly. 'Morning.' A drowsy voice greeted the girl, who turned to see Shoto. 'Morning.' She smiled, handing him a cup of steaming coffee. 'Sleep well?' 

'Not bad.' Shoto replied, accepting the cup and taking a sip from it. The brunette smiled affectionately, ruffling the boy's hair before heading into the kitchen to get herself a drink. 'I think Principal Nezu wanted to speak to all of us.' She commented as she walked from behind the counter, a steaming mug in her hands. 'Wonder what it's about?'

'Principal Nezu wants to speak to all of us?' Jiro slumped out from the elevator, a brush stuck in her hair. 'Yeah, apparently.' Y/N supplied, sipping on her hot chocolate. 'Nice hairstyle, Kyoka.' The brunette commented, tying off her braid and letting it fall over her shoulders. 'Shut up.' Her friend grumbled, sitting down and helping herself to a slice of toast.

...

'Listen up, everyone!' Iida ordered as he waved his arms around. 'Stay in line and get into position! I want to see order!' 'Uh, you're the only one who's not in line.' Sero commented cheekily as he walked past his class rep, who immediately began complaining. 'Oh, the dilemna of a class rep!' He cried, clutching at his head.

'I heard a little rumour about Class 1A.' A familiar, annoying voice pierced Y/N's eardrums. 'Two people! You had two people fail the licensing exam! Losers!' 'Bet you were the only one in your class to fail.' Kirishima commented, earning a crazy laugh from the blond, who clutched desperately at his stomach, even though there was absolutely nothing funny about the situation they were in. 'That wasn't an answer!' The redhead protested indignantly.

'Actually, every one of us passed! We've pulled ahead of you bigshots.' He gloated, making the baffled 1A students reel in shock.

'Alright, I've had it with you.' Y/N growled, stomping toward her arrogant peer aggressively. 'Wait, Y/N!' Kirishima grabbed her, holding her back. The girl wriggled, eyes blazing. 'Let. Me. Go!' She demanded, worming around. 'Eijiro Kirishima!' 'I'm sorry.' Shoto suddenly spoke up, voice low. 'It's my fault.' Immediately, Kirishima forgot all about Y/N and rushed up to the dual haired boy, leaving the girl alone.

'Right.' She snapped, cracking her knuckles, preparing to advance. However, this time she was caught by Iida. 'According to teacher Vlad, we'll be having classes together this semester. Doesn't that sound like it'll be fun?' A petite blonde girl with wide blue eyes and an innocent smile chimed in. 'I'm looking forward to it!'

Monoma bent down and whispered something in her ear. 'Let me go, Tenya Iida!' Y/N shrieked, accidentally bursting a nearby pipe. 'Oh. Oops.' She mumbled sheepishly as Iida finally let her go. 'Isn't she the exchange student?' Mineta blurted out with a blush coating his cheeks as the girl turned back to face the 1A students, proceeding to speak a phrase that baffled Kaminari and Kirishima to no end.

'Stop, you crazy dingus!' Kendo appeared behind a cackling Monoma, karate-chopping him forcefully. 'Hey.' A bored voice rang out. 'We're trying to get through back here.'  'Our apologies!' Iida stuttered. 'Come on everyone, get moving. We're clogging up the hallways.' 'I honestly can't believe how uncool you are.' Shinso remarked as he and some of his peers stalked past. 

'Shinso.' Tokoyami grumbled. 'Oh, right!' Jiro's eyed widened. 'The guy who fought Midoriya at the sports festival.' 'You sure that's the same guy?' Sero questioned. 'Looks like he's bulked up a bit since then.' 'Let's just go.' Y/N sighed, leading her classmates toward the opening ceremony.

'Hi there!' Principal Nezu waved his paw in the air, drawing the attention of all the UA students gathered. 'It's the adorable, small mammal that you all know and love, the principal! You may notice the fur I'm so proud of has deteriorated in quality. I haven't been taking care of it. This is something that can happen to humans, too, even if you eat a balanced diet full of vitamins and minerals. You won't have a mane of luscious locks unless you're getting lots of sleep. That's the secret. Disturbances in your normal resting patterns are terrible for your hair. So if you want to improve you...' As the principal droned on, Y/N, who was standing with her classmates, turned to Shoto. 'Are you okay?' She questioned, taking his hand and giving it an affectionate squeeze.

The boy replied with a curt nod, earning a sympathetic smile from his girlfriend. 'I'm sorry about Monoma's words.' Y/N acknowledged, moving closer to the heterochromatic boy. 'Don't be.' He sighed, interlacing their fingers. 'You couldn't have done anything about it. Besides, it's not your fault.'

'We lost a pillar of hope.' These words brought the two teenagers back to reality. 'The ramifications have appeared faster than I can imagine, and there will likely be more chaos swirling through our worlds in the near future. In particular, this will be most apparent to those of you studying in the Hero Course. You must approach extracurricular activities, like the Hero Work studies available to second and third years, with a greater sense of caution in the curriculum than before. We know that the burden is great upon your young shoulders, but rest assured that the teachers are working hard to take this burden from you. I'd like all of you to learn from their diligence and remember that hard work will help you all develop into heroes, whether Hero Course, Support, Business or General Studies. I don't want any of you to forget that you're the ones who will inherit our society.'

'Now we'll hear from the extracurricular guidance teacher.' Vlad King, the homeroom teacher of Class 1B, announced. 'Please give Mr Hound Dog your attention.'

The teacher, a pro known as Hound Dog, growled as he walked up to the microphone. 'Grr. Yesterday... Grr...' He launched into a series of ferocious barks and howls, terrifying, as well as confusing the UA students. An awkward silence ensued as the Mr Hound Dog walked off, and Vlad King took his place once more.

'Alright. As you just heard, there were students fighting last night. I know you're not used to life in the dorms, but let's all be a little more respectful moving forward.' 'Midoriya and Bakugo were doing well, but now they're being treated as problem children.' Momo whispered worriedly, a hand to her cheek. 'That's it.' Vlad King grumbled. 'Back to the classrooms, starting with the third years.'

...

'Okay.' Aizawa snapped. 'Starting today, we'll be reverting back to our old schedules and trainings. I know a lot has happened recently. However, you need to switch gears and focus on your school duties. We're lecturing today, but this semester you'll be having even harsher training than before. Like to share, Ashido?' He added, glowering at Mina, who squeaked in fear at being caught for whispering in class.

'Eek! His icy stare is back!'

'Excuse me, sir.' Tsu broke the silence. 'May I ask a question? What were the things the principal was talking about during the opening ceremony? Never heard the term Hero Work studies before.'

'I know, right.' Sero butted in. 'That had me pretty confused as well.' 'I also have concerns.' Tokoyami voiced out. 'He said it was something the upper classes participated in, right?' Momo raised her hand.

'I was planning to talk about those at a later date.' Aizawa droned, blinking at the class. 'But, I guess telling you now is more logical.'