𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝒉𝑖𝑛' 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑚𝑒

ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿ ᵗᵉˡˡˢ ᵐᵉ
ʷᵉ ᵃⁱⁿ'ᵗ ᵍᵒⁿ' ˡᵃˢᵗ ᵇᵃᵇʸ
ʷᵉ ᵃⁱⁿ'ᵗ ᵍᵒⁿ' ˡᵃˢᵗ ᵇᵃ-ᵇᵃᵇʸ

ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿ' ᵗᵉˡˡˢ ᵐᵉ - ᵇʳʸˢᵒⁿ ᵗⁱˡˡᵉʳ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

56 missed calls and 15 voicemails

And they were all Danny. Alaina also had a couple of calls from Naya and Evan. She figured Evan would call seeing as she spent the night at the house with Roddy.

She decided to call Danny first. She put the phone to her ear as she listened to it ring. It rang like five times before he answered. She heard some shuffling from his end before he spoke up.

"Hey"

"Hope I didn't wake you up" she said.

"Nah. What happened to you? I been calling you since yesterday but you ain't been answering"

"I was out with Evan and I ain't have no service" she lied.

"You could've at least called back"he grumbled.

"I was so tired, I slept off and forgot. I'm sorry"

"It's cool. I should be the one apologizing for allat shit I said yesterday. That was outta line and I shouldn't have called you out your name like that. I'm sorry" he apologized.

"It's fine" she said.

"I actually wanted to ask you if-" a voice from his end of the line cut her off.

"Is that Lay? Tell her I said hi" a female said.

"My mum says hi" he revealed.

"Tell her I said hi too" Alaina reciprocated.

"Will do. Look I feel like you still mad at me so I just wanna apologize again. I'm sorry if I trip sometimes. It ain't like ion trust you. I really do. It's just that I'm scared that imma lose you to your ex or some shit like that. And sometimes I feel like I already have with the way you ain't been answering my calls or even responding to texts lately. I guess I gotta understand that you're busy. But hey, you gon' come back to New York in two weeks right?" He asked.

"Y-yeah" she answered.

"Cool. We'll talk then. My mum needs me"

"Yeah. We'll talk then"

"I love you" he said.

"Me too" she replied, not bringing herself to say the three words back to him.

"Bye" he hung up and she sighed. What he said hit hard. She felt extremely guilty for being unfaithful. Of course she was in love with Roddy. But she was in a relationship with Danny and she owed him her loyalty. Her mother had always told her that it was loyalty over love and this was the time to actually stand by what she had said.