Chapter 54

Warning, language

'So?' She prompted as she plonked herself down.

'What?' Shoto jerked irritably, turning to face the brunette who was studying him sharply, unimpressed. 'I deserve an apology for that comment back there, you know.' She sniffed rather haughtily as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. 'Maybe if you'd covered yourself properly, I wouldn't have had to comment on that.' Shoto snapped, glaring at his girlfriend, who flared up immediately.

'I don't know what the hell got into you today, Shoto Todoroki. But in all honestly, being a complete asshole isn't going to change anything.' The girl's voice rose in volume so steadily, it was a miracle no one ogled at them. 'I don't know what's your problem, but ever since meeting Yoarashi, you've been a complete dickhead.'

'What's going on here?' A familiar voice interrupted the girl. She whipped around, scowling, but her expression softened when she saw Momo, Jiro, Tsuyu and Shoji. 'You guys passed too?' Her features moulded into a slight smile, though anger still lingered evidently in her silver orbs. 'And nothing happened, just... relationship problems.' She grinned awkwardly, leaning into the bench. 

'Anyway, have you seen others? Hey, wait... Pikachu!' Y/N's beam widened slowly as she leapt up and rushed over to Kirishima and Kaminari, who had just entered. 'Thank goodness you guys passed! Where's Katsuki?' 'Good job on passing first, Y/N.' Kirishima congratulated the girl, hugging her. 'And Hothead's over there.'

'Wait, how'd you know I was the one who took down ninety-one players?' Y/N cocked her head curiously. Kaminari's eyes bugged. 'You were the one who passed first?' He yelled, gesticulating wildly. 'Um...' Y/N scuffled her foot. 'Yeah?' 'That's so cool!' Kaminari exclaimed, jumping into the air, earning an amused giggle from the girl. 'You seem even more excited than I do, Pikachu.'

'Definitely! One of my best friends killed ninety-one people by herself!'

Y/N laughed, ruffling Kaminari's hair. But soon, her cheerful expression faded. 'There are only ten more spots left and nine of 1A have yet to pass. It's not looking ver-' An arm dragged her away from the two boys. The girl was just about to whack the mysterious person on the face when her eyes focused onto the familiar red and white hair.

Shoto led the baffled girl into a secluded corner, gesturing for her to sit down. When Y/N refused to comply, the heterochromatic boy growled lowly, pinning his girlfriend onto the wall. 'What is the purpose of this?' Y/N questioned, a pink blush slowly spreading across her flustered features.

'I'm sorry.' Shoto mumbled, planting his face into the crook of the brunette's neck, his lips grazing Y/N's exposed collarbone lightly. 'You were right.' He muttered, his hot breath making Y/N squirm slightly as the warmth contrasted starkly with the frigid air conditioning of the congregation room. 'Will you forgive me?'

'O... okay.' Y/N squeaked, standing stiffly with her arms clamped tightly to her sides. 'But only if you never accuse me of things again.' 'Fair enough.' Shoto relaxed against the shell shocked girl, who slowly regained her composure and carefully wrapped her arms around the boy. Despite his fearsome reputation, Y/N knew how frail the boy truly was, deep down. Despite his occasional coldness and accidental rudeness, how could she not love him?

She knew it was a fatal weakness, loving someone so much. But she couldn't help it, could she?

'For the one hundred of you who passed the first round, please turn your attention to the screen.' Mera's voice suddenly boomed through the loudspeaker. 'There's only one more round for the exam.' He slurred, as thousands of explosions rattled the battleground, destroying every building or standing structure in sight. 'Your goal is simple. Undertake rescue exercises and save bystanders who are trapped in these disasters. Use this time to show off how you would carry out successful rescue procedures once you receive your provisional licenses. Treat this as though it was a real thing.'

Y/N gasped sharply. 'Are those... little kids and old people?'

'These specialists have been trained as professionals in need of rescuing. They're very popular. Introducing the Help Us Company, also known as HUC for short. The HUC actors have dressed up as injured victims and have been located throughout the disaster sites. We'll be judging how well you keep them safe as you go about your mission. Oh, by the way, we'll be scoring you on a point system. If you have more points than the benchmark by the time the exercise comes to an end, then you pass the exam. We'll start in ten minutes. Take care of the necessary operations now.' 

'Water.' Y/N's eyes lit up as she spotted bottles of mineral water laid out neatly on a buffet table.

...

'Hey, take it easy!' An amused voice rang out beside a red faced Y/N, who was chugging down her third bottle of mineral water. 'I think that's enough.' Y/N burst out, gulping for air as she turned to a grinning Kirishima. 'Should keep me from getting dehydrated too easily. But just in case...' She swiped an extra two bottles of water off the wooden table, tucking them safely into two pouches sewn into her utility belt.

'Actually, I think you were right, Kiri. I think I might have to pee now!' She squealed, hopping off towards the toilet. 'Bye!' Kirishima laughed. 'That girl's antics are going to be the death of us. It's almost impossible to tell she's one of our top students.'

'What's happening?' The brunette questioned curiously as she came back out of the toilet, only to be faced by thick tension between Shoto and Inasa. She joined Izuku, who shrugged in confusion. 'You definitely still have your father's eyes.' Inasa stated curtly as he turned and left with a flourish of his cape.

Y/N reeled back in shock. 'Is this some sort of unspoken rivalry or some shit?'

'Hey, you okay?' The silver eyed girl quizzed as she laid a hand on Shoto's shoulder. 'You know that what he said isn't true, right?' Shoto's face remained blank, but Y/N could see the uncertainty behind the mask. 'Right?' She pressed, taking his hands. 'Sho?'

When she got no reply, Y/N sighed. 'Answer me, Shoto.' She prodded gently, placing her hand on his cheek, to which the boy flinched. But yet again, the girl was left with no answer. 'We'll talk later.' Y/N decided with a slight tone of finality. 'For now, good luck.'

The girl kissed her boyfriend on the cheek softly, before stepping back just as the screen lit up again.

'Villains have performed a large scale terrorist attack on the facilities here. Since most of the buildings have collapsed, many are injured. Until the rescue teams arrive, the heroes will have to take charge here. Your task is to save as many people as you can and tend to the injured. And with that...'

'Begin!'