The Man Like the Sun

As the both of you walked, Shanks turned his head towards you.

"See? I told you could do it."

You ducked your head, scratching your smooth left cheek in mild embarrassment as you felt your face turn red.

"I...yeah." You looked back up at Shanks, who was looking at you with that smile and warm gaze within those dark brown eyes. Those eyes that can make you a thousand times lighter. "Yeah. I did." You reaffirmed, more confident in your tone.

Shanks looked down towards you as they walked, his expression then turning serious.

"But don't say those kinds of things again,
(Y/N)..." You furrowed your brows, wondering what he meant. You then remembering and yelling to the villagers that they can punish you, hate you, and hit you as they saw fit to take all loathing they had of the World Government onto you. "A person should never shoulder hate and burdens on themselves. That's why you have friends."

You immediately looked towards him, as his small smile was directed towards you as the both of you walked.

"I...but...I'm a marine." You weakly stated.

Shanks blinked and laughed, putting a hand up to his straw hat to make sure it doesn't fall from his head as his body shook.

"Dahahaha! Really? Cause all I see is a woman. A woman that I can now call my Nakama."

Your eyes slowly blinked as you looked up at him, in awe of what he was saying. For when he said those words, you remembered when you first saw him and told you that you were no monster, that you did not see a pirate but a man. He...thought the same as you? Your heart warmed, and seemed to have skipped a beat. But...that word.

"Na...Nakama?" You questioned, confused at the word.

Shanks widened his eyes as he looked at you, pure shock in his handsome features.

"You don't know what Nakama is?"

At the shaking of your head, Shanks exclaimed loudly in surprise and looked like he almost fell over. You furrowed your brows at his odd actions, a question mark appearing above your head as you quietly observed how the captain muttered quietly to himself in disbelief. Not believing your words on how you never heard of such a word. In truth, you've heard it before. But you've never known what it meant...it seems to be important to know from how dramatic Shanks is being.

"Ahhhh..." Shanks sighed, then looking around to spot a rock by a waterfall, pointing towards it for you. "Let's talk there, it's best to be explained sitting down."

You tilted your head.

"Is it hard to explain it standing up?"

"Yes. No. Wait." Shanks sheepishly laughed, a small red tint on his cheeks as he tried to talk to the clueless awkward woman. Only for you to laugh. Shanks blinked.

"Hahaha! I was joking Shanks. It's so we can talk more comfortably right?" You asked, your (e/c) eyes on him as he slowly blinked again.

This woman, Shanks thought with a smile as you looked at him with a cheeky grin, will be the death of him. And the red head didn't really mind. Shanks gave a slight laugh at your out of the blue teasing, seeing you slowly open up.