𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛

ⁱ ʷⁱˢʰ ⁱ ᵇᵉˡⁱᵉᵛᵉᵈ
ⁱ ʷⁱˢʰ ⁱ ᵇᵉˡⁱᵉᵛᵉᵈ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵒˡᵈ ᵐᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇᵉˡⁱᵉᵛᵉᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵐᵉ
ⁱ ʷⁱˢʰ ⁱ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ ⁱⁿ ᵐᵉ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵉᵉⁿ
ʷʰᵉⁿ ʷᵉ ᵗᵃˡᵏᵉᵈ ˡᵃˢᵗ, ʸᵒᵘ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵗᵒˡᵈ ᵐᵉ ᵗʷᵒ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ, ˢᵃⁱᵈ
"ⁱ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ"

ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ᵈᵒⁱⁿᵍ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵈᵒⁱⁿᵍ - ᵇʳʸˢᵒⁿ ᵗⁱˡˡᵉʳ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

Wayne was in awe at the mere sight of his fiancée. She didn't notice him staring at her though, too deep into the novel in her hands, her eyes showing the different emotions and thoughts that swirled through her head.

A smile toyed on his lips as he watched her scrunch up her nose at something she had read.

She was beautiful.

Her natural hair up in a messy bun, her skin covered in soap suds from the bath they were in and her face bare and free from makeup.

"I don't think you could stare any harder if you tried" she spoke up, not even taking her eyes off her book.

"You should wear your hair up more often. It's prettier" he replied, not phased by her calling him out.

"I'll think about it" she spared him a glance, a teasing glint behind her brown orbs.

It was quiet after that. She went back to reading her book and he closed his eyes, enjoying the sound of the crashing waves of the ocean around them.

This was peace.

But no matter how much he tried, he couldn't stop thinking about what had happened earlier.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Wayne asked Alaina, doubt evident in his facial expressions.

"Yeah. I'm sure it'll be fun" she told him, trying to convince him.

"Looking into the future doesn't exactly sound like fun"

They had taken a walk into town and she had discovered a small shop where a tarot reader stayed. Without skipping a beat, she had suggested that they go in to visit but he didn't want to. He had had a bad feeling about it.

"Fine then. I'll just do mine. You don't need to get your palm read" she bargained.

He looked down at her puppy dog eyes that she was giving him and thought about it. With a sigh, he gave in to her pleas.

He could never say no to her.

"Yay" she smiled, practically dragging him into the small shop.

It was a small shop that sold souvenirs but they had quickly learnt that the fortune-teller stayed behind a purple curtain in the back.

The old woman who stayed behind the curtain had welcomed them with a warm smile, wordlessly offering them tea.

They had kindly declined, Alaina too eager to know what her fortune was.

"So what are you gonna do? Palm reading? Oouu are you gonna use the crystal ball?" She asked, a childlike smile on her face and excitement dancing in her eyes.

The sight made Wayne smile.

The woman didn't answer but simply pulled out a deck of cards.

"Cards?"

"Tarot cards" she finally spoke, correcting Alaina. "They help read into one's future" she explained.

𝑶𝒄𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝑬𝒚𝒆𝒔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें