𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑'𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛

ⁱᵗ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ'ᵛᵉ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ, ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱ ʷᵃˢ ʷʳᵒⁿᵍ

ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ'ᵛᵉ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ - ʰ.ᵉ.ʳ ᶠᵉᵃᵗᵘʳⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳʸˢᵒⁿ ᵗⁱˡˡᵉʳ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

This was it

This was it.

Today was the day. Her mother was getting married today. Alaina couldn't tell if she was the one getting married or her mother. She had basically arranged everything and it kinda felt like it was her big day too.

"You nervous?" Alaina asked her mother, who had been staring at herself in the mirror all morning.

"I don't know. Do you think he really wants to marry me?"

"Don't do that. Unt unt. Don't do that shit now"

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't doubt y'all relationship now. Y'all been together for like what? Three years?"

"It's four actually" her mother corrected.

"See? Y'all done put four years into this relationship. If he didn't want to marry you, he wouldn't waste his time and yours. I'm a hunnid percent sure he's madly in love with you and wants to spend the rest of his life with you. All you gotta do is go out there and get married to him" Alaina told her.

"You really think so?"

"Hell yeah. Besides, you a bad bitch. And a bad bitch ain't post ta doubt her self worth"

"I know that's right" Maria smiled. "I oughta pop you in the mouth for allat damn cursing you been doing. Not right now tho. I'm too happy. Imma do that later" she said and Alaina laughed.

"Now let's get you married"

_

"Dear beloved and honoured guests" the priest started. "We are gathered together here to join John Morgan and Maria Lewis in the union of marriage. This contract is not to be entered into lightly but thoughtfully and seriously, and with a deep realization of its obligations and responsibilities. The bride and groom have each prepared vows, which they will read now"

John went first. He held her hands tighter and cleared his throat.

"When I first met you, I didn't know what to expect. You were a fireball. You were and still are an enigma. You're ethereal. In fact, you're utterly indescribable by words. There's no noun on this planet that can describe what I feel for you. I'm utterly devoted to you and I know for sure that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And you know what they say. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible, y'know?"

Alaina found his vows really sweet. Really really sweet. But it gave her a sense of nostalgia.

"Can I let you in on a little secret?" Roddy asked.