𝑠𝑜 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˢᵗʳᵉᵉᵗ ⁿⁱᵍᵍᵃ, ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵐʸ ᶠⁱʳˢᵗ ᵍᵘⁿ
ᶠᵒʳᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵍʳᵃᵗᵉᶠᵘˡ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ, ᵇˡᵉˢˢᵉᵈ ᵐᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐʸ ᶠⁱʳˢᵗ ˢᵒⁿ
ᵇᵒⁿⁿⁱᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜˡʸᵈᵉ, ᵇᵃᵇʸ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵒ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
ᵖˡᵃʸ ʸᵒᵘ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ, ᵍⁱʳˡ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ᵒⁿᵉ-ᵒⁿ-ᵒⁿᵉ

ˢᵒ ʳᵉᵃˡ - ᵖᵒˡᵒ ᵍ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

"What the fuck is going on?" Zee asked, walking up to the others, who were all in the waiting room, worry written all over their faces.

She had been in the middle of a well-deserved nap after a long week of work when Evan had called her sounding weird. He had been talking so fast that she had only heard one word.

Babies.

So she put two and two together and figured that her best friend's water had broken.

Then she got down to the hospital as fast as she could.

"How is she?" She asked again.

"We ont know shit" Winter answered. "Doctor said only one person could go in with her so Roddy went in"

"We been waiting out here for two goddamn hours and I'm getting worried" Evan added.

"So y'all don't know nothing at all?"

"Nah"

-

"Calm down"

"I can't"

"Just try"

"I can't"

"Take deep breaths!"

"I literally cannot!"

"Rodrick calm the fuck down! I ain't even in active labour yet!" Alaina yelled at him, getting him to stop pacing around the room.

"Right. Sorry. I'm just nervous"

"I'm nervous too. You ont see me freaking the fuck ou-" the rest of her sentence got cut off as a hiss escaped her lips, the crippling pain of the contractions ripping through her. Wayne, seeing this, was quick to rush back to her side.

"You good? You need anything?" He asked frantically, not liking the sight of his fiancée in pain.

"Sorry I'm late" the doctor apologized as she came into the room. "I had to handle a patient who wasn't exactly happy that uh-" she paused to cough, changing the topic when she saw that they were both uninterested. "Anyway, how are you feeling Mrs Moore?" She asked.

"I want this thing out of me!" Alaina groaned in pain as she rubbed her belly, trying to soothe herself.

"Is this your first birthing?" The doctor asked again.

"Yeah" Wayne answered.

"Ah" she nodded in understanding. "You know, I had a patient that was just like this when she was about to give birth to her first child. Put up quite a fight that one" the doctor smiled as she reminisced. "She actually ended up having a C-section because she didn't-"

"Can you fucking focus?" Wayne interrupted her story and she snapped back to reality.

"Right. Right" she shook her head. "How far apart are the contractions?" She asked, pressing a button on her pager.

"Five minutes" he answered as three other nurses came into the room.

"Okay Mrs Moore, I'm gonna need you to take deep breaths with your mouth and try to calm down"