The Fistbump Duo

After finishing up the story with Luffy, the straw hat boy storming off with a skip in his step and a punch to his hand that'll he make even more amazing stories than Shanks will. Heading towards the kitchen in the upper deck, that also happened to be where Nami and Vivi were as Luffy started asking loudly to have a tangerine and he's hungry with Nami bonking his head in the distance and telling him they were just a few minutes away from landing to eat and Sanji cutting in and yelling at their captain to stop bothering 'Nami-swan'.

You observed this at your place by the figurehead, laying your back against the railings at the front of the ship with arms crossed behind your head and one leg over the other with a relaxed grin on your face. Seeing and observing the storm that shines bright amongst the crew, the rest at the deck with you. Zoro seeming to do a cool down of his workout for the weights were gone and he was doing one hand push-ups as he stood straight up, while Usopp and Chopper were having their own fun with storytelling.

At least...you think it was storytelling?

"What?!" Chopper yelled, eyes gleaming as the reindeer leaned closer to the sniper. "There's really flowers that can talk?! What else did they say?"

"Hmph," Usopp's head was up as he stood, a thumb to his chest, and eyes closed with a confident grin. "You bet! There's mountains and mushrooms that can talk too, it was really a strange island in my travels. You see, they were brought to life by this large witch just so she can hear their screams as she ate them!"

Chopper paled, shuddering in fear as Usopp's face darkened in dramatics.

"E-Ehhhh?! How horrible! Why would she do that?!"

Usopp neared the scared Chopper, his grin turning menacing as his eyes crinkled.

"We'll never know! She's a strange witch that just likes eating everything and anything!"

Your brows furrowed, frowning up at the sky in thought.

He's not wrong. What he's saying is not far off either, did he really meet her?

"What?! But Usopp, how did you get away?!"

"That's what I like to know," You interrupted, your feet on the railing behind Usopp making him and Chopper squawk and fall back in surprise.

"DON'T SNEAK UP ON PEOPLE!" They both yelled as they immediately got back up, one hand and one hoof in a chopping gesture. Zoro taking a glance at the trio to his right before doing his other stretches with closed eyes.

You scratched your left scarred cheek as you laughed.

"Whoops, I surprised you."

"Of course you did! Y-you came out of nowhere!" Chopper gave a forceful cute nod at Usopp's words.

"That was scary! Oh but—" Chopper blinked in realization as he calmed. "You were hearing the story too?" You nodded as you sat on the railing of the ship, your feet now in the air as you gave a short comment it sounds like an interesting story. "Woahhhhh, Usopp! You gotta tell us now! How did you get away?!"

Usopp looked side to side, seeing Chopper's innocent eyes as he leaned forward and towards you who had a hand under your left scarred cheek as you stared at him expectantly and clear intrigue.

"W-well. I-it was q-quite si-simple really...Yes...Y-yes! Very simple!"

You tilted your head.

"Eh? Really?"

Sweat started to perfuse very freely from Usopp's skin, his voice going high as he put his head back with a forced exaggerated grin. You cocked your head more curiously at that.