𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑠

ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ᵈᵃʸ ᵗʰᵃⁿ ʸᵉˢᵗᵉʳᵈᵃʸ, ᵒᵒᵘᵘᵘ
ⁱ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵈᵃʸ ᵇʸ ᵈᵃʸ

ᵇʳᵒᵏᵉⁿ ᶜˡᵒᶜᵏˢ - ˢᶻᵃ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

"I probably deserved it, didn't I?" He asked the Yorkshire Terrier seated on the floor right beside his feet, an icepack pressed to his throbbing cheek.

"She packs a mean right hook tho" he chuckled, even though there wasn't a trace of humor in it.

He did deserve it. She had gone too easy on him too. He was sure he deserved more than just a measly punch. He had certainly beat himself up more than anybody probably could.

She's not good. She's been crying nonstop since she fucking left here! What the fuck did you do to my best friend?!

She was crying over him. Of course she would. He had wished she wouldn't but quickly realized he was just been foolish. Why wouldn't she? She had only given him five years of her life and opportunity after opportunity to do right by her.

He didn't deserve her. He never did tell her that enough. At least now she would be able to move on to somebody better than him.

He just hoped she didn't cry for too long.

"Come on mutt" he said, scooping up the animal into his arms. "Let's go see how many bottles I can take before I knock out"

-

"I'm glad that you've at least stopped crying" Zee said, a sad smile on her face as she looked at her best friend.

"Don't do that" Alaina warned her.

"Do what?"

"Don't look at me like that. I'm not a charity case" she told her.

She was looking at her with pity. She didn't want to be pitied. She couldn't help but feel like she deserved some part of it. She could've seen it coming after all. All the signs were there. She was just too naive and thickheaded to actually put 2 and 2 together.

"It's not your fault, you know?" Zee said, getting her attention.

"Huh?"

"It's not your fault that he's an asshole. He's stupid. And he wouldn't know a good thing even if it was staring him in the face" she rambled in an attempt to make her feel better.

"Zee it's n-"

"And if it makes you feel any better, I punched him right in the face for you" she revealed, earning a small smile from Alaina.

"That explains the bruises" Alaina said, a lingering undertone of teasing in her voice.

"Yeah I really need to learn how to throw a punch. If it hurts this much, I can't even begin to imagine what it felt like for him"

The small chuckle erupting from Alaina made her satisfied. She had gotten her wanted reaction. Even if she had to joke about inflicting physical harm on her ex.

"Movies and ice cream?" She asked her in a small voice.

"Not the sad teen bullshit" Zee groaned, playfully rolling her eyes.

"Please?"

"How could I say no to that cute face?" She smiled.

-

The hoodie Wayne had on smelt like Alaina. She had worn it so many times that she had marked it as hers. He had always complained about it but now he was glad that he let her wear it anyways.