𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝒉𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝒉𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜

ⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵉʸ ˢᵃʸ ʷᵉ ʳᵉˡᵃᵗᵉᵈ
ᵇⁱᵗᶜʰ, ⁱ ᵃⁱⁿ'ᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ˢⁱˢ

ᵇᵉᵃᵗᵇᵒˣ ᵇᵈᵃʸ ᶠʳᵉᵉˢᵗʸˡᵉ - ᵈʳᵉᵉᶻʸ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

"So I was thinking maybe blue table covers and all the pastries and the cakes would be blue too" Zee told Alaina, who gave her a look.

"We don't even know the gender of the baby yet" she reminded her and Zee rolled her eyes.

"That's why we're here. At the hospital. Duh" she replied, still scribbling on the notepad she had in her hands.

They had gone to the hospital together to do an ultrasound and find out the gender of the baby. Wayne didn't come along with them because Zee wanted the baby shower to be like a surprise reveal to him.

She thought the idea was cute.

"And what if it's a girl?"

"Then we'll just get everything in pink. Keep up"

"Why don't we just get everything in both colours? We'll divide the place into two parts. Blue and pink" she suggested.

"I mean it won't be as fun or colour coded as I wanted it to be but sure we can do that. I mean it is your baby" Zee mumbled, tearing out the page from the notepad where she had written things.

"And I was thinking that maybe we'd use smoke cannons to reveal the gender of the baby"

"You know what? Why don't you just plan it yourself? You clearly don't need my genius expertise helping you"

"Would you stop being so dr-"

"Okay. Good morning" Dr Townes greeted as she walked into the room, interrupting Alaina.

"Nice to see you again Mrs Moore. How are you feeling today?"

"I feel great today, thank you"

"You look great too. Have you been trying those yoga poses I recommended?"

"Yeah. I have" Alaina answered and Zee raised an eyebrow at her lie.

In her defence, she wasn't exactly lying. She had tried to do some yoga but it didn't exactly go how she imagined it would. Something about all those poses and stretches and everything seemed to turn Wayne on and anybody with half a brain could tell where it went from there.

"Where's your husband?" Dr Townes asked, suddenly noticing the female beside her patient instead of the annoying man who had come with her the last time.

"Oh. He's not here today" she revealed and Dr Townes let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't really up for answering annoying questions.

"Okay. Now that that's out of the way, I would like to ask you a question before we proceed with the ultrasound"

"What is it?"

"Would you like a boy or a girl?"

"Boy" Zee answered immediately.