𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑜

ᵇᵘᵗ ᵖˡᵃʸᵉʳˢ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ᵘᵖ, ᵐʸ ᵇᵃᵈ
ᵃⁿᵈ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᶜʳʸⁱⁿᵍ, ⁱ ˡᵃᵘᵍʰ

ᵇᵉʷᵃʳᵉ - ᵇⁱᵍ ˢᵉᵃⁿ ᶠᵉᵃᵗᵘʳⁱⁿᵍ ˡⁱˡ ʷᵃʸⁿᵉ, ʲʰᵉⁿᵉ ᵃⁱᵏᵒ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

"Hello?" Evan answered groggily, the sleep not quite out his system yet.

"Hey" Alaina muttered. "I know it's really fucking late and I probably woke you up and everything but could you-" she paused, unable to trust her wavering voice.

"Lay? What is it?" He asked her, getting worried.

"Could you come get me? Please? I don't wanna stay here anymore" she begged, her voice giving in to the sobs she was trying to suppress.

"Lay baby, are you okay?"

He could hear sniffling on her end of the line and a little bit of shuffling too.

"Do you need me to call Zee?"

"No" she answered immediately. "Please don't. It's a thirty-minute drive from her place and I really don't wanna be a bother and it's-"

"I'm on my way honey. Just give me five minutes"

"Could you-" a sob from her cut off her question but Evan could already tell what she was about to ask.

"Of course I'll stay on the phone with you, love. You don't even have to ask"

-

It was pathetic really.

He was pathetic.

So pathetic it was almost laughable.

What a twisted reality he was living.

His throat burned as he emptied yet another cup of liquor into his mouth, the brown liquid sloshing down his throat to add to the beyond unhealthy amount he had already taken.

Funny how his life was crumbling down to pieces faster than he could blink and all he wanted to do was laugh.

He wanted to laugh at himself.

The one thing he had wanted more than anything else in the world, that one person, his person, he couldn't even keep.

"I'm never gonna hate you. Nothing could ever change the way I feel about you"

The brief thought of that made him let out a choked laugh.

"Liar" he mumbled, stumbling out of the kitchen, the bottle of liquor in his steely grip.

He knew he'd make a liar out of her eventually.

He knew he'd ruin her.

He always ruined everything.

All he really had going for him was this music thing and even that was starting to crumble.

He wondered how it would be when she wasn't there anymore.

No more coming back to home cooked meals. No more movie nights that would end with them binge watching The Simpsons because he was too scared to go to sleep. No more pillow talk about the most random things in the world. No more silly arguments about said pillow talks. No more laughs shared here and there over nothing. No more long bubble baths together. No more head rubs. No more cuddles.

No more her.

He had really done it this time.

And he didn't even think he had a chance of getting her back. Not that he wanted to. She had been through enough already.

He didn't deserve her. Not even a little. And some part of him was elated that she was finally leaving him. All he had been doing was hurt her anyway.

He could still remember the look on her face when he had finally come clean.

He didn't think he'd ever forget it.

The look she had given him could easily send chills down his spine. It was like disgust mixed with anger and a little bit of hurt.

Just like he had predicted.

A small yipping sound dragged his attention to the Yorkshire terrier at his feet.

"Hey buddy" he said, leaning down to scoop the dog up with his free hand.

"You not gon' leave me too, are you?" He asked the animal, even though he knew he wouldn't get a reply.

Amir was technically Alaina's dog but she hadn't wanted to take him with her because he had bought him. She didn't want anything to do with him.

"You gon' stay here with me right?" He asked again and got a small yip in return. That made him smile a bit.

At least he wouldn't be completely alone.

-

"I'm here" Evan said into the phone as he put his car on park. He clambered out of it and up the front steps of the house, not even bothering to close the car door.

"Wait outside please" her voice was so small, he almost missed it.

"Okay. I'm here. I'm waiting"

He didn't have the slightest idea of what was going on but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't worried. He had never heard her sound like that ever before. And it scared him.

-

Liar

You said you'd always be here

You said nothing could change how you felt about me

You said you wouldn't ever leave me alone.

His voice still echoed in her head, even hours after she had left. Even after she had cried herself a migraine. Even after her eyes were red and puffy and she was all cried out with no tears left.

His words had been slurred because of the alcohol he had taken but she could still make out all he had said perfectly.

Her swollen eyes flickered down to the broken screen of the phone in her hands, her thumb running across the screen to feel the jagged surface of the glass.

She had thrown it across the room in a fit when she had been trying to hastily pack up her things. She had just wanted to get away from him as fast as possible.

He hadn't even tried to stop her, preferring to cradle his bottle of liquor in the living room.

And even though she wanted nothing more than to leave, she had maybe wanted him to try to at least stop. Even if she knew she wouldn't listen to him.

If that even made any sense.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" Evan asked, his head sticking into the room. He would've been in there with her but she had wanted to be alone for now.

That was all it took for her to break down again, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Oh poor baby" Evan cooed as he walked into the room to comfort her.

-

The slightly sparkling object on the floor caught Wayne's attention before any other thing in the room.

Slowly bending over, he picked it up, eyebrows scrunching up in confusion before he realized what it was.

A humorless laugh left his lips as he looked down at the ring, the diamond now fully shining under the lights in the room.

"She's really done with me now" he thought out loud.

And somehow, the sound of his heart breaking was louder than any other thing, echoing in the otherwise empty room as finally, he too, let the tears fall.

××

y'all got Instagram?
let's follow each other🤗

don't forget to vote and comment
thanks

not edited.