Chapter 73

'You failures who were culled out by that easy exam!'

Y/N observed quietly with mild interest as Gang Orca rambled on, disciplining the students for no apparent reason. 'Far from being heroes, you lot are lower than the ocean bottom dwellers!' The hero yelled. 'You're goby fish turds!' 'What the heck?' Present Mic, who was sitting beside the brunette, sweatdropped. 'He's scary.'

'Especially you!' Gang Orca proceeded to yell at Bakugo. 'Do you even want to be a hero?' 

Y/N snorted as Bakugo started. 'First of all, I'm not a turd.' 'Disciplinary action!'

'How can turds save the mighty humans?' Gang Orca turned to Shoto. 'Indirectly through fertiliser and-' 'Disciplinary action!'

'Can people be praised for just combat ability and mobility?' 'Sir, yes!' 'Disciplinary action!' '... sir..!'

'I know that the three of you have enough combat ability. But that's all you have. Foolish behaviour, like being disrespectful to those needing rescue and ignoring the situation around you while competing stubbornly. Today, we will put you through a special trial. What you lot are missing... in other words, heart! Will anyone take hold of the hand you put out? No! Even if they bare their fangs at you, if there is a life there, you must save it! To save a be saved- the essence of that is an agreement and understanding between your hearts! Now, conquer this!'

'Through this life or death battle, show that you can come to an understanding with them! That's the trial you face!'

'Wow, a real hero!' A cacophony of raucous, high pitched cheers erupted as the doors were flung open. Tons of kids burst through and promptly began assaulting the assembled teenagers. 'They're from Masegaki Public Elementary School. Ma'am, we will take responsibility for these children.' 'Where's the battle?' Bakugo hollered angrily as kids jumped on him.

'Hey, what's this? What's this? What's this, what's this, a wee-wee?' A child blurted, toying with the canisters on Shoto's belt. 'Oh, this is-' 'A wee-wee! A wee-wee! A wee-wee!' 'This is not a wee-wee.' Shoto protested, pulling open one of them. This is first aid treatment for when relief doesn't arrive in time-' 'Boring.' The kids grumbled, while another leapt at the dual haired boy, successfully tackling him to the ground. 'It's a wee-wee, right?'

'You're a hero with five wee-wees, Five Wees, right?' The younger kids cheered enthusiastically, making Y/N, up in the spectators stand, laugh and clap. 'That's a really great name.' A sly grin slid onto her face. 'I'm gonna tease him about this afterwards.'

'I'll have the four of you work together and grasp the hearts of the kids in this class.' 'Are you telling us to be nursery school teachers?' 'Now! The rest of you will have a lecture after your practical exercises with my employees, as usual! Attention!' Gang Orca blatantly ignored a ticked off Bakugo, choosing to order the others around instead.

...

'My MC spirit has reached its limit!' Present Mic suddenly declared, shouting at Y/N next to him. The girl gave him a wary glance, then scooted further away from him. 'Background music and live reporting! Without them, there is no soul in an event!' In a flash, he had yanked his student along, and both of them landed smack in the centre of attention. 'Now, let's get this party started, underachievers! Yeah!'

'I am most certainly not an underachiever.' Y/N crossed her arms, glaring at her teacher. 'Uh, except you then. The battle between the future heroes and the rugrats have began!'

'Give that back!' Bakugo bellowed angrily at two kids who had his gauntlets. 'That's not a toy for kids!' The two children, however, ran up to Y/N and threw it at her. The girl caught them, then gave the kids a small smile. 'For me?' She questioned, tucking the objects under an arm as she patted the children on the head as they nodded eagerly. 'Thank you.' She sat down, then called, 'Katsuki, I'm keeping this for you, okay?'

'Now, Team Goby looks like they don't know what they're supposed to do! What should they be doing? What would you like out of this, Ma'am?' 'Well...' The tearful woman spoke. 'The early elementary school years are an important time for building character. Because the difference in quirks has a big effect, we offer counselling to support healthy emotional development, but counselling is not a cure-all. The children of this class have closed their hearts to us. I understand that this is my responsibility. But, if interacting with you all, working so hard to achieve your dreams, will help them remember their honest feelings...'

'Oh, you're already being crass, Bakugo!' Present Mic commented, practically tearing Y/N's ears off because of the loud volume. 'Now, how will UA's ammunition depot handle this?' The silver eyed girl, cautiously removing her hands from her ears, studied Bakugo curiously. The blond had gathered the four hero students, and was now stating something with his finger lifted in a matter of factly position.

'Now, whoever's the strongest, come out! Fight me! Fight me, L/N!'

The girl pointed at herself in confusion. 'Me? What have I got to do with any of this?' 'Such an outdated, violent way of thinking...' A boy leaning against the wall lamented, a taunting grin plastered all over his little face. 'You're giving yourself away.'

'He's given himself away!' Present Mic echoed loudly like a parakeet. 'Enough already! Just come out!' The blond growled, small sparks flying around in his palms. 'Um, it might be impertinent to say this, but will it really be alright?' The teacher, who had dried her tears, turned to Present Mic. 'Don't worry. This is the side show.' The hero reassured, a dopey beam adorning his features.

Y/N, meanwhile, was not paying much attention. Instead, she had toyed around with her quirk again and was currently watching a few liquid ducks waddle around in front of her. Inasa was desperately trying to put in his opinion, while Camie was blurting about how delinquents were unattractive, and Bakugo was honestly just losing his head. Shoto, on the other hand, much like Y/N, was completely silent. 'Who wants to be a hero?' Inasa's hand shot up into the air. 'The second try is the kid from Shiketsu!' The children, hearing this, immediately began chiming in their remarks simultaneously.

'Me!'

'Me too!'

'I'm super strong!'

'Really?' The teenager swooped down and scooped two kids into his arms. 'I wanna be a hero, too! Doesn't heat and passion just make your blood boil?' 'I don't really know what he's talking about, but it seems pretty good!'

OMG

100K?? YOU GUYS ARE INSANE

WORDS CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE HOW THANKFUL I AM

And also as a 100k special, I'll be doing a QnA. If you have anything you want to know about me, you could drop me a DM or a comment here. But please do note that I won't answer those that are too personal :) I'll consolidate everything and post it along with the next chapter

Once again, thank you so much!! <33