𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠?

ⁱ ˢᵃⁱᵈ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ʰᵘʳᵗᶠᵘˡ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ
ⁱ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ⁱᵗ ʰᵘʳᵗˢ ᵐʸ ᵠᵘᵉᵉⁿ

ʷⁱⁿᵉ 4 ᵐᵉ - ʸⁿʷ ᵐᵉˡˡʸ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

"Look who finally came back to California. You done running?"

His voice still echoed in her head even three days after their encounter. What baffled her the most was the animosity behind his words. Did he really hate her that much? He sounded like he did.

She didn't blame him though. Shit, she would hate herself too. It wasn't like she ran. She had options. She just didn't play her cards right.

"I feel like my life is just starting" Alaina revealed to Roddy.

"Just starting?" He repeated. "So what we shared is completely irrelevant?"

"Now you know that's not what I mean-"

"No, that's exactly what the fuck you meant!" He blew out a breath in an attempt to calm himself down. "I knew this shit would happen. I just knew it"

"What's that supposed to mean, Rodrick?"

"It means you're always fucking running!"

"From what?!"

"Commitment!" He responded.

"I'm not running from commitment"

"Then why the fuck are we even having this conversation then? Tell me you gon' turn down the offer"

"I'm not gon' do that"

"This is bullshit!" he cursed.

"You said you was gonna be supportive of me!" she reminded him.

"All that shit don't matter! You bouta leave!"

"We can do long distanc-"

"Mane that shit don't work. You know how hard it is waking up in the morning without you there? Driving and you ain't in the front seat? No kisses. No hugs. No smiles. I can't do that anymore. I want you. All of you. Come with me back to California"

"I........ can't" she said, her eyes welling up with tears.

"Is this about the family issue? It's cool. I can wait till whenever you're ready. I promise. Just please, say you gon' come with me". He stretched out his hand for her to take it.

"I'm sorr-" her voice cracked as the tears fell.

"Nah. I'm sorry. Sorry for wasting my damn time with this. Shoulda listened to Durkio when I had the chance. Don't ever put your all into a bitch 'cause she gon’ leave" he quoted Lil Durk in 'Possible'.

"Come on Wayne. Don't say shit like that" . She tried to grab him but he stepped back, heading towards the door.

"Nah nah. I get it. This was never about me and you. Only thing you care about is yourself"

"Now you know that ain't true" she said.

"Ion even know what the truth is anymore" he replied. "Have fun with your 'model' life".

"Wayne do-". He was gone before she could finish, the slamming of the door cutting her off.

"Lay?" Her mum's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and she wiped the single tear that had escaped her eyes. "You good, honey?"

"Yeah yeah. I'm fine. I was just going through a couple of ideas for the uh....cake" she lied, pointing at the open magazine in front of her.

"First of all....that's Teen Vogue" her mum pointed out, leaning against the table. "And you post ta know that you can't like to your mama. I birthed you. I know you lying when you lying or not. So tell me what's wrong witchu"

"Ain't nun' wrong ma" Alaina denied, standing up.

"Chile sitcho lying ass down". Maria put her hand of both of Alaina's shoulders and pushed her back down on the seat.

"This about Rodrick?" She asked and Alaina did a double take.

"How did you-"

"Zee told me" she explained. "I'm sure he didn't mean what he said at the church. He was still hurting from what happened in New York"

"How d-"

"Again. Zee told me. Stop being so slow" she said. "Anyway, what I mean is, y'all just misunderstood each other. He saw it as you leaving but you saw it as your uh... stepping stone to greater heights"

That's not....that's not why we broke up" Alaina revealed.

"Really?"

"He came back after that. We tried to talk it out. Shit got outta control. I said some things I shouldn't have. He said some things he shouldn't have. The whole thing is so complicated but um....ion think Rodrick and I can ever be um..... friends again"

××

Sorry for the short chapter.
More spice and drama coming up

Don't forget to vote and comment
Thanks

Not edited.