𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝒉𝑖𝑛𝑔

ˢᵃʸ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ, ⁱ'ᵐ ᵍⁱᵛⁱⁿᵍ ᵘᵖ ᵒⁿ ʸᵒᵘ
ⁱ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ
ᵃⁿʸʷʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ'ᵛᵉ ᶠᵒˡˡᵒʷᵉᵈ ʸᵒᵘ
ˢᵃʸ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ, ⁱ'ᵐ ᵍⁱᵛⁱⁿᵍ ᵘᵖ ᵒⁿ ʸᵒᵘ

ˢᵃʸ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ - ᵃ ᵍʳᵉᵃᵗ ᵇⁱᵍ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ᶠᵉᵃᵗᵘʳⁱⁿᵍ ᶜʰʳⁱˢᵗⁱⁿᵃ ᵃᵍᵘⁱˡᵉʳᵃ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

"Are you okay?" Zee asked, her heart aching at the sight of the shell of what used to be her vibrant best friend.

She looked like she hadn't been getting enough sleep. She had huge bags underneath her eyes and her eyes were red rimmed too.

No matter how much she tried to deny it, she knew she wasn't okay.

"I'm fine" Alaina lied, eyes still trained on her now ruined nails. She had fiddled with them so much that she had broken them right off.

"No you're not" she shook her head. "You're not okay. You don't gotta lie to me. I'm your best friend"

"No really. I'm fine" Alaina insisted, giving her a small smile, the most she could muster at the moment.

"Lay" she called softly, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

That seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

"Am I not good enough?" Alaina broke down, hugging Zee and burying her face in her shirt, probably drenching it with tears too.

"Let it out honey. Just let it all out" Zee rubbed her back soothingly, watching as she turned into a blubbering mess in a matter of seconds.

"I tried. I really did" she sobbed, sniffling a bit.

"Tell me what happened sweetie. Tell me everything" she encouraged her.

"I t-tried to t-t-talk to h-him" Alaina started. "And h-he....h-he.....h-h-he"

"He what?"

"He doesn't wanna get married any more" she finally spat out, more tears flooding her eyes.

The revelation made Zee scrunch up her face in confusion.

He didn't want to get married anymore?

"Whatchu mean he don't wanna get married anymore?" She asked.

"He said he only proposed because he didn't want me to-"

The rest of the sentence got muffled out when she buried her head in Zee's shirt again but Zee seemed to understand exactly what she meant.

"Oh hell no. Where exactly is he? I'm bout to give him a piece of my damn mind!" She declared, moving to stand up.

"No" Alaina cried, holding onto her tighter. "Please don't do anything. I swear it's not that-"

"Not that what? Serious? You're crying your fucking eyes out! Of course it's that fucking serious!" She yelled.

"Please don't yell at me" she sobbed even more.

"I don't understand it. Why the fuck are you so scared of him? Like why the hell are you- oh my God, did he hit you? Does he hit you? Cause I swear on my fucking life, if that motherfucker put his hands on you, we gon' have a proble-"

"He didn't" she cut her off. "He doesn't hit me"

"Then why are you shaking like that?!" She questioned her even more.