𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑔𝑜 𝑏𝑦

ˢᵉᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᶠᵃᶜᵉ-ᵗᵒ-ᶠᵃᶜᵉ ⁱ'ᵐ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵃʸˢ ʷᵉ ᵘˢᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ
ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵃ ˢᶜᵉⁿᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵃ ˢᶜᵉⁿᵉ

ˡⁱᵏᵉ ⁱ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ʸᵒᵘ - ᵍⁱᵛᵉᵒⁿ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

"Um...Evan?" Lay called Evan, who was on her bed, as she unpacked.

"Wassup?"

"When you said you was gonna pack for me, I didn't think you meant just underwear" she said, going through all the clothes in the suitcase.

"Whatchu talmbout? I packed clothes too"

"Well in that case" she lifted up a pair of very small shorts. "The clothes need more....clothes"

"Stop being so dramatic. You still gon' wear 'em" he said, typing away on his phone. A knock at the door took her attention away from a very annoying Evan.

"Yeah?" She opened the door to see her mum.

"Bree nem here to see you" she informed her.

Bree? Nem? How did they even know she was back? Or where she was staying?

Only one answer came to her mind.

Zee.

She made a mental note to stab Zee later before flashing her mum a smile.

"I'll be down in a minute"

_

"Iono what the fuck y'all doing here but ion like it" Roddy complained as he pulled up to John's house.

"Relax. We just wanna say hi to your crush" Relly teased and he mugged him.

"I think what Relly meant to say was your ex that you have absolutely no feelings whatsoever for anymore" Cass corrected and everybody snickered at how red-faced Roddy was.

Come to think of it, Roddy Red-face had a nice ring to it. It'd surely stick around for the rest of the week.

"Whatever. I ain't coming"

"We already knew you wasn't" Bird said as everybody except Roddy got down from the car. He watched as they walked up to the front door and Donbo knocked instead of just simply ringing the doorbell.

Stupid ass.

Maria came out first. She smiled at them and they talked for a while before she went back into the house. Soon enough, the door opened again and Alaina stepped out. Before Roddy could get a good look at her, they all attacked her, pulling her into a group hug.

"Guys! Guys! I can't breathe!" she laughed as she struggled to get out their iron grips. The sound of her laugh tightened Roddy's chest. It brought back so many memories of late night conversations and pillow talks where they would make as many bad jokes as humanly possible.

When Winter, the last person to pull away, finally stepped away from her, he got a good view of her. She had changed. She looked very different. She had lost weight. But she wasn't skinny in the sense of unhealthy. It was more like she had been working out. Which was very unlike her.

In fact, she looked better than she did the last time he had seen her. That was probably because she wasn't pointlessly arguing with him like she was the last time. He wasn't draining all her energy over trivial things.

She looked happier.

Maybe he did make the right choice by leaving her.

He watched as she talked to the others and occasionally playfully pushed Winter's shoulder. Suddenly, the smile on her face dropped when Bree said something and Kris smacked the back of her head.

He guessed they had told her that he was there because she looked in his direction for a brief second before she looked away and turned back to them. She flipped her hair a little and shook her head. A singular act that brought thousands of memories back to him.

Memories of how she'd always flip her hair to the side and scrunch her nose up in that cute way that he liked whenever she was frustrated.

Soon, the smile on her face was back but it wasn't as bright as before. She slightly scratched her nose before laughing at something Bird said.

He still couldn't get over how beautiful she looked. Like she had a major glow up in the past two years. Her hair was shinier. Her skin was clearer. Her smile was even more dazzling.

He was really bad for her.

All that long distance relationship shit really wasn't worth it. It was just toxic. Didn't do nobody no good.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by his phone ringing. He looked down at the phone sitting in the cupholder and saw 'Allie' on the caller ID. Letting out a sigh, he picked his phone up and answered the call.

"Where are you?!" She yelled and he immediately moved the phone away from his ear. "You were supposed to pick me up from the spa fifteen minutes ago!"

"Relax Allie. Me and the guys was just-"

"No fuck that! Ion care what you and the guys was doing! Ion even care if you was fucking dying! Come get me now! All this damn yelling ain't even good for me" she mumbled the last part before hanging up.

When did his life get this difficult?

He ran a hand over his face and sighed before starting the car up. He honked at the others to let them know he was ready to leave. They all took turns in hugging Alaina goodbye before walking back to the car.

"Mane you shoulda come out to say hi to her mum at least. That's common courtesy" Relly said.

"In the car in five seconds or I'm courtesying my ass outta here" he threatened.

"Don't even make no damn sense"

"Ion care"

××

New book and I still don't like Allie🤢

Don't forget to vote and comment
Thanks

Not edited.