Chapter 57

'You don't have to.' Mineta blurted, popping up from nowhere. 'Just... take it easy! Relax! Our hierarchy is collapsing!' He was interrupted by two hands slapping forcefully onto his cheeks. 'We'll root for you.' Iida smiled, lifting Mineta up. Beside him, Izuku nodded supportively.

'I'll even put on that stupid cheerleader uniform again if you want me to.' Y/N grinned, unlatching herself from Shoto. 'Thank you.' The boy smiled softly, gaze sweeping over his classmates. 'I'll work hard.' 'We know you will.' Ochaco bounced up to Y/N, handing her results back. 'So you finally got it back from Toru.' Y/N sighed, shaking her head. 'I haven't even gotten the chance to read it.'

...

'Hey! Hey!' A loud, obnoxious shout disrupted the tranquil peace. 'Todoroki!' Inasa suddenly ran out from the Shiketsu group, charging towards Shoto and Y/N, who were holding hands and smiling in satisfaction. 'I'll see you at the special course! But here's the thing! Honestly, nothing has changed. I still don't like you, sorry! That's all for now! And it was nice meeting you, L/N!'

Y/N laughed, waving at the boisterous boy as a breeze picked up, blowing her brown hair in all directions. 'I guess that was nice?' Kirishima commented, not knowing what to make of the situation. 'We'll just make the best of it.' Shoto replied, glancing at his girlfriend, who had a blissful, close eyed grin plastered on her face. 'Interesting.' Aoyama noted, studying Inasa's retreating figure. 'He is someone who is both bold and sensitive. I admire such-' He spat out some random french word that his classmates had absolutely no idea about.

'Such... what?' Y/N sweatdropped.

'Hey, you!' Izuku suddenly ran after a guy from Shiketsu. 'I wanna know more about the training you do to erase your presence.' 'We haven't learned anything like that.' The guy replied, baffled. 'But... that girl?' Izuku questioned. 'The one in the bodysuit did it. I wanted to talk to her about it, on how she made it work. Do you have any idea where she might be?'

'Bodysuit? Oh, you mean Camie. She said she wasn't feeling too well, so she took a cab to the station to go home.' 'Oh, I see.' Izuku sighed. 'Too bad I didn't get the chance to ask.' 'Actually...' The guy scratched his head. 'She's been acting really weirdly for the past few days. A little different from her usual self, I'd say.'

...

A knock sounded on the door to Y/N's dorm room. The brunette slumped towards it, flung it open, and the person standing in the doorway shocked her. 'Sho? Why aren't you with the others?' The girl inclined her head, stepping to the side and ushering the boy in. 'You said that we needed to talk.' Shoto replied, sitting on the corner of Y/N's bed.

Y/N, who had changed to her pyjamas beforehand, shut the door quietly and locked it. 'Yeah.' She sighed, gathering her loose brown hair into a braid. 'Yoarashi's words.' She began, settling herself onto the plush mattress. 'There's clearly some weird rivalry you guys share. What's the story behind it?'

'It's nothing.' Shoto mumbled, attempting to brush it aside. But Y/N, as stubborn as she was, narrowed her eyes. 'Who are you trying to kid, Sho? I saw how his words affected you. Bold of him as well, to say what he did.' 'I don't want to burden you.' The heterochromatic boy sighed, closing his eyes.

Y/N exhaled, facing her boyfriend. 'Shoto, you know that if you don't tell me, I'll just get even more worried, right?' She stated, taking Shoto's hands in hers, relishing the warmth of his left hand the coolness of the right. 'You've been through so much.' The boy's eyes remained closed. 'Just tell me.' The brunette prompted gently, reaching up to tuck a lock of Shoto's hair behind his ear.

'During the recommendation exam.' Shoto whispered while Y/N shuffled closer to him. 'That guy- Yoarashi. He came up to me randomly and said hello. But you know how I was back then. I ignored him and told him that he was in the way. Then, during the obstacle course, he beat me. After which he decided to befriend me, and once again I told him to back off, and that I only wanted to pass an exam and not make friends. And then... he brought up my father.'

The brunette paused for a moment, then brought Shoto in for a hug. 'This is my interpretation of what happened. To be honest, both of you are at fault. You turned him away without a second thought, and that must've hurt his feelings because he was just trying to be nice. Though I don't really blame you for that, he doesn't know what you've been through. Whereas Yoarashi, he must've had a nasty run-in with Endeavor, because you simply can't just hate a person without a reason. And the part where he brought up you having Endeavor's eyes, that just confirms it. That boy's at fault because he holds a grudge too easily. He was angry at your father, but decided to take out his anger on you instead.'

'Then, without both of you knowing, the grudge soon turned into a complete rivalry, which was so deep that you guys absolutely refused to work with one another. I know he started bickering with you again the moment I left, he thought I wouldn't know. He decided to vent out all his pent up anger at that moment, while a dangerous 'terrorist' was on the loose and right in front of you, yet neither of you acted because you guys were too caught up in past events and that ultimately cost both of you your licenses. Is my interpretation correct?' Y/N finished, earning a dejected nod from the boy next to her.

'Oh, Shoto.' Y/N sighed heavily, hugging said boy again. 'Not everyone's an ass, you know.'

'I know now.' Shoto replied, leaning into the embrace. Just then, the boy's stomach grumbled, making his girlfriend laugh lightly. 'You're hungry, aren't you? Let's go downstairs, I'll make some fruit salad.'

...

'Here.' Y/N set a bowl of fruits into Shoto's hands. 'Someone used up all the limes so I used lemon juice instead. Hope you don't mind.' ' Thanks.' Shoto lifted the bowl gently, biting down on a piece of apple before proceeding to make a face. 'What dressing is this?' Y/N smiled slightly, closing her eyes. 'My mum used to make it, two tablespoons of honey and a tablespoon of lime juice. It was my favourite treat during summer.'

'It's kinda sour.' Shoto complained, taking another bite. 'Of course it is, dummy.' The brunette teased, stealing a piece of mango. 'It's lemon.'

Unfortunately, I won't be updating for quite a few days, a week at most. I was reading through some of the old chapters and I realised that they needed to be edited because of how bad they were. The first chapters will go through certain changes, but nothing will be unpublished. I apologise :(

You guys have given this book so much love and support, and your comments really make my day, and I really couldn't ask for anything more. I thank you for your patience, I will get back to uploading new chapters as soon as the editing is completed.