𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝒉𝑜𝑤 𝐺𝑂𝐷 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘𝑠 (𝑜𝒉 𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑦! 𝑝𝑡 1)

ᵍᵒᵗ ᵃ ᵇⁱᵗᶜʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ˡᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵃᵃˡⁱʸᵃʰ, ˢʰᵉ ᵃ ᵐᵒᵈᵉˡ

ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒˣ - ʳᵒᵈᵈʸ ʳⁱᶜᶜʰ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

"Ant you better getcho damn hands out that bowl of candy!" Shaniqua or aunt Niqué as Alaina called her yelled at her son, Ant, for the sixth time in thirty minutes. The little boy, caught in the act, immediately withdrew his hand and took off running to his sister, Maya.

"Can't ever get that boy to behave these days" she complained to her sister-in-law, Alaina's mother, Maria.

"Oh please" Maria waved it off. "All he needs is a lil ass whooping and he'll be fine"

"The hell I had to go through before I got RJ to behave" Loretta, Wayne's mother, added.

"Speaking of RJ, where are they anyway?" Wayne's aunt, Tawanna, asked, referring to Wayne and Alaina.

"They prolly up in the house somewh- Ant!" Niqué yelled again and the boy, once again, caught in the act, ran back to his sister.

"You gotta stop testing mum" Maya told him and he frowned.

"But I want some candy" he whined.

"Ight. How bout you go play with Rae and I'll see what I can do?" she suggested and he beamed up at her.

"Thank you sis" he flashed her a toothy smile before leaving to go play with Rae.

"It's been a long time since I seen that lil nigga. He done grown so much" Zee said.

Zee was just as close to Alaina's family as she was to Alaina herself. They were basically her second family and they took her as one of them. Even Alaina's grandfather who had dementia remembered her.....sometimes.

"Wait till you see Violet. She almost a whole grown woman" Jada told her.

Everybody had really changed in a span of three years. Uncle Earl had stopped drinking. Uncle Michael finally settled for just one woman and had gotten both of his baby mamas to at least stay in the same place without trying to kill each other.

"Now where the hell is that lil girl?" Maleek asked, already tired of waiting for Alaina and her boyfriend to finally show themselves. Everybody was, in fact.

They were all waiting and had been for them for almost an hour now. Everybody had already gotten there.

Even Zora's mother and older sister.

The only people missing were the people who arranged the event themselves.

Just then, they both came downstairs, looking guilty like they were kids that had just been caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar.

"Finally!" Maria exclaimed, dropping her champagne flute on the table behind her.

"Cousin!!!!!" Jada shrieked as she and Maya ran to hug her, Violet following behind them. They hadn't seen her in a long time and they were so excited to. Especially with the new addition to the family on the way.

"Easy now. Don't squeeze too hard" Alaina joked as she hugged them back.

"Aww look at my baby" Loretta gushed as she came closer.

"Hey ma-" Wayne started as he opened his arms to hug her but she walked right past him to go and hug Alaina, making his mouth drop open.

"Welcome to the other side son. Once it's a baby on the way, we ont mean nun' no more" His father, Rodrick, told him as he draped an arm around him. "How you doing tho?"

"I'm good. Great even" he answered.

Even though he would deny if he was asked, he thought he was probably even more excited than Alaina for this party. It was what he had always wanted. To create a beautiful being with the love of his life.

And finally all his dreams were coming true.

"Wassup mane, you good?" His uncle Marcus or Markie asked him as he joined the conversation.

"Yea-"

"That ain't what I asked mane. Wassup? She got you wearing pink like you some time of drag queen. You fucking up your street cred mane whatchu doing?" He asked again, eyeing Wayne's choice of clothings.

For the party, everybody had to dress up in colours of the gender that they were in support of and because Wayne was rooting for a girl, he had to wear pink.

"It's what I gotta do for love" he shrugged and Markie smacked his lips.

"Mane you not supposed to be tied down. That ain't the way of the game" he groaned.

"Get on with allat bullshit Marcus. You married, ain't it?"

"I'm only married cause she trapped me with a baby. Mane ion love that hoe-"

"What the fuck you just say Marcus?" His wife, Tawanna, asked from behind me and he slightly jumped.

"I was just telling my nephew here how I love you so much and how I'm done with fucking around with all these hoes and shit"

"Mhmmmm. See you such a liar. You always lying. That's why I'm kicking your ass out my house. Bye Marcus" she snapped, blowing gum in his face when she finished before turning to leave the house.

"Tawanna! Tawanna! Wait!" He called after her but she refused to stop.

"Damnit. Now I done lost my wife AND my house. This shit is fucked up" he complained as he ran out of the house, chasing after her.

"He got what was coming to him" Rodrick Sr chuckled as he watched his brother leave.

"What was y'all doing upstairs anyway?" Rae asked, breaking the silence as she looked up at her cousin.

"What?" Alaina replied, caught off guard by the question.

"What was y'all doing upstairs?" She repeated.

"We was uh....." Alaina trailed off, not knowing what to tell the 15-year old.

"Was y'all fucking?" She suddenly asked and everybody hollered.

"Raelynn!" Aunt Niqué scolded, popping her daughter in the mouth. "You better shutcho your ass up"

"Sorry ma'am" Rae apologized, rubbing her mouth as she tried not to cry.

Truth be told, Wayne, Alaina and probably every other person there could clearly see that the little girl wasn't wrong, judging by the amount of hickeys on Alaina's neck. They just didn't think she'd be that blunt.

"Okay let's get this party started" Zee declared and they all hollered again to that, putting what had just happened to rest.

"Iono bout y'all but them muffins looking real edible right no-" Donbo was cut off by someone opening the door to the house.

"Hey"

×××

y'all I finally got this shit done...yayyyyyy

okay so I done officially gave up on love and relationships or whatever. It ain't working out and it ain't gonna.

but say, a bitch's birthday coming up soon and ion even know what to do about it.

what y'all suggest???

not edited.