𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝒉𝑖𝑛𝑔

ⁱ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ᵈⁱᵉ ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ ˡⁱᵛᵉ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵗʰⁱˢ

ᶠᵉᵉˡ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ - ᵇᵉᵃ ᵐⁱˡˡᵉʳ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

Christmas was coming.

Normally, Alaina would've been excited that her favourite holiday was just around the corner but she didn't even care anymore.

Wayne would just end up ruining it.

What was the whole point of Christmas if you couldn't spend it locked in with your whole family?

She couldn't lie and say that it didn't hurt though. It hurt a lot anytime she went out and saw different families together trying to do some Christmas shopping before the stores closed.

It always made her wonder what happened to them. They used to be so happy.

But now, Wayne was barely even around anymore. He'd leave early in the morning before she was even fully awake and get back late at night when she was asleep.

The only thing that assured her that he had even been home at all was the increasing amount of clothes in the laundry hamper.

Save for that, it was like she was basically on her own.

He didn't even ask after the kids or anything like that. Not anymore at least.

And she was starting to feel like she was a bother.

Maybe he didn't want her anymore and he didn't know how to say it.

He sure as hell acted like it.

-

"That was good. Though the hook needs a little more work" Bird said, pausing the track that was playing. Wayne just nodded in response, scribbling down on a notepad.

"So how's Lay? We ain't seen her in a while and I'm starting to trip" Winter asked.

They all noticed that Wayne was starting to act different. Normally, he'd be talking about her 24/7 or he'd be texting her, too distracted by their conversation to even focus on work. Sometimes he'd even bring her down to the studio to check out a couple of songs he'd been working on.

But now, he didn't even mention her or anything like that. And he was never on his phone anymore, which was always switch off and tucked away inside his pocket.

That was really strange.

"She's good" he mumbled, not looking up from his notepad and they all exchanged looks.

Something was definitely up with him. He only after that way when they were having issues and even at that, he always gave a more detailed answer.

"Are y'all good?". The question came from Relly, who had been the first to point out his weird behaviour.

"Look, can we not talk about my personal life? I'm tryna work here" he shot down the idea, giving them a look.

"We were just being concerned about you" Bree muttered, already offended at his tone of voice.

"Yeah well thanks for the concern" he replied sarcastically before rolling his eyes.

-

A sigh left Alaina's lips as she folded the now clean clothes into a basket. With nothing to do at home and nowhere to go seeing as she couldn't leave the kids at home alone, not having enough faith to hire a nanny just yet, she decided to do some chores.

She was in the middle of folding one of her numerous sweatpants when she heard the front door open and close shut, signalling that Wayne was back.

He was back unusually earlier than he had been lately.

With a strange sense of excitement flooding through her, she abandoned the laundry and practically skipped out to go meet him in the living room before he disappeared upstairs.

"Hey" she beamed. "You're back early"

"Is that a problem?" He snapped, making the smile on her face immediately fall.

Of course he wasn't in a good mood. He was never in a good mood around her.

She was stupid for thinking today would be any different.

"No it's just that....um.....can we talk?"

"I-"

"Please" she added in a small voice, fiddling with her fingers.

"Fine" he sighed, giving in to her plea. Her lips turned slightly upwards as they sat on the couch together.

She was happy that he was at least giving her a chance to voice out her concerns over his recent behaviour. She just hoped he'd actually listen to her.

"So I kinda just wanted to talk about us. Things have been so weird between us lately and I just wanted to understand if it was something I did or something I'm not doing right. I just don't want us to keep on not talking to each other and-"

She was cut off by Wayne sucking his teeth as he stood up.

"This is what you wanted to talk about?" He asked, already annoyed.

"I'm just really concerned. I don't even know what I did wrong. I just-"

"How about you stop fucking clocking me? Ion appreciate it" he told her.

"I'm not clocking you. I just need-"

"Of course you need something. You always need something. You're so needy and it's starting to get annoying!"

"I'm needy?" She repeated slowly. "I'm needy?"

"You-"

"That's it. I've had enough of this bullshit! I've had it up to here with your attitude! I'm sick and tired of you treating me like I'm some type of burden!" She yelled at him, having been fed up by the whole situation.

"Well I'm sick and tired of you!" He yelled back, taking her aback.

He was?

"Well if you're so tired of me, why the hell are we even getting married then?!"

"Married? Who said anything about getting married?" He sneered and her mouth fell open, the tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

"But you proposed-"

"Only so I would be sure you weren't whoring around like-"

The harsh sound of skin on skin contact was sharp. Abrupt. Loudly echoing in the otherwise silent room.

Wayne humorlessly chuckled, taking in the stinging buzz of his cheek.

"Fucking pathetic" he muttered, more to himself, before walking past her and right out the house, slamming the door behind him.

It was silent for a minute. Then two. Then three. Before a loud sob racked out of Alaina and she fell on her knees, crying her eyes out.

This had to be some kind of weird nightmare.

She'd wake up in Wayne's arms in the morning and they'd both laugh at her crazy imagination.

Maybe he'd walk right back in and laugh about how she fell for his prank and everything.

But as she looked on at the door, tears rolling down her cheeks, she realized it wasn't a dream.

It was reality.

And it hurt.

××

okay listen....

don't forget to vote and comment
thanks

not edited.