The Value of Nakama

Warning.

...

^_^'

I'm sorry Shanks shippers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wha—?

What...?

Shanks, was part of Roger's crew, and he never told you? You were with your crew and the Straw Hats as Rayleigh spoke about his time at the ship. Rayleigh was visibly surprised you never knew, for Shanks spoke of you when he came by many years ago.

How is this possible? Why wouldn't he tell you? When they first met, they always shared stories. Even afterwards, they shared stories of the people around them. Shanks did always mention Buggy however...someone he was close friends with even though you believed it was more like a rivalry then friendship from what Shanks told you. But...didn't Shanks know you were curious about your father? He sailed with him! You know you spoke to Shanks about possibly trying to meet him before, why didn't he say anything. Why didn't he...?

You felt betrayed. It was stupid. It was childish. You knew he must've not said anything for a reason, Shanks isn't the type to keep secrets. Not unless it's for someone protection or something of that caliber. Still...

You felt the worried looks of the Straw Hats and your crew. They were concerned for you. And were a little angry at the Red Hair for keeping this away from their captain. They did more then he ever did when it came to looking for your father. When they were trying to get stronger, they tried to catch all the rumors of Silver. They marked their maps, tried to track him down and always seemed to fail. But they always got close. All for the captain that didn't even acknowledge them at the time.

You gave a wry thankful smile at all of them. You then suddenly standing up from your chair, asking if your ship was done with its coating yet. Shakky giving a slight no in response, Rayleigh replying that it still requires one more day of coating now that he is back from the auction house. You frowned, glanced at your crew and walked out from the shack. Only giving a small wave behind you for the Straw Hats, Luffy's concerned and serious dark eyes on your back as you left.

You felt your crew stand up to join you outside as you walked towards your ship.

Your gaze was determined, your gait proud and with conviction as you stood in the middle of your ship. When you felt everyone was in, you turned towards them.

"Listen to me. And listen to me closely. What I'm about to say, you must follow. You must. If you cannot follow these commands, then it is best if you leave." The crew said nothing but nodded, but their faces grew concerned and filled with worry as they noticed how their captain was behaving. You sighed and told them your plan.

"I'm going to go to Smoker and let him send me to Impel Down to—." Before you even finished your sentence, you were already met with protests and varying levels of shock at your words.

"No! You crazy?!" Taka yelled as Wes looked at you with wide hazel eyes.

"Captain...dangerous." The second half of the shipwright duo said, only to be not heard as Jet and Hak looked at you with angry gazes.

"How can you even–? Like what?!" Jet yelled, his blue eyes seeming to shake as his black hair got in the way.

"What are you thinking? Why?!" The navigator yelled, as the one after the other yelled at you. Your eyes narrowed.