Chapter 38

【Flashback to right after the finals】

'Wait, so we're not supposed to take any long term trips over summer vacation?' Ochaco asked. 'Yeah, apparently, that's what the school said.' Jiro replied, arms crossed in front of her. 'No!' Y/N whined, slamming her face into the table. 'I want to go to the beach! I haven't seen the water in months!' 'How unfortunate, I was supposed to spend several weeks touring Venice with my parents.' Momo sighed.

'Aww...' Mina groaned. 'And I just bought like, a new bikini swimsuit.' 'Well, turns out, that's what happens when your class is attacked by the League of Villains.' Jiro tried to make the distraught girls feel better, but Mina and Y/N only began complaining louder. 'I need to visit the beach!' Y/N cried, grabbing at her hair. 'But I wanna do something! I don't wanna spend my whole summer doing nothing!'

'I've got it! Why don't we hang out at the school pool over summer vacation, huh?' Hagakure suggested. 'Good idea!' Tsuyu agreed. 'I bet we can talk the teachers into letting us use it if e ask them nicely.' 'Why do you like the beach so much?' Kaminari commented, walking over to the girls. 'My quirk gives me a natural liking for places with water.' Y/N explained, 'And I was looking forward to visiting the beach. I haven't seen the water in months. I mean, a pool works just fine, but a beach is my favourite, if you know what I mean.'

'Plus, it'll be free, so we can save money!' Ochaco smiled.

【Present time】

'Are you ready?' Y/N nagged as she bounced around in Shoto's room excitedly. 'Oh man, I haven't seen water in months, I can't wait! I know it's not the beach, but it'll have to do. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see Yao and Jiro as well! Please hurry up...' The brunette rushed out in one breath, cheeks flushed from the lack of breath.

'I'm ready.' Shoto grumbled, shouldering his bag and handing Y/N hers.

'The water's so pretty!' Y/N squealed immediately when they arrived. As soon as she'd changed, the girl dove into the water, splashing around happily. 'This feels so good!' She cried blissfully as she looked up at Shoto. 'You should come join me!' She smiled widely, brown hair still completely dry. 'Why is your hair dry?' Kirishima questioned, walking up the pair. 'I don't get wet.'

'Then how do you shower?' The boys questioned, baffled. Y/N sweatdropped. 'Unless I want to.' She finished, facepalming.

'This wasn't the plan!' Mineta suddenly yelled. 'What plan?' Y/N cocking her head curiously as she swam up to him. 'N... nothing.' Mineta stuttered, scrambling away. 'Did I traumatise him that much last time?' Y/N wondered as she was joined by Jiro and Momo. 'You probably did. You literally barged into the boys' locker room just to yell at him.' Jiro sniggered, staring at Mineta's figure running away. 'He deserved it though. I could yell at him for ages.' Y/N smiled, hooking arms with her friends. 'Let's go play water volley.' Jiro suggested, catching a ball thrown by Tsuyu.

'All right!' Y/N cheered, accidentally splashing everyone with water. 'Sorry...' She apologised sheepishly, blushing. 'But I'm going to beat you guys.'

...

'Alright, let's take a fifteen minute breather.' Iida announced, stopping everyone's activities. 'Already?' Y/N whined, throwing the ball at Iida's face. 'I was just getting warmed up!' 'I brought these for everyone though.' Iida opened a small freezer, revealing cans of orange juice. 'Please, drink up!'

Most people left the pool, except for Y/N and Tsuyu. 'The water is great.' Y/N sighed in satisfaction, letting herself float, her brown hair a mushroom cloud around her. 'Ribbit.' Tsuyu agreed as they both accepted cans of orange juice held out to them by Shoto and Momo.

'Let's continue.' Y/N smirked once they had finished their drinks. 

'Hey, everyone! I propose that we compete to see which one of the boys can swim fifty metres the fastest.' Iida suggested. Hearing this, Y/N skipped over to the boys. 'Can the girls join?' She asked, smiling sweetly. 'Of course.' Iida nodded. 'And quirks?' Ojiro questioned. 'Can we use them?'

'We are at school, so it shouldn't be a problem.' Iida consented. 'However, you cannot cause damage to your classmates or the building.'

'Um... can I stay out of this?' Momo spoke up. 'Swimming's not exactly my strength, and I don't want to lose badly, so...'

'You could be the referee.' Y/N proposed, threading a hand through her now sopping wet brown hair. 'Anyone got a spare rubber band?' 'Here.' Kirishima handed her one, earning a weird glance from the silver eyed girl. 'Why do you have rubber bands with you?' The redhead blushed. 'My hair gets a bit hard to handle sometimes, so I just tie it up.'

'The boys will swim first, how does that sound?' Mineta, who was eager to show off, suggested. 'Fine by us.' Y/N shrugged, tying her hair up into a messy bun.

'Ready, get set... beep!' The boys in the first group except for Bakugo dove into the water. Bakugo used his explosions to catapult him across the pool. 'He didn't even touch the water! That's not swimming at all!' Y/N complained, glaring at the ash blond.

The second group. Todoroki, Sero and Aoyama went. Neither of them touched the water, pissing Y/N off to no end. 

Then the third group. 'You too, Iida?'

'You guys literally don't know what swimming is!'  Y/N screeched, waving her arms in the air. 'Bet you can't beat that, Aquagirl.' Bakugo snapped, firing an explosion in an attempt to scare the girl. 'Oh, I'm sure I will.' Y/N smirked, gathering the girls and positioned them in each lane.

Y/N, whose quirk granted her the advantage of speed underwater, completed the swim in two seconds. 'You forget, Bakugo.' The brunette called as she got out of the pool, 'That my quirk is water-based, which gives me plenty of advantages in water.' All the guys were gaping. 'Wow, she's even faster than Iida!' 'Impressive.' A voice behind her spoke. Turning, Y/N saw Shoto. 'Thanks! You weren't too bad yourself.' She complimented, hugging him.

'It's time for the final race. L/N, Todoroki, Bakugo, Midoriya, as winners of each team, you'll fight for first place. Understand?' 'Got it.' Izuku replied, 'Yes.' 'Listen up, Scarface. Don't you dare hold back like you did in the festival.' Bakugo threatened. 'Bring everything you've got!' 

'Why are we on this again?' Y/N sighed.

'Both of you too! Fight to win!'

'And the fifty metre freestyle final race will begin!' Iida announced, 'Ready, get set... beep!'

But they all face planted into the water. Y/N got up, spluttering and coughing as she wrung out her hair. 'Why can't I breathe in the water?' She asked, baffled. 'It's five pm. Your authorised pool time is officially over. Hurry up and go home.'

'Come on, just one second!' 'We were finally getting to the good part!' Y/N's classmates protested as Aizawa walked into the pool compound. 'Are you questioning me?' Aizawa demanded, using his quirk to appear more threatening. 'Not at all, Mr Aizawa!' The class immediately stuttered, all making a big show of picking up their things and sorting out the pool.

...

'Man, I was just going to kick Bakugo's ass!' Y/N whined as she set for home with Shoto. 'But on the bright side, you did have fun today, didn't you?' Shoto smiled as he intertwined their fingers. 'Yeah, I did.' The brunette's eyes lit up excitedly. 'Watching Mineta try and show off but fail badly was entertaining.'

'Can we cuddle tonight?' 

This chapter was more of a transition chapter, so I'm sorry it's boring.