The Possibility of Something

The sound of a newspaper page turning.

"Ex-Marine Silver Blood (Y/N) Leaves Marine Forces in Disarray!"

Another turn of the page, accompanied with sounds of waves hitting the boat. A seagull cawing overhead, enjoying the clear blue sky.

"Grand Line Being Turned Upside Down in Manhunt for the Dangerous Traitor!"

Page turn.

"Ex-Marine Silver Blood Holds Confidential Information and Must Be Found Immediately Lest Innocents Will Suffer!"

Turn.

"Confusion Abound As No Trace of Pirate Offspring Traitor Being Found After Being Spotted in Grand Line Island Famous For It's Towering and Thick Palm Trees—Gaising."

You let out a puff of air out your mouth.

"They're really hammering in the traitor part," you sigh, throwing the newspaper behind you as you laid on the floor of your boat. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I am one..." You sighed again before focusing your gaze onto the sky above. Eyes lazily following some stray clouds. The sun making your swords leaning on the mast glint.

It seems they are mostly pushing that you are a risk due to the information you hold from being a Cipher Pol agent. The newspaper didn't speak of it so that means the World Government doesn't want anybody to know. And since you weren't even from Guanhao like the other agents in the first place and were the first being an outsider, it would look bad. You don't recall when you first accepted into being an agent any news outlets speaking of it, so perhaps even then the World Government kept tight wraps on it. So no one in the marines outwardly spoke of it either.

The only conclusion you have is that they are pushing you are a simple ex-marine that happens to be a pirate kid and that "knows" dangerous information.

Well. Perhaps not simple. They are calling you a "dangerous traitor".

Honestly, you can't tell if they genuinely think you'll spill some information or they just want to make sure others capture you. If it's the former, they're stupid. If it's the latter, you can understand.

Still, your distant (e/c) eyes turn towards a seagull circling overhead, frowning in thought. This isn't the best for me. I'm lucky they have no idea I'm in the East Blue. It also helps in general little to no Vice Admirals patrol in this sea.

Your brows furrowed deeply.

You need to get stronger.

You really need a teacher.

You're hoping that perhaps Shanks can show you a few things or maybe someone else in the crew like Building Snake. Even though he uses two sword style and their swords are vastly different...

"GAH! It doesn't even matter if I can't find him...!" You complain, stomping and hitting the floor below out of frustration.

It's been two weeks of nothing. No sign of Shanks each island you stop at to get some supplies or to just check.

Your injuries from Karé have been completely healed by now. You're not even wearing a bandage anymore on your left cheek either. Scar still looking fresh but healed from the corner of your left eye to a little below the left corner of your lips. Jagged and the skin darker in some places but you don't care frankly about how it looks.

It's supposed to be a promise.

You touched the scar half heartedly in thought, fingers grazing. You shook yourself, cursing under your breath and hand lifting from your cheek.