Chapter 46

We don't know the exact day the teachers arrived to convince the parents about the dorm, so I just made a wild assumption. 

'Are you serious?' A voice extremely familiar to Shoto and Y/N made them both widen their eyes in recognition. 'What the hell is going on with that weak little body?' Endeavor demanded, planting his foot dramatically as he arrived along with Edgeshot. 'Looks like we made it in time.' The other pro commented, landing in a heroic pose. 'Tsukauchi must have expected this. He feared for his friend's life.'

'Stand up and show the world you're better!' Endeavor yelled at the weakened All Might. Following his example, the rest of the gathered heroes began to offer their support. 'You're still their symbol of peace!' They urged, all while rescuing other unconscious heroes like Mt Lady.

All Might delivered a final punch so strong, it churned the air into a whirlwind that blew all the bystanding heroes away, the power of it to the extent at which it blew the helicopter hovering above the scene off course. When the wind settled down and the smoke cleared, All Might was seen crouching over a defeated All For One.

'All Might... wins! The villain's not moving!'

...

'Hey.' Y/N smiled awkwardly as Iida, Izuku, Shoto, Momo and Kirishima met up with Bakugo. 'Hey...' Momo replied halfheartedly, giving her friend a small wave. The ambience around the teenagers was heavy and solemn, hanging in the air like a rain cloud over their heads. Kirishima, Iida and Izuku nodded in acknowledgement, and no more words were spoken as the six UA students walked their friend to the police station before going home. The journey was silent, eerie, and strange. To see the normally rambunctious Bakugo and the cheerful Y/N keep their mouths shut was indeed a peculiar sight.

'I hope he's fine.' Y/N sighed, glancing up at the sky, which was painted a pretty shade of cornflower blue. Fluffy clouds hung in the air, contrasting beautifully with the sky. 'Life's so unfair.' Shoto had no reply, but took the girl's hand to comfort her. 'All Might ended his career. Just like that. Now we don't have a symbol of peace anymore.'

'But you'll always have me.' Shoto commented, pulling the brunette closer to him. Y/N blushed, shoving at the boy. 'Why are you like this?' She complained, hiding her face. Shoto chuckled, pinching the silver eyed girl's cheeks. 'You're too cute.' 'H... hey!' The girl protested, revealing her tomato-red face.

The heterochromatic boy laughed. 'Let's go home.'

...

'There you are, Shoto, Y/N! I was afraid something had happened to both of you. After you guys visited mum, you stopped responding to my messages, so what was I supposed to think?' Fuyumi cried as soon as the two teenagers stepped into the house.

'I'm sorry, sis.' Shoto sighed, while Y/N mumbled a quiet apology. Suddenly, a crash echoed through the house. 'What the heck?' Y/N questioned, glancing at where the sound had issued from. 'He's been like that ever since he came home.' Fuyumi smiled nervously. 'Feel free to go say hi.' 

'Does that mean... Endeavor is the number one hero now?' Y/N quizzed as they both headed toward the training room. 'I guess so.' Shoto shrugged, peeking through the slightly open doors. The sight made Y/N reel back in shock. The room had been burnt to a crisp, and Endeavor sat in the middle, grumbling to himself. 'I don't accept it. Not like this. I should have earned it myself, not by him failing!' 

Shoto tugged softly on Y/N's sleeve, signalling that they should leave him alone for the time being. The girl nodded, putting out a small flame inching towards her before scurrying away hastily up to Shoto's room, not wanting the flame hero to take out his wrath upon her.

Ring! Y/N's phone distracted the couple from their daydreaming. 'Hello, Kyoka?' Y/N greeted, looking over at the boy next to her. 'Do you mind if I put her on speaker?' Shoto shook his head no, so the brunette clicked the button. 'Y/N! Do you know UA's going to put us into dorms?' 'What?' Y/N dropped her phone in shock. 'How come I didn't know?'

'Y/N! Papa's here!' Riku's voice suddenly interrupted, before the door opened and the said person stuck his head in. 'Ever heard of knocking?' Y/N deadpanned, picking up her device. 'Sorry, Kyoka. I'm going to have to call you later.' 'Right, see you.' Jiro hung up immediately, sensing the change of tone in her friend's voice.

'Miss me?' Riku held out his arms, expecting a hug, but received nothing from his daughter. 'No.' Y/N muttered, staying on the ground stubbornly. 'Why are you here anyway? After weeks.' 'Your teachers are coming. To discuss an important matter with us.' Riku explained, stepping into the room. 'I know about the dorm system.' Y/N snapped, crossing her arms. 

'Y/N, Shoto!' Fuyumi called from downstairs. 'The teachers are here!'

'Mr Aizawa, All Might.' Y/N acknowledged as she bowed rather stiffly before settling herself on the tatami floor. Shoto, Endeavor and Riku joined her, while Aizawa and All Might sat opposite them. 'Mr Todoroki, Mr L/N, I assume you know the purpose of our visit.' Aizawa began, receiving curt nods from both fathers. 'We are here to request permission for us to move Shoto and Y/N into dorm rooms that UA will be implementing.'

'How do I know that this will keep my Y/N safe?' Riku asked, causing Y/N to scoff. 'Stop acting like you care, father.'

'We are very sorry we allowed harm to come to your daughter during the training camp.' All Might inclined his head. 'Her injury was severe, but not fatal. Even so, it is our negligence that caused this as we take full responsibility.' 'Wait.' Riku interrupted, confused. 'What do you mean severe injury? What happened to her?'

The teachers' eyes widened. They simultaneously turned to Y/N, who shrugged listlessly. 'I didn't bother telling him.' She announced, poking at her shirt. 'It's not like telling him would make the scar go away, would it?' 

Aizawa sighed, as though he had had enough with the rebellious teenager. 'Therefore, to protect the students, we need the parents' permission for this system. It will allow us to keep a closer eye on our students, and thus ensure their safety.' 'In that case... I consent.' Riku announced, putting a hand on his daughter's knee. The girl pulled an expression of disgust and moved away blatantly.

'And Mr Todoroki?' Aizawa turned to Shoto's father, who was glaring at basically everything that was moving in the room. 'Fine.' He growled. At this, both the teachers got up and bowed. 'We thank you very much. We promise to keep these two extremely talented young heroes safe.' They chimed, before leaving the household hurridly.

Once they were gone, the fathers of the two teenagers immediately left them. 'I thought you forgave him.' Shoto commented amusedly as the pair walked up to Shoto's room again. 'Forgiving doesn't mean I've forgotten, Sho.' Y/N smiled, looking up from her phone. 'I don't trust him. Not after what he did.'

'Fair enough.'