Chapter 36

A grand jete is a move where a ballet dancer leaps in the air. Just think of it as a front split in midair.

'L/N, what happens if one of us get caught?' Mineta questioned. The brunette closed her eyes, thinking. 'Um... Then it's up to the other two. Just remember, stay levelheaded.' Y/N sighed, clenching her fists. 'Somnambulist is impossible to fight off. Therefore, our hardest challenge is to not get caught.' She explained. 'Sorry I don't have a proper answer to that.'

'It's fine.' Sero reassured, smiling kindly at the girl. 'Thanks.' Y/N returned the gesture. Then, the door opened, revealing Shoto, Momo and Iida. 'Yao!' The silver eyed girl cried, hugging her friend. 'You were awesome!' 'Thanks.' The ravenette replied, pulling back. 'What's your plan so far?'

'Um... well it's a simple one, really. Midnight's quirk is somnambulist. It allows her to produce a weird scent thingy from her skin so that she can make people fall asleep. But it's gas, right? That means my quirk can block it out. Gas takes time to dissolve in water, so I was thinking, I'll just cover Sero and Mineta in water and avoid sticking our heads out unless absolutely necessary. Then, we'll hopefully apprehend her. But if that fails, then I'm going to have to run while they distract Midnight.' Y/N explained, casting a worried glance at Sero and Mineta. 'I'm not sure if it'll work.'

'Look at those perfect grand jetes that Mina and Pikachu are executing.' Sero commented, pointing at the panicked pair.

...

'It's so sad they failed. The principal's strategy was way too foolproof.' Momo sighed, staring at the screen. 'The principal makes me look and feel stupid.' Y/N grumbled, playing with a sphere of water.

'It's nothing, nothing's the matter! You've got it all wrong!' A yell reverberated through the air. Y/N turned to see Ochaco flustered, waving her arms wildly in the air, face completely red. 'Aoyama was talking to you about Izuku, wasn't he?' Y/N smirked, standing up. 'Uh... no, no, no! What makes you think that?'

A teasing grin spread onto the girl's face. But instead of answering, she only stood up, pecked Shoto on the cheek and began to stride out of the monitory room.

'Team Koda and Jiro have passed the exam.'

'Mineta, Sero. Let's go and get ready, any changes to the plan?' When Sero and Mineta both shook their heads no, Y/N clenched her jaw in determination. 'Right. Midnight, here we come.'

...

'Team Mineta, Sero and L/N. Practical exam. Ready, go.'

'Right, here goes.' Y/N offered an elbow to each of her teammates. A clear sphere of water formed around them. 'Sero, Mineta? You guys can breathe just fine, right?' The brunette quizzed, glancing at each of her peers who were staring around them in awe. 'I can breathe! And talk!' Sero exclaimed, almost breaking free. 'Careful now. If you lose contact with me you won't be able to anymore.' Y/N warned, grabbing Sero's wrist just in time.

'Ahhhhh!' 

'Mineta, damn it! And I thought you would be useful!' Y/N yelled out when Mineta suddenly broke free of the girl's grip and ran off. 'We're on our own.' Y/N sighed, realising that he wasn't going to return anytime soon. 'He's a little scumbag, isn't he?' Sero remarked while he and his teammate trudged forward, looking for their opponent.

A cloud of purplish-pink substance surrounded them. 'Careful, Midnight must be near. And remember, our physical contact is a weakness of ours.' 'Very smart.' A sultry voice interrupted the pair. 'I see you have an advantage against my quirk. But how are you going to apprehend me?'

'Stick out your wrists.' Y/N commanded, eyes flaring midnight blue. The pro heroine's eyes glazed over slightly, but she was able to fight it. 'The sound!' Y/N realised. She allowed a small opening, revealing her mouth. 'What are you doing?' Sero hissed, glaring at the girl, who smiled confidently. 'Do you trust me?'