𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑒

ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᵗʰⁱˢ ʰᵉⁿⁿᵉˢˢʸ ⁱˢ ˢᵒ ˢᵗʳᵒⁿᵍ ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ ⁿᵒʷ
ⁱ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᶜᵃʳᵉ ⁱᶠ ⁱ'ᵐ ʷʳᵒⁿᵍ ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ ⁿᵒʷ

ʷʰᵃᵗᶜʰᵃᵐᵃᶜᵃˡˡⁱᵗ - ᵉˡˡᵃ ᵐᵃⁱ ᶠᵉᵃᵗᵘʳⁱⁿᵍ ᶜʰʳⁱˢ ᵇʳᵒʷⁿ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

It had literally happened so fast that Alaina couldn't even comprehend what had triggered him.

One minute, she had literally just been talking to Wayne about how she wanted them to spend Thanksgiving together with the others and the next, he had flared up.

He had blatantly kicked against the idea, which she still didn't understand why, and she was just trying to get him to think about it a little bit more.

Next thing she knew, they were yelling at each other and getting up in each other's faces.

All she had done was suggest that they all had dinner together, Vanessa included.

Vanessa.

That was it.

Ever since Vanessa had shown up, he had been acting different. He had been a little more quieter and much more inquisitive, trying to know every single thing she did with Vanessa.

Like he was trying to protect something.

Or at the very least, prevent her from finding out something.

She just didn't know what.

Footsteps coming down the stairs snapped her out of her thoughts, her eyes flickering up to meet his.

He let out a low grunt, jiggling the keys in his hand as he walked towards the door.

"Where you going?" She asked him, even though she already knew he wouldn't answer.

He never did when he was in a mood.

"Rodric-"

"Out" he grumbled, throwing the front door open.

"But it's almost e-" she was cut off by the slam of the door behind him.

With an eye roll, she sighed and relaxed back into the couch.

She really hated him when he was in a mood.

-

"Keith Powers? Sign me up" Vanessa giggled as she dropped the remote control on the coffee table, next to her cup of tea.

Since she had the whole house to herself, seeing as her sister and her boyfriend were out of town, she figured she'd take the time to unwind and relax.

She didn't even see the point of Cassie convincing her to stay if she was just going to leave town the next day.

A knock at the door interrupted her impromptu me-time and she let out a frustrated sigh, getting up to go open the door.

The door wasn't even fully open yet before Wayne barged in, slightly knocking her back.

"Woah at least wait till it's open" Vanessa said, giving him a look.

"Where's Relly?" He asked, disregarding what she had just said.

"Have you been drinking?" She asked another question, taking note of the smell of liquor that radiated from him.

"Where is he?" He repeated.

"Out of town goddamn. I thought he told you? And you still ain't answered my question"