Chapter 68

I feel like I haven't been writing enough scenes between Todoroki and Y/N (。>︿<)_θ

'Hey, Izuku, you're not eating?' Y/N commented, biting into a piece of pork cutlet while giving him a 'stop acting weird' look. 'I am e-eating!' The boy stuttered, hastily shovelling rice into his mouth. 'You've been acting rather gloomy since you started your work study.' Shoto observed, chewing on his noodles. 

'R-really?' Izuku laughed nervously, earning another glare and a smack on the head from the brunette sitting near him. He gulped and flinched, but the girl's eyes softened. 'Look, I know you're worried.' She leant towards him and whispered, taking extra care in making sure her boyfriend and Iida couldn't hear. 'We all are. What Chisaki's doing is simply unethical. But you can't go around acting weird if you want to keep it a secret. You'll make a scene and something will be leaked out.'

'If you ever feel hopeless, be sure to let me know.' Iida thrust out a hand, smiling at the flustered green haired boy. 'We're friends, right? That's what you told me, back when I was being foolish, before the internships.'

A sob forced itself through Izuku.

'Hey!' Iida protested, throwing his arms around in a desperate attempt to calm the boy down. 'Midoriya...' 'Sorry!' Izuku muttered, returning his attention to his food, shoving the rest of it into his mouth. 'I'm okay. It's nothing.' 'We can't tell you, we've been forbidden.' Y/N inclined her head apologetically at Shoto, who gave her a reassuring squeeze on the hand, signalling that it was fine. 'Yeah. But thank you, Iida.'

'Heroes don't cry!' The green eyed boy proceeded to declare, slamming his bowl onto the tabletop.

'No. I think heroes cry when they need to, too.' A soft objection from Shoto made his brunette girlfriend widen her eyes in admiration. 'Do you want half of my soba?' 'You can have half of my beef stew, too!' Iida interrupted, pushing his plate towards his friend. 'If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here, okay?' Shoto gently cupped Y/N's hand, rubbing her knuckles absentmindedly.

'Sure, thank you.' Her short, vague reply made the dual haired boy cast a worried glance at the silver eyed girl, whom he had noticed was fidgeting a lot more recently, and was constantly casting glances out the window with unease. 'I'm sorry if I've been acting distant lately.' Y/N sighed, rubbing her temple in distress. 'I have a lot on my plate right now, it's a little... difficult and very occupying.'

'It's perfectly fine.' Shoto reassured, smiling slightly. 'Don't worry about it.'

Bzzz... bzzz...

An annoying, constant vibration made Y/N jolt up from her sleep. 'Huh?' She blinked owlishly, fumbling with her phone as she squinted at the brightly illuminated screen. 'A message from sir?' Her eyes widened as she yanked her duvet off herself and hastily got dressed, before flying out of the room like a storm, almost leaving the door unlocked.

'Did you all get the message?' Kirishima questioned the brunette, who had forgotten to brush her hair. Her long brown strands were arranged into a cowlick on the right of her head, giving her an extremely unbalanced look. 'Yeah, I did.' She sleepily waved her phone in the redhead's face while yanking her other hand through her hair in a futile attempt to try and neaten it.

Her hair stuck up more.

'The day we move.' Izuku declared, glaring determinedly at his phone.

'Let's do our best, okay?' The silver eyed girl yawned, giving her classmates a half lidded smile, before letting out a sigh.

...

'After Nighteye used Foresight on the Hassaikai member, we discovered the existence of undocumented underground facilities at the head of the Hassaikai's residence. We were able to confirm that the girl we are trying to rescue is being held in one of the rooms there. Although we were unable to uncover the entire underground layout, the path the man took is the shortest route to our target, and it's the best intel we could have for searching the Hassaikai's expansive stronghold. However, even if we head there, if they use their quirks freely on us, it would make the search difficult.'

'So, we have made a list to the best of our knowledge of quirks registered to Hassaikai members. Please memorise this list. We don't want to give them time to hide, so we want to identify and apprehend the members as quickly as possible.'

'Things are moving fast now, huh?' Kirishima suddenly turned around, yelling at Y/N who had just finished putting her hair into a thick braid to prevent it from getting in the way. 'You're energetic for how early it is.' Tamaki commented, pulling his hood over his face. 'It sure is moving fast.' The brunette smiled, patting the redhead's shoulder lightly.

'All the pros are so calm... is it because they're used to this?'

Y/N giggled. 'Probably. You seem pretty fired up, Kiri.'

'Heroes!' Before her friend could reply, the police interrupted. 'Things may get a little violent. If you see even a hint of suspicion or resistance, please deal with it immediately!' 'Tamaki, eat this.' Fatgum suddenly produced a small packet, handing it to Tamaki. 'It's swordfish.' 'Why swordfish..?' The indigo haired boy questioned, glancing at the silver packet skeptically. 'Thanks though. I'll be sure to eat it.'

'We're up against gangsters who have survived until now.' The policeman called out, gaining everyone's attention once more. 'Don't let your guard down and carry out your respective tasks. We will commence the operation at 8:30! All hands, move out!'

...

'Once they've read the warrant, charge in! I'm counting on everyone to move swiftly.'

Suddenly, a large figure busted out of the house. 'The heck?' Y/N frowned, creating a wall of water to shield herself. 'What do you want?' The muscular figure boomed, glowering at every single one of the people gathered. 'Bringing all these people so early in the morning... I feel... a little more awake now. Jeez...'

'Get back!' Ryukyu ordered, thrusting out a hand. At the same time, the person who had charged out of the building bellowed, 'What do you people want?' In a split second, a dragon had countered him. 'Anyway, we shouldn't split up our forces here.' The dragon, which had previously been Ryukyu, continued. 'Ryukyu agency will take care of him. The rest of you go now, while you still have the chance!'

'Alright, everyone get in, hurry, hurry!' Fatgum hollered, ushering Kirishima and Y/N into the traditional Japanese house. 'Kiri, let's go!' Y/N fist-bumped her friend, who then grinned at her in determination. 'It's an emergency!' The two teenager's mentor cried. 'Excuse us for not taking off our shoes!'

'Fatgum really does have a way of lightening up the mood, doesn't he?' The silver eyed girl remarked as she and Kirishima ran alongside each other on aqua platforms Y/N had created. 'He sure does.' The boy replied. 'Chisaki and the top brass haven't shown themselves yet. They're probably underground getting ready to hide or flee right now.'

'That's not loyalty!' Y/N protested, narrowing her eyes. 'Forcing their henchmen to take responsibility and running away themselves isn't manly!' Kirishima continued, agreeing with the girl's point. 'It's here.' Nighteye interrupted, and the stampeding heroes and heroes in training came to a halt. Y/N and Kirishima were placed back onto the ground gently by a wave of water.                             

'There's a device here to open a hidden passage. By holding down these wooden boards in a specific order... it'll open.' Nighteye got to his feet, staring at the wall that was sliding open noiselessly, the lack of sound making it rather eerie. 'Be careful of quirks we haven't seen yet.' Centipeder warned. Just as the tunnel exposed itself fully, three thugs threw themselves out into the hallway.

'How dare you?' 'You bastards!' 'Bubble girl!' Within seconds, the sidekicks from Nighteye's agency had taken care of them. 'I'll make them stay here and not go anywhere else.' Bubble girl proposed. 'Please go on ahead.' 

'I'll join you guys soon after!' She called as the remaining people in the group charged on ahead. 'We're almost there.' Nighteye stated. 'Hurry!' Instead, they ran into a dead end. 'I'll go ahead and take a look.' Mirio volunteered, taking off his helmet and running towards the wall. He stuck his head through, before withdrawing and deducing, 'It's only been cut off by a wall! But it's a pretty thick wall.'

'It's like telling us he'll be in trouble if we go this way.' Izuku commented, to which Kirishima snarled, 'Yeah. Good luck to him if he thinks that he can stop us!'

Y/N's jaw dropped.

So... I managed to free up my schedule and I was able to finish this chapter and give you guys an actual update. All of my chapters contain an approximate of 1.2k words, so I'm sorry about the previous update, which was barely 900 words.