Chapter 12

A traditional Japanese bed is called a futon... right?

'I'm sorry.' Y/N smiled tearfully at the three siblings in front of her. 'You must hate me now.'

'Y/N, don't be stupid. You were there for me when no one was. You were the one who made me laugh and smile. I couldn't hate you even if I wanted to.' Shoto enveloped the girl in a warm hug, softly stroking her tresses.

The brunette broke down crying at this action, tears rolling thickly down her face. 'I'm... sorry...' She cried. 'It's too much pressure for me... I've never even... thought about telling anyone.' She sniffled, drying her tears. 'I'm sorry for bothering you guys with my pity party.' She laughed dryly, wiping the last of her tears away. 'Let's get back to training.'

...

By the time they were done, it was ten at night. Y/N was tired, but she had a fruitful training session. She was now able to create a platform, sturdy enough to support herself and stand on. And she could maintain it for a fair number of seconds. She was definitely better at controlling her quirk and had breached her limits further, allowing her to remain at full power for at least fifteen minutes longer. It wasn't a big difference, but it was progress nevertheless.

'Y/N, will you be staying the night? It's quite late, you know.' Fuyumi asked as Y/N walked into the living room in one of Shoto's hoodies and a pair of sweatpants. 'It's fine, I'll be leaving now. I apologise for being such a burden.' She bowed hastily before collecting her bag. 'Oh, no you don't. You, young lady, are staying at our house tonight. You are not going home at this time of the night. Absolutely not.' Shoto barged into the living room and blocked off the exit. 'Sho, let me go. I've already bothered you and your family enough.' Y/N sighed, looking down at the floor. 'You are staying. I've already called your father, he agrees that it's safer for you to stay over tonight.'

'H... how did you get my father's number?' Y/N stuttered in shock. 'I have my ways.' He deadpanned before dragging Y/N up to his room squealing and flailing, not noticing the wink that Fuyumi gave him. 

'I did not appreciate how you literally kidnapped me.' Y/N crossed her arms and glared at her friend as he locked the door. 'I did not.' He muttered, sitting on the futon laid neatly on the tatami mats. 'Did too.' Y/N huffed, joining him. 'Did not.'

'Did too.'

'Did not.'

'Did-' A voice sounded through the house. 'Was someone here?' A look of panic flashed through Shoto's face. He picked up Y/N and shoved her into a closet, ignoring the muffled sound of protest that she made. 'A loud knock echoed on Shoto's door. 'Son.' Endeavor's voice rang out. 'Coming.' Shoto's tone immediately changed from soft to angry and guarded. He unlocked the door with a click and swung it open, huffing. 'What the hell do you want?' He snapped, eyes dark and dangerous. 

'The sports festival is coming up soon. You better be training harder. Since I have free time now, change and meet me at the training ground.' 'Fine. Asshole.' Shoto slammed the door shut so hard the fragile windows rattled.

'Stay in my room, Y/N. I'll tell Fuyumi to come up and keep you company.' He instructed a fuming Y/N. 'I hate his mere voice.' Y/N growled. 'Me too.' Shoto agreed, sighing. 'But I can't do anything about it.'

'Stay safe, Shoto. Please return as soon as possible,' Y/N whispered, taking both of his hands and pecking his cheek gently. 'I'll make sure of that.' Shoto turned and headed out of his room.

Minutes later, Fuyumi entered the room to see a sulking Y/N, sitting on Shoto's bed and rather lost in thought. She closed the door softly, jolting the young girl out of her own world. 'Hey, Fuyumi.' The brunette smiled, unconsciously fingering the end of the hoodie she was wearing as she stared blankly out of the window at Shoto's tiny figure.