Affection

And boy did Doflamingo try to guess.

But he always was so annoying and grated your nerves when he asked so many questions. About how they looked? How did you know that you know that he knows them? Was it a woman or man? All these questions, you couldn't help but have enough at the stupid guessing game you initiated with the spoiled man.

You'd snap at him in anger and impatience at him, and only got worse when he brought you closer to him in front of everyone else. To which when you released yourself, you stood by Mihawk as you stuck your tongue out at him quite childishly.

The man who always grinned seemed to always bring the childish brat within you.

You stood by Mihawk with smiles as you talked to him, about how he was, and who was his last opponent or challenger. With him always replying and answering, however short it was. Shorter then usual because they weren't alone and some crew member seemed to hide behind barrels, giggle and stare at them.

They were weirdos.

But...

God, you're getting attached.

You mustn't.

When the crew said good morning, you'd wave at them back. Only for the cook, Zuko, to know you liked to drink (fav. beverage)  before anything in the morning. Immediately handing it to you with a smile. And you'd give a small grateful nod in return.

You mustn't get attached.

When you'd say that you'll have next watch, only for Jet to beat you to it with a knowing grin.

"Sleep, you need it." He would say over your protests of denial, only for him to repeat it once more, gently.

And you would slowly start to protest less and less, going into the captain's quarters(without having any warlord there) to at least have some sleep.

You mustn't.

When you were staring at the world map, you'd notice red dots and blue pins on them. One day, you managed to catch Hak to ask about it.

"Ah, we've been trying to track Silver of the Molten Metal." The navigator answered, a proud smirk on his features.

You widened your eyes.

"Do you know where he is?"

"He moves around a lot, slippery one that pirate." Hak said with a small sigh, brushing his light brown hair back. "We're constantly asking on each island on his whereabouts though, so it's helped."

You looked at how many blue and red pins there were at the map, showing the hard work that the Silver Judgement pirates are going through to locate your father.

"Why?" You moved your eyes towards the ship's navigator. "Why are you searching for him?"

Hak smiled, his brown bangs covering his green eyes slightly.

"For you, Captain. You want to meet him...right?" He tentatively asked, hesitant that you'll tell him to not call you captain again.

You only let out a smile,however, as your soft gaze stared at the map, a small thank you leaving your lips.

You can't.

You watched as they sang to your favorite song Bink's Sake, standing besides Mihawk on your left and a sitting Doflamingo on top of a cannon a few feet away from you on your right.