Chapter 40

'Enough playing around. Get your stuff off the bus.' Aizawa commanded, sounding extremely bored. 'Once your bags are in your rooms, we'll have dinner in the cafeteria. After that, you can bathe and sleep. Tomorrow, your training starts in earnest. You better get a move on.'

...

'Woah, Pikachu, Kiri. Calm your horses. No one's fighting with you for the food.' Y/N smiled in amusement as she watched her two friends stuff their faces. 'Yeah, you fought much lesser monsters compared to us. Your quirk did it all for you!' Kaminari retorted, shovelling another bite into his mouth. Y/N sighed, nibbling at a piece of gyoza.

'Aren't you hungry?' Shoto questioned, pausing midbite and staring at his girlfriend who was gnawing at her food half-heartedly. 'I'm just thinking.' The brunette replied, staring absentmindedly into space. 'About what?' Shoto set down his bowl, taking the girl's hand. 'About Kota.' She gestured with her chopsticks in the direction where the small boy stood, glaring at her. 'He has a tragic backstory, don't you think? Actually, Sho, he reminds me of you.' Y/N declared, drawing Kaminari and Kirishima's attention.

'How so?' Shoto cocked his head, inviting the girl to explain. 'He's emotionally scarred.' Y/N elaborated, taking a bite out of her gyoza. 'It's like when I first met you. I had to go out of my way to get you to open up.' She teased, ruffling Shoto's hair affectionately.

'Was I that cold?' The dual haired boy quizzed, surprised. 'Yeah, man.' Kirishima chimed in. 'Y/N was the only one who could get you to talk. To be honest, I think you scared the shit out of us all.' He confessed. Shoto's expression was one of pure bewilderment. 'Are you sure?' 'I sure as hell didn't dare approach him. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I would've talked to you either if you hadn't come up to me, Y/N. You guys are intimidating.'

Y/N blinked. 'Was I?'

Kirishima and Kaminari began nodding furiously. 'And when you fought Shigaraki. That was awesome.' Y/N burst out laughing. 'I screwed that fight up, big time.'

...

'Hey, what is that sound? Is that Mineta trying to climb the wall or something?' Y/N asked, hearing thudding sounds coming from the wooden wall that was separating the boys and girls from each other. 'Ew.' Jiro flinched. 'Has he not learned his lesson?'

'Before you become a hero, you should learn how to be a good human.' Kota's small frame slapped Mineta just as he was about to reach the end of the length of wood, making him drop back down. 'Thank you so much, Kota.' Y/N called, clasping her hands in front of her. Kota glared at the sky for a second before his guarded expression softened. 'No problem.' He muttered, turning around. 'We're a little exposed right now.' Y/N blushed, covering her chest. 'Woah!' The small boy, shocked, fell off the wall. 'Oh, crap.' The brunette mumbled, lifting her wrist.

A wave caught the boy and brought him to shore. 'Is he okay?' Y/N yelled, receiving a muffled 'yes'. 'Thank god.' She breathed, clutching her hands in front of her once more. 'Uh, L/N? Can we have our water back?' Iida 's voice sounded. 'Oh! Sorry!' She cried, releasing her hold on the boys' hot spring water.

'Mineta really is the worst, isn't he?' Tsuyu remarked, drawing a chorus of sighs, and nods of agreement. 'I honestly don't know why he just can't keep his hormones in check. He can't be that needy, can he?' The silver eyed girl grumbled, sitting back down, letting the warmth of the hot water seep into her skin.

'At least he won't be pulling another stunt like that again any time soon.' Momo shrugged, standing up and making her way over to the heap of towels laid by the pool and began handing them out.

...

'Good morning, class. Today, we begin the training camp that will increase your strength. Our goal is to increase your skills instantaneously so that each of you earns a Hero Provisional License. This will allow you to face the dangers that continue to fester in the dark. Proceed carefully. Form a line. Bakugo, try throwing that.'