𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠

ᵃ ᵗᵃᵇˡᵉ ˢᵉᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʷᵒ
ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒᵗ ᵐᵉ ʷᵃⁱᵗⁱⁿ' ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃⁱⁿ'ᵗ ᶜᵒᵐⁱⁿ' ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ
ᵗʳʸ ᵗᵒ ˢᵗᵃʸ ᵖᵃᵗⁱᵉⁿᵗ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵍᵒᵗᵗᵃ ᶠᵃᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʳᵘᵗʰ

ˡⁱᵏᵉ ⁱ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ʸᵒᵘ - ᵍⁱᵛᵉᵒⁿ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

Roddy tried to smile but he couldn't.

Not when his other half was a whole two thousand and sum' miles away from him.

Christmas was tomorrow and he was trying to come to terms with the fact that she wouldn't be there when he woke up tomorrow. She wouldn't be there to wake him up immediately it was dawn just so they could open presents. She wouldn't be there with a big ass camera pointed at his face because she didn't want to miss any moment.

He stared down at the small box in his hands. He thought he had planned everything really well.

Nothing was supposed to go wrong.

"This shit crazy mane" Bree hollered as she walked out of the kitchen with a big bottle of wine.

"We needa pop that" Donbo said.

"Let's do it then" Relly declared.

"You in, lil bird?" Bird asked Roddy, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Nah" he shook his head. He wasn't in the mood to drink. Not at the moment. They all shrugged it off and got to popping the bottle.

"Hey" Cass said, sliding over to sit beside him. He barely looked up at her before looking back down at the black velvet box.

"You know she would've been here if she could right?" She reminded him. She had been on the phone with Zee earlier and she had told her that Alaina had gotten really upset when she found out that all the flights out to California had been cancelled because of the weather.

"Yeah. I know" he muttered. He wasn't mad. He was just kinda...... exasperated. It was like every time they finally had a chance to be together, something had to come in-between them. First it was Allie. Then Danny. Then Allie again. Now it was the stupid weather.

He was tired.

"She'll be here. Before New year's. Trust me" Cass tried to make him feel better but she could see that what she was saying wasn't going anywhere.

Knowing Roddy, he'd probably be in a mood till she finally got there.

"Imma head out y'all" he said, standing up and tucking the small box back into his jacket pocket.

"Where you going?" Kris asked, taking a sip of the wine they had opened.

"Out for some air" he simply answered and walked out the door, closing it behind him.

-

Alaina couldn't remember California being this cold ever. Maybe it was because she only had on a t-shirt and basketball shorts. Judging the events that had taken place in the last six hours, she didn't really have time for wardrobe changes and all that. She knew she probably looked like a maniac on the loose but she couldn't care less.

"Relax. We got like......three more hours before Christmas" Evan told her after he noticed how restless she was.

"You sure?" She asked and he nodded in response. That gave her a little assurance.

"Ok"

-

Roddy couldn't remember the house ever being this empty. It was new house and they hadn't really had time to move in fully but it was a different kind of empty.

It was missing a presence.

It was missing Alaina.

This was exactly what he had feared when she had told him about her plans of going to New York and it had come true.

His phone buzzed as a text message popped up on his screen.

Bird 🦅♿

hope you ain't thinking too much

He smiled at that. He appreciated the kind of friends he had. They were steady checking on him, making sure he was good. He just wanted to do something for them and show them that he appreciated them.

Another one came in.

Wint❄️

we finna order sum'
on you tho💀

But then again, they could be stupid sometimes. He appreciated them either way. He wouldn't have them either way.

He started to reply to Bird's text when a knock at the door interrupted him.

That was strange. He didn't think any of the others knew about this place. Maybe it was one of those people that went door-to-door singing Christmas carols.

He sighed and stood up to go open the door, not expecting much.

But when he opened the door, he was shocked.

There she was. Standing just before him in nothing but a thin t-shirt and some basketball shorts.

"Lay?" He asked, not completely believing his eyes.

-

It was a long story. She, Evan and Zee had to drive all the way to a town right outside New York and then take two flights just to get to California before Christmas. Zee had come up with the idea and it sounded too crazy not to work.

Hell, the last ten hours had been nothing but crazy.

But at least she was here now.

"I missed you" she said, reaching out to hug Roddy, who immediately returned it, relieved to see her.

"I thought you said you wouldn't get back till the 27th? What happened?" He asked, moving aside so she could come in.

"It's a long story" she told him, coming in. She let out a sigh at the warmth of the house. Outside had been really cold and she had felt like a pack of peas in the freezer.

"Whatever. I'm just glad that you're finally here" he said.

"I'm glad I'm finally here too" she smiled and stood up on her tiptoes to capture his lips in a kiss. His hands immediately darted around her waist as he pulled her into him. She broke the kiss and gently pushed him down onto the couch, proceeding to straddle him. Their tongues battled for dominance as she slowly grinded against him. His hands moved down to her derriere and hers wrapped tightly around his neck. She let out a low moan and he smiled into the kiss.

They were suddenly interrupted by the front door opening and they immediately pulled apart.

"Sorry to interrupt but the Uber driver left because Evan kept tryna flirt with him" Zee said as she walked in with Evan behind her.

"I did not" Evan denied.

×××

Another update in one night.

I ain't done this in so long.
Damn.

Don't forget to vote and comment
Thanks

not edited.