Chapter 67

Human blood... and cells...

'In other words, that effect came from a person... someone's quirk? A quirk that destroys quirks, perhaps.' Ryukyu deduced, somehow looking utterly calm, whereas the few UA students were practically passed out from shock in their seats.

'The man Kirishima and L/N captured and the illegal drug that guy used. The distribution channels for things like that are complex. It's gotten a lot smaller these days, but various people and organisations sell them wholesale until they finally reach the end user.' Fatgum explained. 'There's no proof that Hassaikai handled these goods, but they did interact with one of the intermediaries. The other day, when Ryukyu's group broke up a fight between two villain groups, controlling one of the groups was the intermediary dealer organisation.'

'One of the two that turned giant had been given an inferior drug that didn't last very long.' Ryukyu supplied.

'There have been a rash of gang-related crimes recently, and most could connect to the Shie Hassaikai if you try hard enough. It sounds like you're trying really hard to make the Hassaikai guilty.' One pro remarked snobbily. 'Don't you have something that implicates them more obviously?'

A picture of a young man with a bird beak on his face showed up on the screen. As though they recognised him, Mirio and Izuku jerked simultaneously, earning a suspicious eyebrow lift from Y/N. 'The young head, Chisaki's quirk is Overhaul. His power lets him disassemble and restore things. Disassemble, A quirk that lets him break and fix things. And a bullet that can break down quirks.'

As though struck by lightning, Mirio and Izuku exchanged a panicked glance, once more arising Y/N's suspicions. 'You've probably had some kind of interaction with him, haven't you?' She concluded, pointing a decisive finger at the trembling boys who were now looking down at the floor. However, Kirishima hastily clamped a hand over her mouth, allowing Nighteye to continue.

'Chisaki has a daughter called Eri. There are no records our details about her birth, but when Mirio and Midoriya encountered her, she had a large number of bandages wrapped around her arms and legs.' 'What are they talking about?' Kirishima turned to Y/N in confusion. The brunette, whose complexion had turned ashen, slowly swivelled to face her classmate. 'They're... probably taking the girl's blood to produce this drug.' The girl stuttered, face paling even further.

'Are you sure we need the kids?' Another pro commented disdainfully, glaring at a pasty faced Y/N and the look of horror that was downing on Kirishima. 'I'll say this once. We're wondering if this Chisaki bastard is turning his daughter's body into bullets and selling them.' 'We don't know if he's actually selling the bullets. At their stage, their efficiency is still uncertain. However, if they're at the test stage, and he's using them as samples to gather more to his cause. There is no hard evidence. But he's gathering funds and people across the nation. Perhaps the final product may be able to completely destroy someone's quirk..? I'm sure they'll have many ideas from crimes using this.'

'Wouldn't this have been resolved if the two had just taken the child?'

'Do you think it was that simple, you idiotic bastard?' Y/N hissed quietly to herself, glowering harshly at the dimwitted, thick headed hero who was now directing his unimpressed gaze towards Izuku and Mirio once more. 'I take full responsibility for what happened.' Nighteye interrupted calmly, yet a hint of irritation underlay his authoritative tone of voice. 'Please do not blame them. Even though they did not know the full story, they acted to save the girl. Midoriya was willing to bear the risk of taking her then, but Mirio thought ahead and acted to try again when the odds were better.'

'The ones most frustrated right now are these two.' Nighteye managed to finish. As soon as he did, Izuku and Mirio bolted up from their seats violently. 'We will definitely save Eri next time!' They declared, 'And protect her!'

'That's right. That is our goal.'

...

'I was going to recommend that your work studies be suspended today...' Aizawa lamented, earning an uproar from his students. 'What? After all this time?' Kirishima protested, shooting up from his seat. 'You heard them say that the League of Villains could be involved, right? That changes things.'

'But you know, Midoriya, you still haven't regained my trust. Unfortunately, I'm sure that if I stop you now, you'll rush out again on your own.' Their scraggly, raven haired homeroom teacher sighed, kneeling down and maintaining eye contact with his stunned pupil, his next words startling everyone sitting at the small table.

'I'll watch you.'

'If you're going to do this, do it properly, Midoriya. Got that, problem child?' He placed a fist on the boy's chest, his words and that simple action alone were enough motivation and encouragement for his student. 'I'll say this to give you some peace of mind. The hand you missed grabbing onto did not necessarily mean despair for Eri. Face forward.'

'Yes, sir!'

'I will follow you for the rest of my life, Eraserhead!' Kirishima cheered, a wide grin slowly dawning onto his face. 'That's too long.' Aizawa grumbled. 'Kiri, you're being a little too loud.' Y/N nudged her friend in the ribs, a small smile of amusement appearing on her lips.

'Midoriya!' A voice interrupted their friendly banter. 'Next time, we'll definitely save her!'

Ahh guess who's back with a crappy update? This isn't even 1k words o(≧口≦)o 

I'll try and publish the next chapter by the end of this week

And thank you for 54.2k reads and 1.6k votes <3<3<3