Chapter 59

I either destroy, lose or damage my water bottles. There's no way you'd find an old bottle in pristine condition XD

'To put it simply, it's work outside of class.' Aizawa explained, glancing at his seated students. 'Like the internships you did at pro hero agencies before, only closer to the real thing.' 

'Wait, but why do we work so hard at this work fest?' A sudden, shrill scream startled Y/N, who lost control of her quirk momentarily and caused her water bottle to explode. A sheepish look crossed her features as everyone in the class turned to her, while she herself mopped up the puddle. 'That's the fourth bottle I've destroyed this month...' She sighed, staring at the remaining plastic shreds. 'Uraraka has a point.' Iida murmured, reverting his focus to the front. 'If we have work studies, then those who weren't scouted at the sports festival still have career paths.

'This doesn't make sense!' Ochaco cried incredulously.

'You'll be using your connections from the sports festival to secure a work study, it's basic networking. This isn't part of your normal classwork, it's discretionary for each student. That means those who weren't scouted at the sports festival will have a hard time lining one up, I'm afraid. Originally, individual agencies recruited on their own, but there was a lot of competition as people tried to recruit UA students, so this is how things ended up. Good enough, Ochaco?' Aizawa questioned the auburn haired girl who sat back down. 'I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, sir.' She sighed.

'Now that you have your provisional licenses, you can assist in real ways, for longer periods of time.' Aizawa continued, straightening up. 'Until now, there haven't been many first years who have received their licenses. With the increasing amount of villain activity, we're considering that you can be placed in work studies as well. We'll explain more about the work studies when the program schedule intels at a later date. But for now, we've got other things to worry about. That's all, sorry to keep you waiting. Mic?'

'First period is English!' The all too familiar voice of Present Mic invaded the 1A students' eardrums. 'In other words, it's jam time! Been ages since I stood on this stage, ya miss meee? We've got lots to cover today so let's get rolling with it, ya digg?'

...

'You guys, if you put your trash in the halls, I'll take everything in a second.' Izuku called out to some of his classmates, who were sprawled on the couches. 'So, Present Mic's class today.' Sato started, to which Kirishima replied, 'Were you just as lost as I was?' 'Were we supposed to know all the grammar he was rambling about?'

'Oh yeah, right?' Mina butted in. 'I was like, is this even English?' 'I think I studied the wrong chapter.' Kirishima complained as he slumped back onto the olive green couch he was sitting on.

Three days passed in a flash.

'Guys, I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused!' Izuku yelled as soon as he burst into the classroom, bowing, scaring Y/N, who broke her new bottle once more. 'Come on!' She whined, throwing her hands into the air. 'Give me a damn break, will you? I just got my old one replaced!' 'Thanks for your hard work, Deku!' Ochaco cheered, to which Jiro replied with, 'All he did was vacuum. And what's with those steam nostrils?'

'Class rep, Iida! I'm sorry I disappointed you!' 'Uh... right! Well, I'm glad you learnt from your mistakes.' Even Iida didn't know what to make of Izuku's new behaviour. 'Follow the rules from now on.' 'I'll catch up on everything I missed these past three days!' 'Time to take your seats, everyone.' Aizawa deadpanned, his stare boring holes into the back of Izuku's skull.

'Morning. Now that Midoriya's back, we'll go into more detail about the work studies intel. Go ahead and come in. I'll have people who've experienced them first-hand explain.' He turned to the door, which slid open to reveal three older students. Two boys and a girl. 'I'll suggest you listen carefully as they state the differences between work studies and internships.' He added as the trio marched into the room.

'These three are third years at UA. They're ranked at the very top of our student body. You may know them as the Big Three.' 

'Oh!' Y/N exclaimed in excitement, looking up from her pile of sopping wet notes. 'I've heard all about them from Ibara. Supposedly they're so powerful, they could rival a normal pro hero! They're the best of the hero course students!'

'Oh, wow!' Mina leapt up from her seat to get a better glance at the three seniors. 'They're on a different level.' Momo supplied. 'Still in school, but practically pro heroes.' 'They don't look all that special to me.' Kaminari commented, though his expression spoke otherwise.

'Get to it.' Aizawa commanded. 'Introduce yourselves briefly. Let's start with Amajiki.' The indigo haired boy proceeded to send a bone-chilling glower at the 1A students, practically glueing them to their seats. 'It's no good.' He mumbled. 'You two go. Even if I imagine them as potatoes, I can still see their bodies. I know that they're still people, no words are coming out. My mind's blank and my mouth is dry. I can't say anything... I wanna...' He swivelled around and faced the wall, thoroughly baffling his juniors, who were ogling at him curiously. 'Go home...'

'Okay?' Ojiro questioned. 'Are you really one of UA's top heroes?'

The girl giggled. 'Come on, Amajiki! You need to have the heart of a lion, not a kitten! You know, even though you're human. Get what I mean?' She proceeded to turn to the class and introduced the boy for him. 'This is our kitten, Tamaki Amajiki. And hi! My name is Nejire Hado. I'm supposed to talk about work studies, you first years really have an exciting time ahead of you. Hey wait... hold on.' She leaned closer to Shoji. 'Why are you wearing a mask? Is it cause you're sick? Or just... trying to look cool?' 

Before Shoji could reply, Nejire popped up next to Shoto and Y/N. 'Oh, wow! And you must be Todoroki, am I right? How'd you get that big burn on your face? And you're Y/N, right? Why are your notes wet? Why is your water bottle shredded? And Ashido, if your horns break off, can you grow new ones? Oh, and can you wiggle them? Mineta, are those balls your hair or what? I don't get it! Oh, and Asui, you're a tree frog, not a gross toad, right? Oh my goodness, there's so much I wanna know about all of you! Let's have a Q and A.'

Without giving the students time to breathe, she bent towards Ojiro. 'Hey, Ojiro. Can you support your entire body weight with that tail of yours?' 'Uh... well... you see,' Ojiro awkwardly began to explain. 'Come on, tell me, I really wanna know.' Nejire shoved herself closer, oblivious to Aizawa's growing anger. 'This is completely irrational.' He growled.

The tall, blond guy of the three immediately apologised. 'There's no need for you to worry, Eraserhead! I'm up next and I'll get the audience refocused. The field trips gonna be-' He didn't finish his sentence, as though he was expecting the confused 1A students to finish it. 'Excuse me, but it's gonna be what?' Y/N raised her hand, tilting her head. 'Awful!' He yelled. 'That's your part, guys! Oh, crap! My call and response was a total fail!' He proceeded to laugh his head off, a feat that would make Monoma glow with jealousy.

'Okay.' The blond guy began once more. 'You guys look like you have no idea what's going on. I guess we are just third years who showed up in your classroom to explain a program that's completely voluntary, I can see how you'd be confused by that. Hm... You guys got your provisional licenses as first years, right? Huh. This new batch of students has proven to be pretty darn energetic! So, the problem must be... you guys don't have a sense of humour! That's why my joke didn't land!'

Tamaki, who had been facing the wall up till now, spun around. 'Don't do it...'

'Heads up! The brand new plan is all you first years fight me at once! If you want them to experience what we experienced, this is a pretty rational way of doing that, right Eraserhead?' He added, making eye contact with Aizawa, who looked back at him with no emotion in his eyes. 'Do whatever you want.' He replied.

As such, the 1A students were led by their three peculiar, eccentric and strange seniors to TDL once they had trained.