The Return

You were uncomfortable.

Your sleeping position was awkward and you couldn't move to adjust. And the people around were starting to get loud. Can they shut up? You're trying to sleep...

You gave a low groan.

Man, what gives? It's like you're being held hostage or something. You tried again to adjust with a grunt, only to hear metal clinking together at your movement. You furrowed your brows in slow confusion. Are these...chains?

Why would—

You opened your eyes with a gasp in realization.

"ACE!"

The people that were yelling all at once quieted with your strong voice, trying to look over at the now bloody awoke woman.

"(Y/N)...You're awake. You've got some explaining to do." You gave a bright grin as far as your swollen cheek can go as your eyes lightened in hope at hearing Ace, turning your head towards his voice. Your vision was still horrible, but you can recognize that blob of messy raven hair anywhere.

"You look quite unsightly...Silver Blood." A familiar voice rumbled across from your cell. Your smile turned to a smirk as you turned your head to see Crocodile sitting on what seemed to be a metal bed, giving his own signature dark and arrogant smirk of his. For once in your life, you're not annoyed by that cocky smirk of his that screamed bastard.

"Ace! Croc-y!," you did a close eyed innocent smile, "You guys look like shit." You said with a laugh. Crocodile hmphed, but Ace didn't seem he wanted to joke around right now. He'd usually laugh. You ignored the other prisoners who murmured to themselves if you were close with the Crocodile as well.

"You should tell that to yourself. (Y/N), what are you doing here? What kind of person willingly comes to a place like this?" You were about to answer until you gave a strong raspy cough, feeling a wet substance come out of your mouth.

'Shit,' you thought with sweat going down your face as you tried to catch your breath, 'I shouldn't have yelled like that, that poison is strong stuff.' You gritted your teeth.

"This is exactly what I'm talking about...! You've gotten absolutely insane since the last time I saw you!"

Crocodile just sat silent and watched the exchange, although his eyes did stray a second longer then normal on your form when you coughed up blood. It was then you noticed your head felt empty, you immediately tensed in alarm.

"My hat," you rasped,"where's my...urk...hat?" You looked around and spotted your cap by your feet, you attempted to move your arms, but they were chained tightly to the wall. As well as your chest, the only thing you can move was your feet. Which was covered by your beat up boots that were burned and covered with your blood.

'No...'

Ace asked you agitated if you were listening to him, and truthfully you weren't. You want your hat where it's always belonged, on your head. Not on the dirty floor of the worlds most notorious criminals. Even your own blood isn't supposed to be on there, but there it was. And there will only be more blood if they still have the Minotaurus roaming around here once in a while. Your eyes stared intensely at the Marine cap for a moment and then looked up at Crocodile.

You can't believe you're going to do this. No one but two people has touched your cap, and that was many years ago. Garp, when he first shoved it on top of your head with a laugh when you became a marine. And Smoker. Who sometimes touched it on top of your head, while quickly trying to make the cap engulf your face when you were becoming a brat. To give it to someone else...even to hold. Not even Smoker held your hat.