Chapter 20

Warning: Language.

'Time for the fourth match!' Present Mic screamed. 'Get ready to watch two new players hype it up!' A light snore interrupted Y/N's chain of thought. She looked down, realising that Shoto had fallen asleep on her. 'You must be tired from doing such a great job.' She whispered amusedly, stroking his hair softly. He groaned, shifting slightly in his sleep. (He's kinda resting on Y/N's chest, but not in an inappropriate way.)

'He's the dude with engines in his legs, Tenya Iida from the Hero Course! Versus, a fully equipped gadget girl, the Support Course's Mei Hatsume!' Y/N bit back a laugh as Iida clipped a wing-like gadget onto his waist. 'Hero course students can't use support gear unless they have to, and you didn't fill out any of the proper paperwork for that.' Midnight remarked, expression serious for once.

'I didn't know that was the rule!' Iida cried incredulously. 'Aoyama got to wear his belt, so I thought it was fine!'

'He turned in the proper forms.' Midnight snapped. 'I apologise, ma'am. It's just that... My heart was moved by my opponent's sportsmanship. Even though she's from the Support Course, she wanted this to be as even a match as possible since she made it this far, to have a fair fight, so she offered to give me this equipment. I respect her integrity!' Iida declared, clutching his fists and staring at Midnight in determination. 'That's why, to honour her, I would like to wear this gear!'

'Such youthful vigour!' Midnight cried, giggling. 'I'll allow it.'

'Well, since everyone is in agreement, let's begin the fourth match!'

Iida began dashing towards the pink haired girl, who yelled into her attached microphone, making Y/N reel back from her loud voice. 'Bet you love how light that gear makes your legs feel, huh, Iida?' 'Is she here to advertise her gadgets or what?' The brunette yawned, rubbing her eyes tiredly. 'Hey.' A voice behind her spoke. She turned to see her father, standing behind her. 'Don't stand so close to me. What do you want, anyway? If you're here to annoy me then you can fuck off.' 

'I wanted to check up on you.' 'Clearly I don't need you 'checking up' on me. I'm perfectly fine on my own.' Y/N snarled, turning away. 'Is that all? I've got more important things to do.'

'You're simply staring into thin air.' Riku noted. 'I know that. You take me too lightly. Now, get to the point or get your ass out of here.' Riku took a deep breath and sighed. 'Enji and I have decided that you are to move into their household next week.'

Y/N rolled her eyes. 'Yeah, whatever. At least I have one less bastard to deal with. Now, are you finished?' 'That's not the way to treat the man who put in blood sweat and tears just to raise you for fifteen years, Y/N.' Riku observed, eyeing the sleeping boy next to his daughter. 'You're acting ungratefully.' The silver eyed girl scoffed. 'You sound just like Endeavor. Who knew that an hour of interaction could change my father completely.' 'You're way too obnoxious and outspoken for a housewife, my dear. You need to change that personality of yours.'

'I'm not a meek little housewife.' Y/N growled, her hand coming to a stop on Shoto's head. 'I will grow and become a hero, no matter what you do. I refuse to do what anyone could do. I want to help people. Seeing innocent people getting hurt for no reason angers me. I will avenge mother. Mark my words, father. Someday, you will pay. Now get lost, you're disturbing our peace.' Y/N waved him away before resuming the gentle strokes of Shoto's hair.

Slouching and cursing under his breath, Riku L/N turned away in a huff and stormed off. 'Good riddance.' Y/N muttered, smiling fondly down at Shoto, who somehow managed to continue sleeping peacefully despite the ruckus around him. 'He must really be tired.' She thought, pressing a small kiss to his head and wrapping both her arms around him.

...

By the time Hatsume finished her long presentation and explanation for each support gear, around fifteen minutes had passed. 'Uh... Hatsume's stepped out of bounds, so Iida advances to the next round.' 'Goodness gracious. That girl sure is something. I wonder if I could get her to give my costume an upgrade...' She pondered, eyebrows furrowed as she lost herself in her thoughts. 'Should I add a utility belt? Or perhaps tubes of potassium to add explosive power?'

