𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢

ᵗʳⁱᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ʸᵒᵘ
ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵘⁿᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗᵗᵃᵇˡᵉ

ᵐⁱˢˢ ʸᵒᵘ - ᶜᵃˢʰᵐᵉʳᵉ ᶜᵃᵗ ᶠᵉᵃᵗᵘʳⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒʳʸ ˡᵃⁿᵉᶻ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵃʲᵒʳ ˡᵃᶻᵉʳ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

Angel.

That should've been her middle name.

That was what she looked like constantly. With her charming smile and that pretty face that Roddy could never say no to. She could ask him to jump off a bridge right now and he'd do it in a heartbeat. He slightly smiled as he watched her smile at how happy her mother was. She had always loved love. She said it gave her a sense of joy seeing two people happy together.

"Uh.....bruh?" Relly tried to drag Wayne's attention away from Alaina, who sat at the high table, next to her mum. It didn't work.

"Bruh". He tapped him and Roddy turned to look at him in annoyance.

"What?"

"You're staring"

"I know" Roddy simply said and turned back to Alaina.

"Oh....kay" Relly muttered and went back to texting Cass.

"Do you think her new man makes her happy?" Roddy randomly asked, catching Relly and Bird, who was beside him, by surprise.

"What?"

"Does her new man make her happy?" He repeated the question.

"She don't got a new-" Bird tried to lie but Roddy cut him off, not buying the bullshit.

"Do I look dumb, stupid or slow?"

He wasn't even buying it for a second. He knew fasho that she had another man. He just didn't know who.

And that killed him.

"Nah bu-" his statement was interrupted by Roddy's phone going off.

"Oop. Your girl on the line and you know she don't like to wait" Bird reminded him.

"Imma be back in a minute". He excused himself, picked his phone and moved to a quiet corner in the hall.

"He really ain't over her yet" Bree said.

"Who would be? Have you seen that ass?" Winter asked, earning herself a smack on the head from Donbo.

"I told y'all to stop hitting me so hard" she complained.

"Shut up" he smacked her again.

"Fifty dollars that he gon' kiss her 'fore two weeks is up" Kris placed a bet.

"Another fifty that she gon' kiss back" Bree added.

"That's a good bet and all but see the problem is.....ain't nobody gonna bet with y'all" Bird said.

"Well why not?"

"Cuh we already know that finna happen. I mean they clearly still feeling each other. They just pretending"

"Right like have you seen the way he looks at her? The same way Bird be looking at them kid's meals at McDonald's" Relly piped up and Bird glared at him.

"Aye you wrong for that" Winter said. "How you gon' compare true love with what Roddy and Alaina got? The disrespect"

"Fuck y'all" Bird grumbled and they all laughed.

Their conversation was interrupted by everybody around them clapping at something the best man said. They didn't even notice that he was making a toast. He sat down and Alaina stood so they guessed it was her turn.

"Um...." She cleared her throat. "I ain't ever really done this before. I'm a lil nervous". She took in a deep breath and continued.

"When I first met John, my first thought was that him and my mum weren't gonna last. Cause you see, he said he wasn't religious and my mum, she uh....she don't play with the church. But then they didn't break up. I was shocked. I was confused. I didn't know what was happening. I thought my mum had been brainwashed or sum'".

"But then she started smiling a lot. Became happier. Lighter on her feet. Gained some weight". Everybody laughed as her mother mugged her. "They've been together for four years and I ain't ever even heard them argue. Or have a slight disagreement. Not even a phone call from my mama talmbout how she mad at him or sum'. Nothing. At all"

"My mother is my rock. My strength. My solitude. My confidant. My sister. My best friend. My everything. John clearly makes her happy and if she's happy, I'm happy. You see, true love ain't about who owns what and who gets what in the relationship. True love is about what you're willing to sacrifice for your partner to be happy. No matter how much it hurts you. No matter what you have to give up. You do it because your partner's gonna be happy. And that should be enough for you. That should be all that matters. That should be your number one priority. That's true love" she stopped and the entire place was as quiet as a graveyard. So quiet, you could hear a pin drop.

"What John and my mum have is true love and I'm happy for them. So I'd like to make a toast. To John and- can I call you by your first name?" She asked her mother.

"Sure sweetie"

"To John and Maria!" She yelled and everybody cheered, clapping as loud as they could.

"Damn" Kris muttered. "That was.....that was something"

"Is it just me or was that lil speech at the end about Roddy?" Donbo asked.

"Yup" they all answered in unison.

"These kids still hooked on each other" Bird said.

"Should we help?" Relly asked.

"Should we?" Cass spoke up.

They all exchanged looks, already knowing the answer to the question.

"Nah"

××

Short chapter but the next one's gonna be longer, I promise.

Don't forget to vote and comment
Thanks

Not edited.