Chapter 65

'These guys are part of a team selling illegal drugs and items, so we'd been waiting for a chance like this.' One of the police explained as his colleagues apprehended one of the cowardly criminals that had tried to run. 'So my quirk couldn't activate because of one of those items?' Tamaki questioned quietly, rubbing his forearm nervously as he turned to face the men.

'Die, stupid scum!' The thug cursed. In a flash, the indigo haired boy was facing the wall once more. 'Anyway, please leave the rest to us.' The police called after him, but received no reply. 'You're a dick!' Y/N yelled after the departing villain, waving her bloody arm in the air. 'You need to stop being so rude, asshole! Hey, Tamaki.' The brunette slapped a hand on the boy's shoulder. 'Will you be fine on your own? I'm going after Kiri, okay?'

Without waiting for an answer, the girl ran off, shouting at the top of her lungs. 'Kirishima! Kiri? Where are you?' 'Here!' He heard a call, and the silver eyed girl turned sharply into an alleyway, eyes wide and panting. 'Are you okay?' 'I just wanted to get stronger!' The villain wailed, scooting away from the baffled duo. 'What the heck?' The girl quizzed, pointing a finger at the villain. 'Please, let me go!'

'I think not, buddy.' Y/N scowled, crossing her arms in front of her chest, staining the fabric of her costume a bright scarlet because of the bleeding wound on her forearm, though it had mostly stopped. 'I'm just a pitiful man who wanted some power!' 'I said, I think not.' The girl's eyes hardened. 'You shot Tamaki.' 'I really do understand how you feel.' Kirishima began, 'In the past, I-' 'Who cares about you, moron?' The thug wailed, skidding backwards as he bawled his eyes out.

Suddenly, two blades shot out, narrowly missing Y/N by just an inch. 'Am I stupid?' Kirishima yelled, breaking the metal. 'Predictable!' The criminal cackled as he flew away. 'So predictable I'm saved! I'm gonna escape! I'm escaping!' 

He crashed hard into a solid wall of water. 'For the third time tonight, I think not.' The wave wrapped itself into a cocoon, bringing the villain to the teenage girl's feet. 'Sorry I'm late!' Her mentor's voice penetrated the air, and Fatgum stepped out in front of the duo. 'I'll take it from here, Yui.' The girl obeyed, and the sphere of water with the guy inside it dissolved. Fatgum wasted no time shoving the thug into his belly, successfully capturing him. 

'When you're squaring off, the villain can win by killing, running away, beating us up so bad we can't recover, et cetera. On the other hand, there's only one way for us to win- capture without casualties. Remember this when you leave, both of you! The key to fighting villains is how fast you can make them lose the will to fight.'

'Thank you for your help!' Kirishima grinned, nudging Y/N, who was staring in shock. 'Thank you, young ones.' An old man stepped up, smiling sincerely. 'Ah, no, I can't.' Y/N immediately waved her arms around wildly, stepping backwards. 'I did nothing. It was mainly Kiri here. You should thank him instead.' She blabbered, while the civilians looked on in amusement. 

While the crowd surrounded Kirishima, Y/N took this chance to fish out her phone, which was thankfully undamaged.

'Sho?'

'Y/N! Are you still at your work study?' Shoto's familiar voice rang out from the device. 'Yeah.' The girl laughed lightly, smiling despite what had just happened. 'How'd it go?' 'Oh, it was pretty great. Red Riot just debuted. There's something weird that I thought of just now, mind if I tell you about it later?' 'Alright.' The heterochromatic boy's voice took a worried tint to it, but Y/N waved it off. 'Thanks, Sho! I'll see you later then, love you!'

'Love you too.' Soon after, the line was cut.

'i'm Red Riot!' Kirishima's boisterous announcement made Y/N look up from her phone. 'Red Riot, huh? I won't be forgetting that! What are you called, young lady?' The brunette stumbled back in shock. 'Me?' She pointed to herself in disbelief as her eyes widened. 'You helped, didn't you?' The civilian beamed at her, nodding. 'Ah...' She scratched the back of her head. 'I'm Yui. Nice to meet you.' 

'Thank you, Red Riot! Thank you, Yui!' The group of onlookers cheered, making a blush spread onto both of their cheeks. 'Thank you.' The two first years bowed reverently. But when Y/N reverted to her standing position, the redhead beside her remained as he was, seemingly deep in thought. 'Thank you!' He yelled once more, sinking even lower.

...

'His quirk powered up? That sort of drug is banned in Japan, right? Based on how short its effects were, it must've been an inferior version made in Asia. The ones made in the US are at least an hour or two.' Fatgum explained as the trio regrouped with Tamaki. 'You seem to know a lot about it!' Kirishima cried in excitement, earning a chuckle from the pro. 'In the past, I'd work with the coppers and catch guys like that all day.'

'Fat!' A police officer ran up to them. 'About that gun the guy fired, it's been broken into pieces by someone's quirk.' He held up a clear plastic bag, where the remnants of the pistol lay. 'Also, this isn't a normal gun. Anyway, I'll investigate and report back.' 'Thanks for going out of your way to let me know.' Fatgum replied. 'Are you alright?' Kirishima questioned Tamaki, who pulled his hood lower to cover his face entirely.

'It sucks.' He sighed. 'To make it so you can't use your quirk... what a terrible way to treat a hero!' The crimson eyed boy grumbled indignantly. 'Most importantly,' Tamaki continued. 'You both had to defend me. Just like Mirio. You're both people who shine brightly, like the sun.' 'If you're going to say that, then you're like the sun, too! For introducing us to this place.'

'Just like that. You're amazing, you know.'

'Why don't we have them take a look at you in the hospital? There's something I want to investigate, too.' The police officer suddenly suggested. 'And that cut on your arm, too, miss.' Y/N did a double take. 'Ah, no, it's completely fine. I already cleaned it, it's not deep or anything.' 'Why don't we stop by the agency first, and then go?' Fatgum proposed, earning two agreements from the boys.

...

'Hey, I'm back.' Y/N yawned, greeting the lone figure on the olive green couch in the 1A dorms. 'You really shouldn't have waited up, you know. Especially with those license classes of yours. I'd hate for you to get sleep deprived.' 'I'm fine.' Shoto sighed, hugging the girl. 'You said you wanted to talk.' 'Oh, yeah.' The silver eyed girl answered, taking off her blazer. 'You wanna go to my room first? It's probably quieter.'

'Anyway, as I was patrolling with sir, I thought about something. Fatgum told me that the Shie Hassaikai has reportedly become more active, and... Izuku's been acting weird ever since he returned from his work study. He wouldn't stop muttering under his breath, and I think that it's somehow related.'

'You're always thinking, huh?' The dual haired boy teased, ruffling his girlfriend's already messy hair. 'Yeah.' Y/N smiled, flinging herself onto Shoto. 'It's almost twelve thirty. I'll just go and change and we can sleep, sound good?'

'You bet.'

I made a Discord server 👉🏻👈🏻
https://discord.gg/FMYUR5z