'Let's move straight on to the fifth match. Let's hope that sunny got some shocking moves. It's Yuga Aoyama from the Hero Course! Versus, is there a purpose for those things sticking out of her head? From the same class, Mina Ashido!'

'Now, let's get started! Fifth match, begin!'

Y/N watched blankly as Mina dodged blast after blast of Aoyama's laser, still lost in her thoughts.

'Can I somehow fit a simple first aid kit into my costume without having to carry a large pouch? And thicken up my stomach guard without adding too much weight? Or-'

'Aoyama's pants just fell off! And he just got sucker-punched! Is this the end?'

'Aoyama has fainted! The winner of this match is Ashido!'

'I got to see panties, but why his?' Mineta whined, causing Y/N to look up in annoyance. She lifted an arm and made a flinging action. A sphere of water flew towards Mineta at high speed and hit him on the face hard, sending him flying into the nearby pillar. Tsuyu and Jiro, baffled, turned their heads slowly and made eye contact with Y/N, who sent them a small wave and a shushing motion, then pointed at a sleeping Shoto, signalling that she couldn't join them.

They nodded in understanding, Jiro with a suggestive smirk on her face as she continued to watch the festival. Glaring with red cheeks, Y/N threw another sphere of water, though with much less force.

'Offence and defence in one! The dark samurai and his dark shadow! From the Hero Course, Fumikage Tokoyami! Versus, the great creator! She was admitted because of recommendations and I think we can all see why! Also from Class 1A, Momo Yaoyorozu!'

Y/N, upon hearing Momo's name, began waving frantically, trying to catch her friend's attention. Once succeeding in doing so, she gave her a thumbs up and mouthed, 'Good luck!' Momo, who seemed to get the message, nodded firmly in thanks and returned her stormy eyes to her opponent.

...

'Yaoyorozu! You're out!' 

Y/N watched in dismay as Momo's eyes widened. The ravenette looked down in surprise. To her utter disappointment, as she stepped backwards, she had involuntarily stepped out of bounds. A look of despair flashed across her face as Midnight announced, 'This match goes to Tokoyami!' Tokoyami withdrew Dark Shadow, bowed deeply and left, leaving Momo stunned.

'Yikes. A fast, overwhelming victory! Is it possible that Tokoyami's Dark Shadow is the best quirk ever? I think so!'

...

'Hey.' A down voice made Y/N look up. 'Hey, Yao.' Y/N smiled awkwardly, inviting her to sit down. 'I lost.' Momo sighed. 'And I didn't even get the chance to do anything.' Y/N patted the girl's arm gently. 'I disagree, Yao. It was just a matter of time. You did great out there.' 'I guess...' Momo murmured, settling down beside Y/N. 'How long has he been out?' She questioned, pointing at Shoto who was still snoring lightly and peacefully in Y/N's arms. 'About half an hour to forty-five minutes. All that ice probably took a lot of energy out of him. Besides, he didn't get a lot of sleep last night.' Y/N answered, brushing a hand through Shoto's hair.

'He's lucky to have a girl like you.' Momo commented, gazing wistfully at the sky. 'I wish I had someone like that.' 'Aw, don't worry Yao. You'll find someone soon enough. With your looks and that killer body, it's impossible if you're unable to find someone.' Y/N reassured her friend, glancing at Kirishima and Tetsutetsu punching the brains out of each other. 

'Aren't those two just so childish?' Momo continued, taking a peek as well. 'They'd be great friends if they just learnt how to get along.' 'Yeah.' Y/N agreed worriedly as she caught a glimpse of the clock. 'It's your next match soon, isn't it?' Momo asked, catching sight of the brunette's expression. 'I have no idea how to defeat Iida.' Y/N confessed, sighing.

'Engines. Engines break down in water. Or you could clog them up.' Momo suggested, studying the dark blue haired male.

'I don't have time for that.' Y/N exhaled, hugging Shoto tighter. 'I'll think more about it later. Thanks for the ideas, Yao.'