𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝑜𝑢𝑐𝒉

ˡᵃˢᵗ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ⁱ ˢᵃʷ ʸᵒᵘ, ʷᵉ ᵈⁱᵈⁿ'ᵗ ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏ, ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃˢ ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉ
ᵍᵘᵉˢˢ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ⁱ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵈᵒ, ᵐᵃⁿ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵗʳᵘᵉ, ᵉˣᵉˢ ᶜʰᵃⁿᵍᵉ

ᵉˣᶜʰᵃⁿᵍᵉ - ᵇʳʸˢᵒⁿ ᵗⁱˡˡᵉʳ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

"Roses or daisies?"

"Roses or daisies?"

That was the question that Alaina had been asked the most this morning. By her mom. By Zee. And now by the wedding planner.

"I'm still waiting" Rosie, the wedding planner said, pulling Lay out of her thoughts.

"Right. I think roses. Roses right?" She turned back to Zee for confirmation and Zee shrugged.

"Don't look at me. I ain't your mama"

"Well get her on the phone then instead of just standing there". Zee threw a glare her way before pulling out her phone to call Maria. Lay turned back around to see Rosie looking up at her expectantly. Even though she would never admit it, she was kind of glad that Rosie was shorter than she was. It boosted her self confidence in a way.

"She said roses but if you feel like daisies are better, go with those. But then she really wants to check out pansies and sunflowers" Zee reported back.

"What? She said that? How the- gimme the phone. Gimme the phone". Lay took the phone from Zee and brought it up to her ears.

"What typa flowers you said you want for your uh...decor?" She asked.

"Roses. White roses. Not pink. Not gold. Not black. Not green. N-"

"Green?"

"Yes honey, there's green roses too" Maria repeated.

Although Lay had never seen or even heard about green roses, she held her tongue. Asking further questions would just prolong the conversation.

"It's time for our mud bath, Maria" a voice called from her end of the line. Even though the voice was kinda distant, Lay could recognise Evan's voice anywhere.

"Mud bath? Are you at a spa? With Evan?!" Lay asked.

"Honey that's absurd. Of course no-"

"Maria they have Himalayan lilacs!" Naya called out and she raised an eyebrow.

"And Naya too?"

"You got it wrong. We ain't at a sp-"

"This is gonna be the best spa day ever!" Evan yelled at the back.

"You were saying?" She deadpanned.

"White roses. Strictly white. Bye" Maria said and immediately hung up, making Lay suck her teeth.

What a model mother.

_

Apparently, wedding planners were very precise on the kind of things they needed because Rosie had made Alaina and Zee go through a thousand pictures of different floral arrangements made of the same fucking flowers and they were sick of it.

"Now this one" Rosie started, swiping to the next picture of another arrangement. "This is an ancient arrangement style. It was popular among the West Indies in 800BC. It includes a rare type of rose that only grows on the tip top of the cliff, right beside Angel Falls. It is believed that if one has these flowers on her wedding day, her marital life will be one of joy and happine-"

"How much tho?" Zee cut her off, already tired of the history lesson.

"About $50,000" she answered and their eyes almost popped out the sockets.

"That much? For a bunch of flowers that's prolly gon' die 'fore the next day?"

"Oh...okay. How bout this one? The style is actually Peruvian and if your mother's into all these um... historic-"

"She's not" Alaina cut in.

"Oh....kay. The next one's German and it actually mean-"

"We in the house!" Bree's voice came as the doors burst open. "Who wants some sugar?!". Bird smacked the back of her head as the others piled in behind him with boxes of pizza and drinks.

"How y'all know we was here?" Alaina asked. She gave Rosie a timeout sign and Rosie nodded, stepping aside to make some calls.

"I texted them. Someone had to bring the food" Zee said, taking a box of pizza from Donbo, who frowned at the loss of food.

"What's good shawty? You looking like a snack right now" Winter complimented Alaina, licking her lips.

"Back up, Wint. We in a church"

"So lemme eat you like you the holy communion, bab-"

"Did you put crack in your oatmeal again?"

"Ion eat oatmeal" Winter denied. "I eat pussy". She pretended to bite the air and Relly smacked the back of her neck from behind.

"Ignore her. She mad high right now" he explained and Alaina nodded in understanding.

"So you been cooped up in this church since morning talmbout flowers?" Kris asked.

"All morning" she confirmed. "All types of floral arrangements. Egyptian. Peruvian. German. Indian. African. I think I learned a whole lot more today than I ever did in high school"

"It be like that sometimes, shawty"

"Shut up winter" Relly said and hit her again.

Even though she didn't want to, Alaina couldn't help but notice that Roddy wasn't with them. Did he find out where they were going and dip? Or was he actually preoccupied with work? Or his girlfriend? She didn't even know why she was thinking about it. She was glad he didn't come with them. It would have been so awkward.

"So we gon' eat or what?" Bird asked, eager to bite into a slice of Domino's meatlover's pizza.

"Hol' on. I gotta use the bathroom real quick" Alaina said, walking towards the door.

"There's a bathroom in this bitch?" Winter piped up and yet again, Relly smacked her head.

"Dang dawg, you gotta stop hitting me. Getting my brain all jumbled" she complained and Alaina giggled. She had really missed Winter and her antics.

"You gon' go to the bathroom and or stand there?" Bird's voice came, reminding her of what she wanted to do.

"Right"

She opened the door and rushed out, bumping into someone in the process.

"So-" her breath hitched in her throat as she looked up at who it was.

"Hey"

××

Okay I think imma just end it here.
See y'all in the next chapter.

I got a question tho......even though it's kinda dumb
Does this book count as a fanfiction or nah?

Don't forget to vote and comment
Thanks

Not edited.