Chapter 8

'I knew you liked him.' Y/N grinned, elbowing Jiro in the side. 'Shut up, Y/N.' The girl shoved at Y/N, causing her to stumble into Shoto.

It was Jiro's turn to smirk.

'Kyoka Jiro! I will personally beat the absolute crap out of you if you pull another stunt like that again!' Y/N seethed, her face completely scarlet as she crouched in Shoto's lap. 'You seem to be enjoying it.' Jiro mocked, pointing at both of their blushing faces. 'I am here!' A yell reverberated through the air, cutting the thick tension. The blue haired villain jumped away in shock. Y/N, being the cheeky, mischievous girl she was, flicked her wrist and a sphere of water splattered onto the villain's head. 'Gah!' He screeched, scratching at his neck furiously. The Nomu monster stared in the direction of the bush that Jiro, Momo, Kaminari, Y/N and Shoto were hiding behind, a malicious smile on its monstrous face.

The five of them waited with bated breath, Jiro clutching onto Kaminari's hands to prevent him from touching the leaves. Y/N stifled a whimper, involuntarily clinging onto Shoto, who put an arm around her reassuringly. Luckily, Nomu decided that it had enough of scrutinising and that the bush was just an ordinary bush. Jiro sighed with relief as Nomu looked away and let go of Kaminari. 

Y/N peeked over the bush, shocked and terrified at what she saw. All Might, known for having a big, bright smile upon his face despite the circumstances, wasn't smiling. Her fear must have shown on her face because Shoto looked up as well. 'This is bad.' She mewled. 'If All Might isn't smiling, the situation must be serious.' Y/N ducked back down, shaking her head and gesturing for Jiro, Momo and Kaminari to sneak away as soon as they could.

A series of crashes and incoherent shouts followed and Y/N used this chance to push Jiro, Momo and Kaminari out of the bush and towards safety, hissing for them to hightail out of danger while they still could. She was not going to risk any of her closest friends getting hurt. When she looked up again, however, the scene in front of her was simply dreadful, it could turn the bravest hero into a shivering, frightened puddle on the ground. Nomu had All Might in a headlock, they were bent in a weird, tangled position and had sunk through a warp gate that the purple, mist-like villain had created. Blood was pooling steadily out of All Might's chest area, and he looked pained.

The villains weren't lying about Nomu being powerful.

Y/N lost herself in her thoughts. Someone grabbed her roughly and brought her back to reality. She realised that the blue haired villain had captured her while she was in a daze, and was currently holding her hostage, to prevent her classmates from doing anything lest she get hurt. Shoto had frozen Nomu in place, but his eyes held concern, Nomu looked as though he was going to break through the ice at any time. Y/N cursed herself for letting her guard down mid-battle. 'I am Tomura Shigaraki, and my quirk is Decay. I run the league of villains, so you must have heard about me. I get that you know what happens if I place my fifth finger on this young lady's neck?' He rasped, forcing four clammy, cold fingers onto Y/N's exposed neck.

Y/N clenched her teeth. 'I started this, so I have to be the one to stop it.' She thought. She tried activating her charmspeak, but the villain smiled sinisterly. 'I wouldn't do that if I were you, honey.' His thumb inched closer towards Y/N's throat.  'I have... a deal.' She choked out.

'if I duel you, and I win, you let us go. If I lose, you get to kill me, but let my friends go.' She whispered, a tear leaking from the corner of her eye as she cast a glance at the helpless looks on her friends' faces.

'She's just as scared as us.' Shoto realised as he watched the tear roll down Y/N's rosy cheek. 'But she's doing this so that All Might has time to recover. In that case, I have to help as much as I can. We cannot afford to lose her.' 'You really would do that?' Shigaraki smirked, pulling on Y/N's soft brown hair, causing more of the skin on her neck to be shown, making her even more vulnerable than she already was. 'Yes.' Y/N whimpered. 'Considering that I get to murder one of you wannabe heroes, I accept.' He let go of Y/N.