Chapter 71

With one last, desperate glance at Nighteye's unmoving body and Izuku's determined figure, Y/N forced her self to move, her tears dripping along the concrete as she held Eri's hand, while a wave trailed after them, with Mirio laid on it, looking like some kind of bizarre chair. 

'Someone is about to die because of you!' An eerie voice suddenly sounded. 'Is that what you want?' Eri froze and gave Y/N a terrified glance, tears of pure fear leaking out of her eyes. 'Eri!' 'I... I...' Y/N interrupted her sentence. 'I believe in you.' She smiled sadly, starting to walk. 'Let's go. Whatever you do, just don't go back, okay?'

'I... don't... want that!' The girl declared, gripping onto the brunette's hand as they emerged from the hole.

'No! Y/N! What are you both doing? Stay with Lemillion!' 'Eri...' The voice sounded again. 'Do you really think he can do anything in this situation by himself?' 'No, I don't...' Eri lowered her head. 'Then, what should you do?'

'Go back!' Eri stuttered, letting go of Y/N's hand and walking forward, ignoring the girl's attempts to grab for her. 'In exchange, put everyone back the way they were!' 'That's right!' Chisaki thundered. 'It's easier to hurt yourself than to have others get hurt for you, huh? The faint hope that has budded with Lemillion has been smashed. Have you realised? That you're acting in the cruellest way possible to Eri. She doesn't want you.'

'Even if that's the case, even if you don't want my help, you're crying, aren't you? I won't let anyone die! I'll save you!' Just then, a strong gust of wind tore through. When the dust cleared, Ryukyu, in her dragon form, was seen tackling the big guy from outside, conveniently trapping Chisaki underneath.

The ground erupted in the blink of an eye, flinging Eri and Y/N into the air. 'Everything's messed up. You pieces of garbage!' Chisaki emerged standing on a slab of rock, rising higher and higher towards the hole in the ceiling... with Eri in his evil grip. 'I won't let you!' Izuku cried, lunging after them, while Y/N managed to land safely next to Ochaco and Tsu, and could only glance helplessly as their enemy neared victory.

But then, Eri reached for Lemillion's cloak fluttering in the wind, a golden flash bursting out of her small horn. Kai Chisaki and his underling separated into two, just as the young girl's fist made contact with the red fabric, then leapt towards Izuku's open arms with her precious piece of clothing in tow, flapping in the wind as she fell gently into the boy's arms, a gentle, cool wave enveloping them the next minute and bringing them towards the surface while Chisaki fell towards the ground.

They could see Ryukyu protecting everyone with her large body, yet one stood away from the rest. Y/N. With pieces of her costume shredded, covered in bruises and scratches from her underground adventures. Locks of her hair chopped off unevenly, flying around in the wind. Yet her eyes, her eyes were the same.

The pair of orbs that shone with determination, love and empathy. The pair of eyes screaming silently at Izuku to get Eri to safety. 

'He'll... head to the surface in pursuit of Eri and Midoriya. Then... he'll kill him.' Nighteye whispered, gaining Y/N's attention. Ochaco attempted to chase after him, but yet her stamina and endurance couldn't match her will. 'With the shape you're all in, you couldn't beat him if you tried.' Nighteye continued.

'We can't just do nothing!' Ochaco protested.

'Froppy, Yui... Mirio should be beyond that hole in the wall. Help him. Uravity, Ryukyu, take me... head to the surface with me!'

'We finally found you guys!' Y/N grumbled, running towards Tamaki and Mirio. 'Let's get you guys out of here.' She stated, bringing out a wave, which swept up her injured upperclassmen and hovered behind the brunette. 'Tsu, you help Eraser.'  'Ribbit!' As soon as they had apprehended the villain, Tsuyu began dragging Aizawa, while Y/N walked, occasionally stumbling on a piece of rubble.

'What's that golden flash?' The silver eyed girl questioned, seeing the continuous streaks of gold, flashing through the air like lightning. She squinted, trying to get a clearer look through the brightness, before locating two figures in the middle of it. 'Is it... Eri's quirk?' But then, it died down. Y/N looked to her left, noticing Aizawa's hair slowly floating down, back onto his shoulders. 'It's over...' Ochaco panted, crawling towards her friends.

'Is it?' Tamaki murmured, glancing to the side at an unconscious Mirio.

'We have a large number who are seriously injured!' Ryukyu proclaimed. 'Call as many ambulances as you can! Hurry! Go check to make sure we didn't miss any victims. The League of Villains may be nearby. Go look for them!' The heroine ordered, her hands flying around as she pointed at different people.

'Y/N!' Izuku suddenly called, jogging towards her with a worried expression, then passed Eri to her. 'She started getting feverish after Mr Aizawa erased her quirk.' The girl frowned, inspecting Eri's flushed cheeks. Then, gently, she placed her hand on the young girl's forehead, cool water collected between her fingers. 'We'll take her to the hospital for now.' She called after the departing boy, delicately handing the sleeping girl to a nearby policeman.

'Y/N! Can you still move?' Nejire came barreling up to the younger girl. 'Wanna join me and inspect the damage?' 'Yeah, give me a moment.' Y/N replied, sending a smile in the blue haired girl's direction. 'Let me send these two off first.' She gestured at Tamaki and Mirio, who were being lowered onto stretchers.

'Hey, hey, you know what? Half of that was thanks to Deku.' Nejire called, descending from the sky, with Y/N jumping down from a platform next to her. 'I was exhausted and about to fall over, but then I saw. He sent the huge Chisaki flying into the air, and then slammed him down back near the big hole. He fought trying not to damage more than he needed to. That's hard when they're huge!'

...

'Kai Chisaki, arrested for the abduction and confinement of a young girl, is the young head of the designated villain group, Shie Hassaikai. As police were transporting him, they were attacked by the League of Villains. During this incident, Sand Hero: Snatch, who was there as back up for the escort, was killed. There were also a number of police officers injured. This attack on transport is an unprecedented failure...'

'That's all they've been reporting about since yesterday.' Y/N mumbled, toying with the hem of her skirt as she typed furiously away on her phone. 'Good morning, Izuku. How are you?' She looked up at the sound of footsteps. 'I'm fine.' Izuku smiled forcibly, though his eyes were full of anguish. 'You probably feel the worst.' The silver eyed girl sighed, setting her phone aside. 'But you should smile, you know? The bravest people in the world are those who smile. At least, that's what I think.'

'What got you in such a good mood?' The green haired boy questioned.

'I know I shouldn't be in such a smiley state, given Nighteye's... passing...' Her eyes clouded over. 'And everyone else's injuries... Togata's loss of his quirk... but Shoto's going to take me out on a date next Sunday!' She grinned, closing her eyes. 'And it makes me happy knowing he's fine and uninjured.' 'Please do not speak of these things in my presence.' Aizawa complained, glaring half heartedly at his students.

'I'll go first, okay? See you, Izuku. See you, Eraser.' She waved, hoisting her bag over her shoulders and trudged out of the room. 'Y/N L/N.' Two policemen called as soon as she stepped out of the hospital, catching the girl's attention. 'Sorry to bother you right after your discharge from the hospital, but we'd like you to come with us to the station to answer some questions about the Shie Hassaikai incident.' Y/N groaned softly. 'I understand, officer.' She sighed, following them into the police car.

'Do you happen to know where Izuku Midoriya and Eijiro Kirishima are?' The dark haired officer quizzed as soon as she loaded herself inside. 'They should be here soon.' She replied, fiddling with a button on her grey blazer.

'Guess it'll take even longer to get back to school.' The silver eyed girl lamented, staring rather dejectedly out of the window.