𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡𝒉𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑

ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ⁱ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ˡᵒˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ⁿᵒʷ
ⁱ'ᵐ ˡᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿ' ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ʰᵃˡᶠ ᵒᶠ ᵐᵉ
ᵗʰᵉ ᵛᵃᶜᵃⁿᶜʸ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ˢᵃᵗ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ
ⁱˢ ᵃ ˢᵖᵃᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ⁿᵒʷ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵒˡᵈ

ᵐⁱʳʳᵒʳˢ - ʲᵘˢᵗⁱⁿ ᵗⁱᵐᵇᵉʳˡᵃᵏᵉ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

A tense silence filled the room, the only source of sound being the sobs and hiccups of the woman before him.

"I can't"  her voice came, cracked and coarse from crying. She was sitting on the edge of the bed, her head in her hands as more broken sobs broke out.

"Alaina-" he tried to touch her but she jerked away from him immediately, like he was on fire.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled at him and he pulled back immediately, more scared of what she could do at the moment.

"I didn't mean to-" he started but she cut him off with a humorless laugh, even though she had tears streaming down her face.

"You never mean to do anything Rodrick" she spat out. "You don't get it, do you? I don't care what you meant to do. You did it. And it hurts. It hurts a lot"

"I'll make it up to you I promise-"

"How?!" She cut him off. "How can you possibly.....you still don't get it" she shook her head, standing up.

He opened his mouth to speak but decided it was best to just not.

He didn't want to worsen the situation even more than he already had.

He didn't even know what to say.

"I can't keep up with you Rodrick" she whispered, her voice so low that he almost didn't hear her.

With shaky breaths, she stood up and slowly walked up to him. Wordlessly, she reached for one of his hands, placed something inside it and folded it back.

"Maybe you should give that to someone else" she told him, finally looking into his eyes.

His heart bled when she did. Her eyes were red rimmed and glossy. It tore at his heart more when he saw more tears springing up, a few carelessly rolling down her face.

"I'm sorry I wasn't enough for you"  she apologized, walking past him to leave the room.

"Please don't go" he pleaded, his voice cracking as he spoke.

"I'm sorry" a sob racked out of her as she walked out of their bedroom.

"Alaina wait!" He called, running out of the room, after her.

That was when things got weird.

The door of their bedroom had led to a long hallway with no doors.

Then he saw her at the other end.

"Alaina!" He called but she was unresponsive, her back turned to him.

"Alaina!" He yelled again, running after her.

It was of no use. No matter how fast he ran, it seemed like she got farther and farther away from him.

"Alaina!" He tried to scream but he couldn't hear his own voice. Like he was speaking without actually speaking.

"Alaina!"