Chapter 49

In case some of you forgot what the costume looked like ^ Below is what I previously wrote about the edits I made to the picture.

The stomach guard is now much more durable, and she has a new black leather utility belt (Though not shown in photo) that have tubes of potassium powder and a small hunting knife hanging from it. Potassium is a metal which reacts very violently when in contact with water, so Y/N can add some explosive power into her fighting style. She tried fitting a simple first aid into her belt like Todoroki but ultimately decided to fit it on the wristlet on her left wrist instead. They are in the form of tiny canisters hanging like charms but they contain sufficient medicine to treat a fairly large wound.

Her shoes are heels like in the picture, but definitely not so high or so thin. They look something like this but designed the exact same way as the costume above, except not up to the thighs but the knees instead.

 They look something like this but designed the exact same way as the costume above, except not up to the thighs but the knees instead

'You shouldn't feel bad.' Shoto stated, sharp eyes fixed onto Tsu. 'Tsu, listen.' Kirishima grabbed Tsuyu by her shoulders. 'I won't make you sad again.' This triggered more tears to flow continuously down Tsu's cheeks as her classmates huddled around her. 'We promise.'

...

'I couldn't sleep a wink.' Y/N grumbled as she slumped out of her dorm, uniform crumpled and tie messily done up. 'Come here.' Shoto sighed, spinning the brunette around and redoing her tie for her. Right on cue, Mina poked her head from the kitchen. 'Food's read- what are you lovebirds doing?' The pink skinned girl wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, waving her oven mitt around. (Pretty sure you don't need an oven mitt to make waffles but eh)

'Nothing.' Y/N stuttered, waving a hand hastily in Mina's face.

'You know,' Someone's voice chimed in. 'I think it's cute how both of you become so flustered after you start dating when you guys were so comfortable with kissing each other on the cheek. It's not like you have anything to hide, right?' Jiro popped out from around the corner. 'You blush too.' Y/N retorted, flicking the girl's forehead. 'Pikachu makes you blush even more than Sho does.'

'No he doesn't.' Jiro defended herself. However, unfortunately for her, Kaminari decided to walk in at this moment, pecking his girlfriend on the cheek and causing a fiery red blush to coat the girl's cheeks. 'See?' Y/N blurted, ruffling the girl's hair. 'Hmph.' Jiro shoved her friend playfully and stuck her nose in the air.

'Alright, stop fighting. Come and get your waffles before the boys eat them all.' Mina waved at the bickering girls, then pointed at the table where their hungry classmates were busy scarfing down the steaming waffles that she had made. 'Here.' Shoto handed Y/N a plate of waffles, loaded with freshly whipped cream, all sorts of berries and drizzled deliciously with warm, golden maple syrup.

'You trying to make me fat?' Y/N joked, gratefully accepting the plate and digging in eagerly. 'I highly doubt that would happen given the crazy amount of training you do.' Shoto deadpanned, giving the brunette a 'are you serious' look. The girl shrugged, a glob of cream dotted on the tip of her nose as she bit into a strawberry, making a face at the sourness of the fruit.

...

'I believe I've mentioned this already, but your main focus this summer is obtaining Provisional Hero Licenses.' Aizawa lectured, earning a 'Yes, sir!' from the class. 'Do not take this lightly.' He continued, narrowing his eyes at his students. 'A Hero License means that you are responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is extremely difficult. Only fifty percent of students pass the tests required for the permits each year.'

'Is it that hard to get a provisional license?' Mineta stammered, sitting up in his seat. 'In order to prepare, today you'll concentrate on creating something new. Two ultimate moves.' Aizawa glared at Mineta, eyes barely a slit. Just then, the door slid open, and three figures stood in the doorway. Midnight, Ectoplasm and Cementoss.

'Ultimate moves?' The class echoed in excitement. 'It is a normal school thing!' 'This is total hero work!'

'When we say ultimate, we mean a move that will ensure your win against your opponent.' Ectoplasm rumbled, towering over the seated 1A students. 'An action so unique to your identity that no other being could hope to commit.' Cementoss supplied, holding up a hand. 'Simply put, you must lean into your strengths.' 'Your moves represent who you are. These days, pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't? They're fools.' Midnight finished, winking at the stunned teenagers.

'This may sound abstract, but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in gym gamma.' Aizawa ordered, sweeping out of the classroom with the other teachers.

'Wow, Y/N! When did you get that awesome upgrade?' Ochaco exclaimed, pulling at a piece of floaty fabric stitched lovingly into Y/N's costume. The brunette blushed, waving a hand dismissively. 'Hatsume was kind enough to redesign the entire thing. I wasn't expecting it though.' 'It's so cool!' Momo squealed, admiring Y/N's wristlet. 'What's in these small charms?' 'First aid.' Y/N replied, gently taking back the accessory. 'It serves as a wrist guard too.'

'When you girls are done fawning over L/N, I'll begin.' Aizawa snapped, interrupting the girls from their fangirl session. 'Gym Gamma.' He continued. 'Also known at the academy as the training dining land or TDL.' 'This facility was my idea.' Cementoss explained as he created a small cement structure on the floor. 'We can create unique terrains and obstacles for each student here. Here, you will learn to serve up justice, hence the name.'

'Please allow me a question!' Iida suddenly threw his hand into the air, startling the people around him. 'What is the advantage of having ultimate moves in the provisional exam? May we know your reasoning?' He questioned, though it was more like yelling.

'That's two questions.' Aizawa grumbled, fixing Iida with his usual scowl. 'Calm down. The job of a hero is to save people from all sorts of dangers. Crime, accidents, and natural or man-made disasters. Of course, the license exam analyses your ability to deal with such things, it won't just be fighting. Your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will be judged, in addition to how well you communicate, cooperate and lead others. Every year, a new test is used to evaluate these qualities.'

'One thing is especially important.' Midnight stepped forward, holding up a painted finger. 'If you want to be a pro hero, you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared, you won't have to worry, and those of you with ultimate moves will have stronger results.' 'Your circumstances should not dictate the results of your future battles.' Cementoss added. 'Learn to be consistent and you'll be a great asset on the front lines. Your ultimate move doesn't necessarily have to be an attack.'

'Take Iida's recipro-burst for example. This sort of temporary boost in speed is valuable in the sense as it falls into the category of excellent mobility.'

'You mean I've been doing an ultimate move all along?' Iida began trembling violently, honoured that a pro hero had recognised his strength. 'So it's basically our secret weapon.' Sato consolidated, frowning. 'Something that gives us the edge so that we win no matter who or what we're facing.'

'There's a smart boy.' Midnight winked once again as she complimented the boy. 'For example, how Kamui Woods is able to use his lacquer chain prison to capture opponents in an instant. That's exactly what we want to see.' 'The training camp was interrupted, but the practice you did get in to develop your quirk was part of the process needed to create these defining abilities. Now that you're caught up, you'll be able to develop powerful moves of your own for the next ten days or so. This is how you will spend the remainder of your summer vacation. Prepare for intensive training. In addition, you should think about how you could improve on your costumes, especially now that you have a better understanding of your quirks. I expect each of you to go plus ultra.'

'Do you have it in you?'

I'm thinking about starting a fantasy AU Todoroki x reader. Would you guys be interested in it, or should I finish my current 2 ongoing stories first? And what about the oneshot book I mentioned I would publish after this story ended?

Also not sure if it's just me but every single strawberry I eat is sour as heck.