Chapter 45

'Everything's fine.' Iida sighed in relief. 'The heroes were on top of this way before we were.' 'This is great!' Kirishima cried, smiling. 'Now, let's get back home. At least we don't have to explain ourselves.'

'It sounded like All Might's somewhere else. Does that mean he's rescued Kacchan?' 'If All Might's at the scene then we have absolutely no reason to worry.' Y/N commented, running a hand through her dishevelled hair. 'Come on, let's go.'

Suddenly, an explosion rang through the air.

When the smoke cleared, the six teenagers lay on the floor, huddled into a heap. Eerie clapping echoed in the silence. Y/N could hear someone speaking faintly, but no one in their group could make out the words. 'Are... the pros defeated?' The brunette mumbled from under the heap of her classmates lying on her. 'Sounds like it.' Someone replied, voice muffled.

'We need to escape!' Momo hissed, extracting herself from the pile of teenagers and then helping up her peers. 'What do we do now? What's going on?' Y/N wondered, feeling the warmth of someone taking her hand. She smiled at Shoto gratefully, to which he nodded in response.

'My body won't move.' Izuku stuttered as the six terrified teenagers stuck themselves to the wall, trembling. 'I'm scared.' Y/N whimpered, a tear of pure fear leaking out from her eye. Coughs echoed in the air all of a sudden as the group stood still, too afraid to even breathe out loud. 'What the hell?' A familiar voice echoed in the silence.

'Bakugo!' 

More talking resumed. 'The rest of the League are here.' The six teens realised, pressing themselves against the wall desperately, each one praying to just melt into the cement. Izuku seemed to want to step forward, but Iida reached over Y/N and Shoto, pushing him to the wall. Continuous streams of uncontrollable tears ran down Y/N's rosy cheeks as her clammy hands gripped Shoto's tightly

A loud blast rang through the air once more. 'I'll have you return my student, All For One.' All Might demanded. 'Have you come to kill me a second time, All Might?' The villain retorted, blocking All Might's sneak attack. The force of this generated another blast of wind so strong that it blew away anyone who was standing near. Kirishima, Izuku, Iida, Shoto, Y/N and Momo were exposed to harsh wind yet again as they hid behind the wall, whimpering and trembling.

'All Might is... overpowered.' Y/N stammered, forcing down her tears. 'They're willing to take Katsuki by force this time. What do we do?' 'Iida, listen!' Izuku whispered.

'We can't fight!' Iida protested. 'I won't let you!' 'No, I think there's another way! A way that won't involve any combat. That'll let us escape with him. Come on! We can still get Kacchan back!' 'Tell us your plan.' Shoto commanded, eyes wide. 'The thing is...' Izuku started. 'It's all going to depend on him. If I did the plan myself, I don't think it would work. So Kirishima, you're the key to this being a success.'

'We need details, Midoriya. Come on!' Shoto stated, turning to the green haired boy. 'Here's what I'm thinking. First, we'll propel ourselves using my quirk, combined with Iida's recipro. Then, using Kirishima's hardening, we'll break through the wall. The second we clear it, Todoroki will make a huge slab of ice for us, as high as he possibly can. Y/N will make the surface as slippery as she can, but not enough to make us go off course or melt the whole thing. The villains haven't noticed us yet. Up until now they've been able to outmanoeuvre us, but we're finally in the position to get the jump on them, and we'll cross the battle field at a height they'll never hope to reach. Right now, the guy in charge is holding All Might back, but that means the reverse is true too.'

'The last part's up to you, Kirishima. It's no good if I do it. Or Todoroki, or Iida, or Yaoyorozu. Or even Y/N. Ever since school started, you've built a solid relationship with Kacchan and as equals. If his friend calls to him, he'll listen.'

'Are you out of your mind?' Iida questioned incredulously.

'Kacchan will have realised the situation that All Might's in.' Izuku protested, beseeching his peers. 'I agree.' Shoto sighed. 'He's staying on the defensive with his enemies, keeping his distance. That's good for us. We have to move when he's got some space between him and the villains.'

'Iida?' Momo stuttered. 'It is a gamble.' Iida stroked his chin. 'But all things considered, there's not much risk to us. More importantly, it could change the tide of this fight. I'm in.'

A moment later, the trio was skating their way up the ice Shoto had created. Having completed his task, Shoto had less to worry about, but his girlfriend still had yet to complete her duty. The brunette narrowed her eyes, jerking her wrist upwards. Water was seen dripping down the gigantic icicle, but the job was done. Her three classmates moved relatively faster, shooting into the sky like an extremely odd shaped shooting star.

'Come on!' Kirishima bellowed, thrusting his arm out to Bakugo who was on the ground, still evading the villains. Bakugo stilled for a second. Shigaraki attempted to use this to his advantage and grab the blond, but before he could, a giant explosion catapulted the boy into the sky.

'Just as I thought.' Shoto mused. 'All eyes on them. This is our chance.' 'Let's go!' Momo urged, and the other three of the group ran as fast as they could. But suddenly, Compress shot into the sky. 'What the heck?' Y/N furrowed her eyebrows as she escaped, looking up at the second human comet. 'Titan Cliff!' Mt Lady's figure shot into the shy. Compress crashed into the heroine's nose, flying backwards from the impact, which also resulted in Mr Lady collapsing onto the rubble. 'The rescue is priority.' She mumbled as she fell. 'Go home, you dumb kids.'

...

'Midoriya. Are you four safe?' Shoto spoke through his phone as Y/N and Momo trailed after him, still in shock at what had happened. Izuku's voice mumbled something, but the two girls couldn't make out the words. 'I don't think so. We're on the streets blending with the crowd now.' The heterochromatic boy replied. 'Some pros are here helping people evacuate.'

Y/N gasped sharply all of a sudden. 'Is that... All Might?'

Her outburst caused Momo and Shoto to look up as well. The great symbol of peace, the muscular figure that everyone knew so well, was reduced to a shaggy, frail blond man. Thin and hunched, his baggy costume hanging on him. Hollow cheeks and sunken eyes. He was nothing like the symbol of peace everyone knew. This wasn't the symbol of peace.

Was it?