Chapter 31

'Around the corner!' A feminine voice echoed, followed by the thudding of footsteps. 'Endeavor told us that there was a request for help here but...' Multiple Pro Heroes gathered in front of Y/N, Shoto and the others. 'Children?' 'Those injuries look bad. I'll call an ambulance right away.' One of them remarked before proceeding to dig out his phone.

'Hey, look!' Someone yelled, pointing to the Hero Killer at Shoto's feet.

The pros gasped. 'Is that... the Hero Killer?' 'What?' 'I'll... get the police on the line.'

'You guys...' Iida broke the silence. Y/N, who was leaning on Shoto slightly for support, turned back. 'Iida?' She cocked her head, making Izuku and Shoto turn back as well. 'You guys got hurt... because of me. I'm truly sorry.' He bowed deeply, the sincerity in his tone obvious. 'I was just so angry, I couldn't... see anything else.' Tears flowed down his face.

Izuku frowned. 'I'm sorry too, Iida. You went through so much by yourself, but I couldn't tell anything was wrong. Even though I'm your friend.' 'Hey, pull yourself together. You're the class rep.' Shoto deadpanned. Y/N's expression softened. 'Come here, you big baby.' She smiled, pulling him in for a hug, though careful not to touch his injuries. 'Anger blinds people. But I'm glad you came out of it.' She soothed, patting him on the back. 'Everyone makes mistakes, you know. At least you did something. All I did was take a knife and I was out the rest of the game.'

'Get down!' Gran Torino suddenly yelled. A monstrous creature with its brain hanging out in broad daylight swooped down on them, managing to get Izuku. 'Is that... a Nomu?' Y/N breathed out in shock. 'I think it is.' Shoto replied, equally shocked.

'The word hero has lost all meaning in society.' A voice snarled. Y/N looked down, dreading the sight before her. 'Where did he go?' She screamed, pointing at the empty ropes. 'The world is overrun by fakes and criminals like you. You must all be purged.' 

'How... what? When?' Y/N stuttered, her gaze whipping from the dead Nomu to the Hero Killer crouching over it. 'Did he have a knife we didn't see? There should be no way he was able to get out!' She cried in confusion.

'Everything that I do,' Stain smiled sinisterly as he twisted his knife around before pulling it out of Nomu's brain. 'Is to create a better society.'

'Everyone be on guard, we've got a fight in our hands.' A female pro yelled. Everyone obeyed, readying themselves, but yet another voice butted in. 'Why are you all standing around like fools? The villain must have flown this way, right?'

'You took care of the rest?' Someone blurted.

'Mostly.' Endeavor answered, surveying the scene before him. 'Things got a little rough at the end. Hold on... don't tell me that man is... Hero Killer!' He suddenly yelled with a crazy gleam in his eyes. 'Wait! Todoroki!' Gran Torino tried to stop Endeavor from acting out any rash decisions. 'You false hero! I'll make this right. These streets... must run with the blood of the hypocrites! Hero... I will reclaim that word!' He stomped towards the pros threateningly. 'Come on! Just try and stop me, you fakes! There is only one man I'll let kill me. He is a true hero.'

'All Might is worthy!'

Stain was just about to launch an attack, but suddenly his knife clattered to the floor. 'What's going on?' Y/N wondered, stepping to the front. 'I think... he's out cold...' Endeavor replied, just as baffled.

...

'Did you sleep, Midoriya?' Shoto asked as he and Y/N sat on one of the hospital beds, Y/N amusing herself by making small dolphin shaped droplets of water leap around in a nearby glass of water. 'No... not really.' Izuku mumbled. 'Thinking about that fight now, we did something pretty amazing.'