Chapter 13

Two weeks passed within a flash. Y/N and Shoto, who had been training together every day and usually fell asleep next to each other, were currently sprawled across the floor, arms and legs tangled. Both were woken from their slumber by a series of loud clanging and bashing sounds. Y/N opened her eyes sleepily, yawning and sitting up. 'Wake up lovebirds, it's the day of the festival! Father's already left the house!' Fuyumi yelled, banging a rolling pin on a pot over their heads. 'Shut up, Fuyumi.' Shoto muttered, sitting up and groaning with exhaustion. 'I think we slept at one in the morning?' Y/N yawned, stretching.

'I thought I said no funny business!' Fuyumi cried, waving the rolling pin above her head for dramatics. 'We were doing some extra training.' Y/N picked up her uniform, which had been laid out for her neatly on a chair. 'Man, I wish we'd slept more last night.' She muttered, slipping out through the door.

...

'Y/N, aren't you excited? This is our chance to become famous!' Mina screeched in Y/N's ear, making the girl jerk in annoyance. 'I don't care about fame. I only want to do well.' She snapped, waving Mina off. 'I was kinda hoping that we could wear our costumes, though.' The pink skinned girl muttered, sitting down next to Y/N.

'Think about it. The General Education Track and the Support Course don't have costumes. It's only fair. That's the only way the whole school is going to look neat. Besides, the gym uniform is quite comfortable.' Y/N replied, smiling despite her earlier outburst. 

'Midoriya.' Shoto chimed at the suddenly from across the room.

'Hey, Todoroki! What's up?' Midoriya asked, turning to the heterochromatic boy rather nervously as he stood, posture casual, but exuding intimidation.

'From an objective point of view, I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you.' Shoto declared, a hand casually in his pocket. 'Uh... yeah.' Izuku agreed hesitantly.

'However, you've got All Might in your corner helping you out. We're not here to pry about what's going on between you two, but know that we will beat you.' He finished, a calm look on his face. The entire class gasped, Y/N included, but Shoto's face remained deadly serious.

'Whoa! What's up with all of these declarations of war lately?' Kaminari asked. 'Yeah! What's the big deal? Why're you picking a fight all of a sudden? And right before we get started!' Kirishima interjected, laying a hand on Shoto's shoulder. The latter elbowed it away. 'We're not here to be each other's friends. Don't forget, this isn't a team effort.' He snapped, pivoting on his heel and stalking off.

'Wait a sec, Todoroki.' Izuku spoke up, hands clutched into fists at his side. 'I don't know what's going on in your head, or why you think you need to tell me that you'll beat me. And yeah, of course, you're better than me. In fact, you probably have more potential than anyone in the Hero Course. That's why you got in so easily.'

'Midoriya, maybe you're being a little too hard on yourself.' Kirishima grinned awkwardly. 'Is everything alright?' Y/N chimed in, standing up from her seat.

'He's right, you guys. All the other courses, they're coming at us with everything they've got. We're all gonna have to fight to stand out. And I'll be aiming for the top, too. I'm coming for both of your crowns.' Izuku lowered his arms, a determined look etched onto his face.

Shoto stared at him coldly. 'Fine.' He huffed, stomping off. 'Should I go talk to him?' Y/N cocked her head, but her phone rang at that moment. She looked at the caller ID and her eyes widened drastically. 'Sorry, I've got to take this.' She announced before rushing out of the official waiting room of Class 1A.

'Papa?'

'Y/N L/N! How dare you ignore my previous thirty-nine calls? Do you have any idea how worried I was?' Riku's voice boomed through the device. ''I'm so sorry, Papa! I got carried away. Will you be watching me?' 'Yes, I'm already seated here. I'll even record the whole thing if you want me to. Stay safe, okay?'